Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 21-05-21, 05:51   #18381
Moon-Safari

I hope this movie is as much of a **** show as Lovecraft country. At least going bonkers makes it entertaining, unlike the last snooze-fest of a film. They have about one more good chance to prove that Tomb Raider movies are worth making. WE know they are, but one more flop might hurt the property and make studios a little gun-shy to try another one. Oh what am I saying, hollywood will remake anything a million times before they give up. I just want the movie to be fun and crazy, not so subdued and laborious like the last one. And they need to start coming up with better titles.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-21, 20:50   #18382
JuditePrince12

To me the first one seemed like it genuinely tried but I'm pretty sure they enforced the idea of doing a retelling of reboot Lara but in movie form. They clearly took inspiration from the game and it wasn't the best decision due to the lack of inspiration. However I don't think it was that bad. A solid 7.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 03:11   #18383
Rai

Tomb Raider: Obsidian is listed in Production Weekly. I assume this is due to the first draft. Still, I like seeing the name pop up. I really hope that name sticks.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 08:56   #18384
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Tomb Raider: Obsidian is listed in Production Weekly. I assume this is due to the first draft. Still, I like seeing the name pop up. I really hope that name sticks.
Same I like this name it's not too long and effective
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 11:06   #18385
PinkyPromise

Not a bad title. But I like X of Tomb Raider better (rise of tomb raider, shadow of tomb raider, legend of tomb raider etc) I think it's iconic.

However, if you just prefer TOMB RAIDER: Obsidian. I hope they keep one word in the future. I hated THE CRADLE OF LIFE as a title haha
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 11:28   #18386
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Not a bad title. But I like X of Tomb Raider better (rise of tomb raider, shadow of tomb raider, legend of tomb raider etc) I think it's iconic.

However, if you just prefer TOMB RAIDER: Obsidian. I hope they keep one word in the future. I hated THE CRADLE OF LIFE as a title haha
You mean LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER: THE CRADLE OF LIFE. That's the entire clunky title of that's movie
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 11:56   #18387
PinkyPromise

hahaha so true that title was really exhausting
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-21, 12:11   #18388
Tonyrobinson

Atleast it's nothing like the Fantastic Beasts and where to find them: The crimes of Grindlewald. Now that was a mouthful.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-21, 14:06   #18389
Luxel

hahaha i totally agree
Luxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-21, 19:25   #18390
Tonyrobinson

Looks likely a deal might just go ahead now it'll be interesting to see how this affects Tomb Raider's distribution plans. I can see Prime Video making many Tomb Raider sequel hopefully with Alicia. The deal is rumored to be announced as early as tomorrow.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...mpression=true

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 24-05-21 at 19:33.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote