www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 16-04-21, 17:01   #25091
Matie
Professor

Honestly, I personally didn't mind lockdown so much. Less noise, less cars, less pollution, no crowds, no shouting and drunk people on the streets, I miss the quiet already (I really need a holiday though - and a garden). But I do feel for the people who are more extroverted and for whom staying home isn't fun at all, or people whose business/job/mental health suffered, and so on... Hang on Cat Woman, things are going to be better soon
Old 16-04-21, 22:09   #25092
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Fed up. My sleeping pattern is so messed up I'm not going to sleep until gone 4am and waking at around 1:30-2pm and I can't get out of, or even know how to get back to a more normal timeframe .
I have this problem at times too.

If I'm not forced to get up (like for work) it's so easy for my sleep pattern to shift. I feel like I ought to be living on a planet with different day cycles, because 24 hours doesn't seem long enough. I always drift to later and later bed times.
Old 16-04-21, 23:53   #25093
Rai

Matie, tbh, I think I'd rather the 2am- 11am sleep pattern. It's still a late start, but at least I would feel as if I had some day left. Those extra few hours can make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I have this problem at times too.

If I'm not forced to get up (like for work) it's so easy for my sleep pattern to shift. I feel like I ought to be living on a planet with different day cycles, because 24 hours doesn't seem long enough. I always drift to later and later bed times.
I've been trying by setting my alarm for 12pm, which is still late but the plan was to get used to getting up then, then set an alarm for earlier and earlier. It hasn't worked so far as I wake, turn the alarm off and fall asleep again .
Old 17-04-21, 00:56   #25094
DionysiasSoada
Hobbyist

Finally through busy season at my job! Goodness was that tiring, but now I can chill a bit more

Currently listening to one of the musical tracks from K Project, this anime way back in 2012. It's Suoh Mikoto's theme, which I think is fantastic. For the longest time I always remembered that particular track since the promotional days of the anime; I tried time and time again to look for it cause I always associated it with an early trailer of the anime, but had no luck. Then I just checked out the OST and lo and behold, it was the second track lol. Never knew why I didn't check the OST earlier
Old 17-04-21, 11:35   #25095
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I've been trying by setting my alarm for 12pm, which is still late but the plan was to get used to getting up then, then set an alarm for earlier and earlier. It hasn't worked so far as I wake, turn the alarm off and fall asleep again .
That never works for me either! What I've found that does work a bit, is making myself go to bed early even if I'm wide awake. Just putting myself in bed watching something on a tablet means I fall asleep earlier and then wake up earlier.

But it is a struggle when you're a night owl because you're more alert at night and want to stay up. I read somewhere it is a genuine physiological thing, our body clocks are wired differently from early birds.
Old 17-04-21, 15:18   #25096
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

More lockdown here now until May 20th. Police officers in Ontario can stop people - on foot and in their cars - and demand to know where they’re going and where they live under a new pandemic crackdown. All outdoor recreational amenities are closed. Grocery stores and similar retail limited to 25% capacity. Any employee that can work from home does so. Limit of 10 inside or outside for weddings, funerals, ceremonies, etc. Elective surgeries have been postponed.

It is a shame that the actions of a few spoil it for everyone else. It is a major pandemic, but some don’t take it serious enough (some don’t think it is real either). Do they have their heads buried in the sand.

Edit: Police decided not to stop people, but will police gatherings, etc.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 18-04-21 at 15:33.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 16:35   #25097
biscuits
Professor

I'm tired and in a bad mood and I don't know why
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 16:47   #25098
HenryIsHungry
Hobbyist

Overall I feel good. But I'm incredibly anxious due to current global conditions.....
HenryIsHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 00:03   #25099
Girafarig32
Professor

Trapped. I want so badly to get out, see places, meet people. Tired of the fruitless, behind-the-times place I live currently.
Old 18-04-21, 00:36   #25100
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
Trapped. I want so badly to get out, see places, meet people. Tired of the fruitless, behind-the-times place I live currently.
Are you speaking in terms of Covid restrictions or in general? I feel the same about where I live Can’t wait for this Covid stuff to be over and I can travel! See places and just be free to explore the world.

I got my second jab of the vaccine! So excited to finally be safe from this crazy stuff. No bad feelings.. yet..

Current Mood: Pizza is my spirit animal