Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 14-02-22, 19:03   #1
Winethorn

Default List of Underworld glitches & bugs (PC)?

Hello!

I just played through the Thailand section of the game and there was a major bug in this level: getting the statue down with the grapple pull. I stream this game on my twitch channel so bugs can be quite annoying.

Can I expect more of these bugs in the game? Do you guys have a list of bugs for this game?
Winethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-22, 20:48   #2
LateRaider
Inactive

You're on PC? You need to turn on VSync or else you'll encounter physics glitches galore. Be sure to do that first.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-22, 22:40   #3
UroshUchiha

A lot of physics based things in TRU are tied to FPS. If your FPS is left uncapped, things in the game will simply not work.
Either cap the FPS in game or by using your GPU's control panel.

I actually haven't tried the GPU's control panel approach, but I'm sure it'll work as well.

Besides that, I don't think there are any other TRU related bugs? Nothing come to mind at the moment. It's the most stable of the LAU trilogy in my experience.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-22, 04:27   #4
JAMJOOM

The computer version should not exceed 60 fps
The physics of the game may be torn
Especially in Windows 10
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-22, 08:33   #5
Winethorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
You're on PC? You need to turn on VSync or else you'll encounter physics glitches galore. Be sure to do that first.
YES. I was reading on some other forum about this. Turned VSync on, bug went away.

Thanks everyone for your advices. Hope everthing goes well from now on.
Old 16-02-22, 10:28   #6
LateRaider
Inactive

you're welcome. good luck. you should also be sure to force VSync on for Legend and Anniversary to fix physics issues there. (iirc you should be able to make specific graphics profiles for them.)
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-22, 21:02   #7
Samz

Stella's walkthrough has warnings for bugs.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-22, 20:52   #8
Winethorn

That's it! I "finished" the game. I gave up on the last 30 minutes of the game. I got two crashes, had to restart it twice!!! Watched the ending on youtube. If anyone cares, you can watch this mess on my stream.

I don't recommend this game for streaming, at all. It's a pity. The game design, soundtrack and visuals are amazing but the bugs and glitches are a deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
you're welcome. good luck. you should also be sure to force VSync on for Legend and Anniversary to fix physics issues there. (iirc you should be able to make specific graphics profiles for them.)
VSync helped quite a lot but the PC version is too broken.
Old 05-03-22, 10:47   #9
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
A lot of physics based things in TRU are tied to FPS. If your FPS is left uncapped, things in the game will simply not work.
Either cap the FPS in game or by using your GPU's control panel.

I actually haven't tried the GPU's control panel approach, but I'm sure it'll work as well.

Besides that, I don't think there are any other TRU related bugs? Nothing come to mind at the moment. It's the most stable of the LAU trilogy in my experience.
Idk what kind of unreleased version you played but it was the most broken and unstable in my experience.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 11:45   #10
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Idk what kind of unreleased version you played but it was the most broken and unstable in my experience.
Maybe I was just unconsciously ignoring the issues then? Can you provide the list of bugs that you had in the game?
It's been a hot minute since I replayed LAU trilogy, but from memory I only remember having to use vsync or physics puzzles didn't work and how much I hated the animations. Going straight from TRA to TRU was jarring cause TRA animations were so fluid while in TRU everything feels stiff and awkward.

But besides that, no bugs come to mind.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote