Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-13, 16:52   #281
raiderromero

i prefer TRNG an FLEp besides this thread is about FLEP, and as fas i as i've seen on thsn forum 75% of people prefer TRNG
Old 05-03-13, 17:01   #282
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gerrow View Post
@My dear Titak, I take it you did not read the whole comment, at least not carefully. I am not talking about FLEP but TREP.
What I meant to say is that (regardless of what will happen with TRNG and FLEP) I would really appreciate the continuation of TREP (yes, just one letter makes a great difference) as I prefer TREP, however it might sound incredible. Also I noticed that there are other forum members as addicted to TREP like myself.
Two letters difference actually.

TREP should not be discussed in this FLEP thread. It is confusing.
You may not confuse them but there are members who do.
(Kinda like the confusion about NGLE and TRNG.)
TREP can be discussed in the TREP thread.
Anyway, I don't know about TREP though.
LWMTE was working on patches for TREP as well as far as I know but I don't know if that will continue.

Not incredible to want a continuation of TREP as far as I'm concerned.
True, I did switch to TRNG but I did make my Himalayan Mysteries game with TREP, not even using half of its possibilities I'm afraid..., and I still think it is a great tool.
So I can totally understand why people would like TREP to be continued, just like FLEP.
Old 05-03-13, 17:08   #283
Dr Gerrow

@ raideromero: Yes, I know that lots of people prefer TRNG & FLEP, but bear in mind that FLEP is a offspring from TREP and that all FLEP features have been originally created in TREP and afterwards (imperfectly) rearranged to work as FLEP for TRNG (most only partly).
Besides, as TRNG came up with new ideas that the TREP author didn't even think of, it happened also the other way round. I believe that both systems need each other as creative competition and as different approach to new ways of thinking and ideas.
And even if only 25% of builders (as you estimate) build with TREP, I think that it is a sufficient percent, democratically speaking.
It can not hurt you, or any other TRNG user, if somebody else creates his project using TREP (or even a third or fourth system that might, hopefully, be developed).

@Titak: Too bad you stopped with using only half of the features of TREP for your Himalayan Mysteries (which I enjoyed very much). You would have been surprised with the other half and the combinations + Larson's additional FE's.

Last edited by Dr Gerrow; 05-03-13 at 17:12.
Old 05-03-13, 17:16   #284
raiderromero

i understand you want the flep to be updated, but that doesnt depend from us, it depends from the creator, and yes TRNG came with more more new ideas that flep doesnt have, besides TRNG with its scripting lines, is already very open engine, and still wil be more when paolone releases his SDK, im thinking about the possiblity to use the mouse in the engine to create buttoms with new menus etc, it will be more RPG

Last edited by raiderromero; 05-03-13 at 17:17.
Old 05-03-13, 18:37   #285
Dr Gerrow

@raiderromero: Yes, you understood right. My text was clearly meant to be an encouragement, mainly to LWMTE, as well as to several others to continue with developing TREP.
Not more, not less than that.

Last edited by Dr Gerrow; 05-03-13 at 18:41.
Old 05-03-13, 20:18   #286
HeinzFritz

@Dr Gerrow: Doc, I am suffering from a severe cold and meant to make an appointment at your renowned clinic one of the next days, but reading your deep thoughts about the advantages of continuing with the development of TREP, cured me instantly.
If you plan to send a petition to Ensi, count me in.
Old 05-03-13, 21:17   #287
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gerrow View Post
@Titak: Too bad you stopped with using only half of the features of TREP for your Himalayan Mysteries (which I enjoyed very much). You would have been surprised with the other half and the combinations + Larson's additional FE's.
By the time I switched to TRNG, TRNG had developed some things I really wanted to use and which are not possible in TREP.

However, I'm very happy with the arrival of FLEP though because now I can also have some features that TRNG does not have but TREP does.
Plus TREP's animation patches (for certain moves) work better than the TRNG scripting for those moves.
Old 05-03-13, 21:38   #288
bekim

For some reason , Tomb4.exe get ruined when I modify it with the latest patches , It won't open.

Help D:'
Old 06-03-13, 10:53   #289
szeol

Personally, I am glad that we have FLEP. I always was updating TRNG and I knew about the TREP. I never use the TREP because it was not compatible with the Paolone work. So I watched with envy at some of the TREP features.
I was happy like a kid at the sight of Santa Claus when I saw FLEP. Finally, I made ​​some adjustments in my project literally just a few clicks. NGLE is a great job and became my hobby. But life one has to facilitate, not hinder. And FLEP makes many things easier.
I've been wanted everything NOW, IMMEDIATELY :-) But it can not be! People have primarily their private lives. Rome was not built in a day. We have to be patient. I know that we would have been all these wonderful features. But then it comes to the same situation as with NGLE and TREP. So I understand the decision to suspend work on the FLEP until when will be the SDK.
But that does not prevent to continue share ideas. And further you can share new discoveries. Main thing that we have fun.
Thanks FLEP and NGLE I managed to create something like this:
http://youtu.be/mVJ2A3mBGWo
And I hope that now it will only get better :-)

Last edited by szeol; 06-03-13 at 10:55. Reason: mistake
Old 09-03-13, 21:00   #290
bekim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekim View Post
For some reason , Tomb4.exe get ruined when I modify it with the latest patches , It won't open.

Help D:'
Help
Closed Thread