www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 20-02-21, 08:37   #61
Bergus
Hobbyist

I was trying this awesome blender addon, it's called sprytile and allows you to apply 2D tilesets to 3D objects. I want to make it compatible with WADBlender.
I think that it may be useful to people that don't like uvmapping or for those that want to optimize the size of the texture map by reusing tiles.
Bergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 17:38   #62
not again!
Explorer

^^ Oh, the uv paint function absolutely looks like it could be a massive time saver when editing room geometry! It would definitely be amazing to have that as part of your addon. Thank you for continuing to improve Wad Blender with such fantastic features.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 19:59   #63
LeelooBastet
Explorer

So cool !
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 03:28   #64
HaniHeger
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergus View Post
I was trying this awesome blender addon, it's called sprytile and allows you to apply 2D tilesets to 3D objects. I want to make it compatible with WADBlender.
I think that it may be useful to people that don't like uvmapping or for those that want to optimize the size of the texture map by reusing tiles.
So it's like how STRPIX3 works but in blender? That would be wonderful, I have a really hard time at uvmapping indeed...

Edit: Oh wait it actually builds with textures!

Last edited by HaniHeger; 21-02-21 at 03:34.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 04:52   #65
Bergus
Hobbyist

You can build or just apply textures to an existing model like strpix or winroomedit! Unfortunately it does not work very well with large tile maps such as the ones used by trle. The problem is that the texture selector is shown in the 3d viewport of Blender and if it is too high it is difficult to work with. It should be split somehow and then joined again at the end.
Bergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 17:00   #66
HaniHeger
Historian

I have a obj file here with a pixel texture, but when I attach it to the object the pixels gets blurry, by using "closest" in the nodes of the texture I managed to fix it, but only in blender, seems like TE won't read that? But yet, is there another way or anything else that I could do to solve this ?
Old 09-04-21, 15:55   #67
not again!
Explorer

^^ ah, I'm afraid you can't really have sharp looking pixels without turning off Bilinear filtering in your game settings.

If the texture itself is sharply pixelated when you view it in windows photo viewer or photoshop etc, but appears blurry in the various apps (Blender, WadTool, the game itself, ..), it's entirely because of the texture filtering of those individual programs.

You already found out yourself how to get Blender to render the texture sharply.
As for the look of the texture in game - as mentioned above you have to turn off Bilinear filtering to get sharp looking pixels.

I don't think there is an option to disable texture filtering in WadTool & TE; I know you can enable or disable anti-aliasing for rendering in general so the models don't appear with jagged edges, but I don't think you can turn off texture filtering specifically. But crisp pixel textures looking blurry in WadTool and TE does not affect how the texture will look in game, so don't worry about it

Last edited by not again!; 09-04-21 at 16:07.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 18:11   #68
HaniHeger
Historian

Shame, I'm asking around to be sure, (so far it seems like glTF exports this closest config, but wadtool didn't read such file format, definitely not going in there again.)

But maybe that could be added on WadTool in future versions? Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do, but again what do I know
Old 09-04-21, 18:58   #69
Krystian
Archaeologist

Even if you do that, it will only appear so in WT, it won't (and can't) be reflected by the game engine.
Krystian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 14:39   #70
saintjunia
Student

A silly question here, tried to search the thread, but didn't find the answer -

When you are using a brand new texture, how to make it recognized by TE? Like I create or import a new object in Blender, texture it, but in TE it says the textures are out of bounds after building the level.