www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 14-04-21, 12:54   #3951
TR-Freak
Relic Hunter

My personal advice:
Separate your wads by :
Lara (contains only LARA)
Skin (contains SKIN and related objects like Holster, weapon anims etc.)
Inventory (Stuff that is present in every level like MEM_CARD, COMPASS, FLARES etc.)
NullObjects (CAMERA_TARGET,WATERFALL_MIST etc)
and Level specific objects (statics, enemies, puzzles)
Old 14-04-21, 13:38   #3952
saintjunia
Student

Joey79100, TR-Freak thank you! Well then, will have to go old-school with the outfits

TR-Freak, any specific reason why exactly this division?
Old 14-04-21, 14:08   #3953
TR-Freak
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjunia View Post
TR-Freak, any specific reason why exactly this division?

The skin,level-specific and inventory wads are more subjects to change during development.
Old 14-04-21, 21:08   #3954
NicNamSam
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
Yes, I forgot that there's in fact 2 ENV_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT conditions there. The one with + ENV_NON_TRUE is an inverted condition and specifies that the hole in front must be at most that deep, and not beyond it. This is indeed the one that must be at 640. But I checked and it looks like the script given in the scripts.txt file already has a value of 639, so almost identical to 640 anyway. If you had the unchanged values from the script.txt initially and the animations already misbehaved at that point, then perhaps the issue is with the script for the roll-out.

Could you show the isolated script excerpts for the roll-out and the 2 click-exit? You could maybe send it via PM, as it doesn't seem like this is strictly to do with Tomb Editor as-is, but more with TRNG scripting which is a seperate topic, really.
I got it to work, the solution was with the high roll-out setting in FLEP, not with the animation script as I assumed. Thanks

Now I have a new, completely different question. I cannot get my custom ANIMATING7_MIP object to have any collision. I have made sure that it has a blue bounding box in its animation in WadTool, I have pressed calculate several times, I have moved it to another slot, replacing an animating that did have collision, and I have made sure that there is no code that should be affecting its collision. Nothing works. It doesn't have any collision before or after being triggered.
NicNamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 06:37   #3955
Joey79100
Professor

I think the engine just ignores collision of any _MIP slot. Try renaming it to a non-MIP slot, it it works then this is the issue.
Maybe you can keep it in a _MIP slot but use TRNG's AssignSlot= commune to make it behave like a non-MIP Animating.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 16:10   #3956
Richard_trle
Explorer

I don't know how, but sometimes my animations on mip slot have collision, sometimes they do not
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 16:18   #3957
NicNamSam
Hobbyist

I said I tried different slots.

Edit: I solved it by going into WadTool, exporting every mesh to a file, then immediately re-importing them. I don't know where the root of the problem lies, however.

Last edited by NicNamSam; 15-04-21 at 17:30.
Old 15-04-21, 18:55   #3958
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNamSam View Post
I said I tried different slots.

Edit: I solved it by going into WadTool, exporting every mesh to a file, then immediately re-importing them. I don't know where the root of the problem lies, however.
Oops sorry I missed this part!
Now that you mention reimporting the object, there was actually an issue with the bounding box of objects imported from a level (see this release note). Maybe that was the case, ie. you imported the object with a previous version of WT, and exporting/reimporting it in the new version fixed it?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 13:11   #3959
NicNamSam
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Oops sorry I missed this part!
Now that you mention reimporting the object, there was actually an issue with the bounding box of objects imported from a level (see this release note). Maybe that was the case, ie. you imported the object with a previous version of WT, and exporting/reimporting it in the new version fixed it?
I only started creating this object a little bit after I downloaded the newest version of WadTool, so I don't think that's it.
Old 18-04-21, 16:23   #3960
LeelooBastet
Explorer

Hi

When right-cliking, you get a popup with add options...
Would it be possible to add the option flatten floor/ceiling to the mouse too when clicking on a square or group of squares ?
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote