www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-09-12, 16:25   #1011
BigR4444
Golden
 
BigR4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LB, NY
Posts: 4,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippingWater View Post
Ok, show me footage of Nina's acting that would make her a good pick for Lara. Plus Camilla really looks like pre-and-reboot Lara.
???... of course Camilla looks like reboot Lara... she did the voice acting and motion capture for the charchter.... it would be strange if she didnt look like her... thats not a good reason to give her the live action role....

I like Camilla, but the reason I dont think sheel get this role is the same reason I dont think Nina will get the role either.... credability...

Theyre going to be making a big budget movie, with action elements, and sequel implications... theyre not likely to make that bet with the girl who does Laras voice, or the girl from that vampire show on the WB...

Emma Watson is a household name... the kind of name that you can use to drive a major project like this...

I mentioned Saoirse Ronan in this thread, shes not a "household name", but shes been nominated for an academy award, and shown she can carry a film in a lead or co lead role (Hanna/The Lovely Bones)

Theyre more likely to go with someone who has clout, like Emma, or Saoirse, or someone i cant think of right now... and not some pretty girl with a minor role or two to her credit...

Last edited by BigR4444; 18-09-12 at 17:37.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 07:14   #1012
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter
 
JsotoTRSaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In Your Heart
Posts: 7,914
Default

Camilla Luddington will be LC in the movie it is obvious.... she is the best for the role bc she is also the va for the game and performs the mocap for the game as well.
__________________
I don't support a woke Lara ala Project Heartbreaker
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 09:45   #1013
TippingWater
Tomb Raider
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Camilla Luddington will be LC in the movie it is obvious.... she is the best for the role bc she is also the va for the game and performs the mocap for the game as well.
I have nothing against this .
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 15:24   #1014
BigR4444
Golden
 
BigR4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LB, NY
Posts: 4,740
Default

Perhaps youll find this interesting...

http://www.notstarring.com/movies/la...t--tomb-raider

Now, im not sure how accurate the information is, as far as who was offered or considered for the role... but I can tell you that these were the names being throw around, in magazines and the internet...

The, "obvious" choices of course were Elizabeth Hurley, and, my personal favorite at the time, Catherine Zeta-Jones.... their names were being thrown around with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ashley Judd, and yes, even Denise Richards... and I actually do remember some of those other names being throw around... although I def dont remember Kirsten Dunst or Kate Hudson....

I can alson tell you that I dont remember Angelina being mentioned at all... she just sorta came out of nowhere and stole the role, and in hindsight, I dont know if anyone else coulda pulled it off...

The point being, im seeing a lot of, "Camilla is the ONLY choice..."; "If they dont pick Emma Watson this movie will suck..."
Keep an open mind, dont pigeonhole yourself into one actress, cuz youre setting yourself up for fanboy rage when shes not picked...

I should know, I was so pissed the didnt pick Catherine... "ZOMG, Angelina Jolie!?... WTF!?!"... lol
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 15:39   #1015
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 20,598
Default

Wow, Liv Tyler!
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 22:00   #1016
Trinity34
Golden
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 5,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post

I can alson tell you that I dont remember Angelina being mentioned at all... she just sorta came out of nowhere and stole the role, and in hindsight, I dont know if anyone else coulda pulled it off...

The point being, im seeing a lot of, "Camilla is the ONLY choice..."; "If they dont pick Emma Watson this movie will suck..."
Keep an open mind, dont pigeonhole yourself into one actress, cuz youre setting yourself up for fanboy rage when shes not picked...

I should know, I was so pissed the didnt pick Catherine... "ZOMG, Angelina Jolie!?... WTF!?!"... lol

Ahh... the voice of reason. Maybe this thread is at its end because we are just arguing over who will be better without actually posting credible evidence as you say. Come to think of it, if I was making a movie I would want the most talented and popular actress I could get at a low salary. Maybe we should be discussing oscar winning actresses instead.
Trinity34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 22:22   #1017
TippingWater
Tomb Raider
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Perhaps youll find this interesting...

http://www.notstarring.com/movies/la...t--tomb-raider

Now, im not sure how accurate the information is, as far as who was offered or considered for the role... but I can tell you that these were the names being throw around, in magazines and the internet...

The, "obvious" choices of course were Elizabeth Hurley, and, my personal favorite at the time, Catherine Zeta-Jones.... their names were being thrown around with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ashley Judd, and yes, even Denise Richards... and I actually do remember some of those other names being throw around... although I def dont remember Kirsten Dunst or Kate Hudson....

I can alson tell you that I dont remember Angelina being mentioned at all... she just sorta came out of nowhere and stole the role, and in hindsight, I dont know if anyone else coulda pulled it off...

The point being, im seeing a lot of, "Camilla is the ONLY choice..."; "If they dont pick Emma Watson this movie will suck..."
Keep an open mind, dont pigeonhole yourself into one actress, cuz youre setting yourself up for fanboy rage when shes not picked...

I should know, I was so pissed the didnt pick Catherine... "ZOMG, Angelina Jolie!?... WTF!?!"... lol
You are right, tbh I don't care who will play Lara in the movie. I would kinda like Camilla, because I think that it would be really interesting to have the VA as the live action heroine, but that's about it.

I just want a new movie already.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 22:23   #1018
Peep Show
Relic Hunter
 
Peep Show's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Libertalia
Posts: 6,080
Default

Godmilla.
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 22:32   #1019
TippingWater
Tomb Raider
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Show View Post
Godmilla.
.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 00:45   #1020
BigR4444
Golden
 
BigR4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LB, NY
Posts: 4,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity34 View Post
if I was making a movie I would want the most talented and popular actress I could get at a low salary. Maybe we should be discussing oscar winning actresses instead.
I think too many people around here are hung up on looks... Take Emma Watson, dont get me wrong, shes a pretty girl, but Camilla Luddington is a ten... theres a stark difference between the two of them... same thing with Nina Dobrev... a ten... and Kacey Barnfeld....

It seems like too many people around here see a ten, with dark brown hair and say, well thats Lara...

Not only do I think the studio doesn't care, I think theyre going to deliberately avoid casting a ten... and, as you said... look for a talented actress, who will deliver an emotional performance...

...we had a really good thread going for a while there, with someone doing a lot of work an compiling all the suggestions... where'd it disappear to???
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.