www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 17-03-21, 14:47   #1
justin
Professor

Default Elevator sounds in Tomb Editor

Hi everyone! So I've got the elevator command working beautifully in TE now. The only thing that doesn't appear to be working is the sound that should play while the elevator moves. It's normally the Mapper sound (which is definitely working properly). Does the Elevator command not force this sound in TE the same way it did in NGLE?

Thanks!
Old 17-03-21, 15:11   #2
Krystian
Archaeologist

To clear something up: Tomb Editor (and its associated tools) is not a seperate engine to TRNG, but purely an editor (replacing only NGLE side of things). That means that using TE will have no effect on TRNG triggers and script commands, because those things are still handled by TRNG and TE has nothing to do with it. There is only 2 real exceptions where something that worked in NGLE won't work in TE: collision triggers for changing the floor collision independently from the room (replaced by ghost blocks in TE, which imo are much easier to use) and plugin-specific triggers, for those you can use NGLE to export the triggers but still utilize them in scripts within the TombIDE script editor.

If the sound doesn't work for the elevator, I doubt TE could be at fault. Please check if the sound really is enabled, you have the paths for sound set correctly in the level settings, etc.

Last edited by Krystian; 17-03-21 at 15:15.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-21, 15:19   #3
justin
Professor

Thanks! That's what I thought, I assumed TE still used whatever TRNG and NG_Center used for the elevator command. That said, the sound definitely works. For example, if I place a Sound object playing the Mapper Move (309) sample, it plays properly on loop.

I wonder if maybe it should be another sound that the Elevator uses? I'll check my old ngle project...
Old 18-03-21, 15:53   #4
justin
Professor

Okay, I still can't figure out why the Elevator command isn't playing the sound using a TE built level, but I have a workaround!

For now, I'm using the GT_ELEVATOR_STARTS_FROM_FLOOR and GT_ELEVATOR_STOPS_AT_FLOOR global triggers to manually play the sound while the elevator is moving