www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 25-03-21, 02:39   #1
LarasShadow326
Hobbyist

Question Error When Testing Level

Hi! I recently installed Tomb Editor and I'm getting used to the interface pretty well however I'm having an issue when I try to test the level it pops up saying failed to set up direct X. This is only happening on one project, the other works fine. For context I'm trying to recreate croft manor from TRIII using a WAD from trsearch (the creator name started with a G but I don't have it on hand right now..) and textures that I took from TRIII...any idea what I can do to fix this? Thank you!
LarasShadow326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 04:52   #2
croftyboy
Historian

This generally happens if the game is running on fulscreen. Try windowed mode.
croftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-21, 02:20   #3
LarasShadow326
Hobbyist

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post
This generally happens if the game is running on fulscreen. Try windowed mode.
Thank you, I tried this out but unfortunately this did not work. Now the I see the title screen but it has no screen and it has a green tint and then it crashes. I have the crash log if I am okay to put that into the thread? I don't understand what it is trying to tell me lol. I am very new to this editor I'm sorry!
Old 27-03-21, 07:45   #4
Krystian
Archaeologist

You should access the game settings. There are 2 ways to access them:

1. When you launch the game and you see a box that says "Press CTRL key for SETUP" then you must hold down CTRL and it will open the settings panel

2. You need to create a shortcut to the game (it can be in the same folder), but then you must open its properties (right-click and click Properties in the context menu) and in the Target box, after the path, add a space and type -setup. This configures a shortcut to access the game's setup (use this if the above method doesn't work).

Once you have accessed the setup panel one way or the other, in Output Settings you must switch from Core Design MMX Hardware Card Emulation to Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration. Click OK and then try running the game again.
Krystian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-21, 22:01   #5
LarasShadow326
Hobbyist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
You should access the game settings. There are 2 ways to access them:

1. When you launch the game and you see a box that says "Press CTRL key for SETUP" then you must hold down CTRL and it will open the settings panel

2. You need to create a shortcut to the game (it can be in the same folder), but then you must open its properties (right-click and click Properties in the context menu) and in the Target box, after the path, add a space and type -setup. This configures a shortcut to access the game's setup (use this if the above method doesn't work).

Once you have accessed the setup panel one way or the other, in Output Settings you must switch from Core Design MMX Hardware Card Emulation to Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration. Click OK and then try running the game again.
Hi! Thank you for this info, I had to do the second method but it seems to be working now! I'm missing sounds for Lara, I am assuming this is something to do with the WAD? Perhaps I messed something up when preparing it..