Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 22-05-13, 15:10   #1511
DanV

I only want on of this three actresses.

Emma Watson.
Lyndsy Fonseca (my first choice).
Emilia Clarke.

Any of them would be great for me.
DanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-13, 16:03   #1512
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowConvenient View Post
We don't know for sure, we're just speculating. And yeah, she did do the scene but if she was the girl they were talking about, then there is no sense in even putting her name in for Lara, because she wouldn't be able to handle it. She did get it done, eventually, but if it was that difficult she could never do Tomb Raider, if one scene took that long and was that difficult to film, the Tomb Raider reboot would be doomed from the start, they might not even finish it. Plus, if she's a diva no one is going to want to work with her. And it's not like she's the only actress out there in this age range. Why would they even consider her if she wasn't going to fit?

There is a big difference between standing in one spot, pointing a "wand" at someone, shouting words in Latin (kids movie), and breaking down a door with an axe and swearing. There is a monstrous difference between the first and killing people continuously in ways that warrant an M rating - seriously, Lara was like the Punisher in the TR reboot, it was gory, violent, and there was swearing; not for the faint of heart. Don't get me wrong, I love HP, but comparing that to the new TR is like comparing Emma Watson to Marilyn Monroe, it's a whole different ball game!
You're basing assumptions on Emma based entirely on speculation, which isn't fair in my book. In theory, if the actress being discussed happens to be an actress considered for the role of Lara, then you'd have a fair point, the directors of the TR film won't be waiting around for any actress who has hissy fits during filming. Yet Emma did do that axe scene, there's no proof she didn't want to do it at first. Swearing aside, there's no real difference to scenes I saw in HP (the last two films especially). If Emma had reservations about any scene she's done, she got over it.

No doubt that Harry Potter is very different to Tomb Raider as far as violence is concerned, but Emma did a bit more than stand there with a wand in her hand. You're over simplifying the action scenes that Emma was involved in. And then again, she did wield that axe and swear, so she's capable of that at least. IF Emma shows an interest in and auditions for the role of Lara Croft, one could assume she'd have a fair idea of the role before hand and know if she feels ready for the violent nature of the scenes.

Edit: come to think of it, reading the description of the scene James Franco was talking about, it doesn't seem like the axe wielding scene to me, but something else. Also, it says in the beginning that the actress in question had a smaller role in the film, is Emma's role in This Is The End a small one? She's listed at the top of the cast list.

Last edited by Rai; 22-05-13 at 17:35.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-13, 21:25   #1513
AimlessThunder

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/...rn8po1_500.gif

http://eu.cdn002.fansshare.com/celeb...-315889183.jpg

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/...gmjao1_500.gif

Last edited by Admles; 24-05-13 at 08:14.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 08:20   #1514
tiann

^ her breasts aren't big enough
tiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 08:47   #1515
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiann View Post

But her face and body are very similar to the new Lara, especially CG Lara. ***** are overrated anyways.

Emma just needs to gain more muscle and weight and she would be perfect .

Last edited by AimlessThunder; 23-05-13 at 09:10.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 10:24   #1516
Admles

Folks, lets cut down on the excessive image posting hey?

Make them smaller or post as links.
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 13:05   #1517
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiann View Post
Breasts don't maketh a woman. I realise that Lara was recognisable partly due to having large breasts (more so outside of the fanbase probably), but her breasts don't have any part to play in what she does . As Aimless says, Emma looks like new Lara in many ways and working out would help for a more toned and muscly arms and legs. Not too much though as new Lara was still quite slender. Emma isn't at a considerable disadvantage for having smaller breasts.

Last edited by Rai; 23-05-13 at 13:07.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-13, 14:10   #1518
spyrostr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
But her face and body are very similar to the new Lara, especially CG Lara. ***** are overrated anyways.

Emma just needs to gain more muscle and weight and she would be perfect .
oh u used my pic
spyrostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 01:21   #1519
Tonyrobinson

So we are still no closer to this moving forward then?

Gosh 2019 can't come quick enough to see this movie finally on the screen!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 05:21   #1520
aussie500
Golden

For a movie that presumably already had a script and was going to start immediately it does seem to be taking its time. Maybe we should interpret "immediately" the same way as Crystal Dynamics interpreted the word "soon", slightly faster than later, but no where near as fast as we would like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
You're basing assumptions on Emma based entirely on speculation, which isn't fair in my book. In theory, if the actress being discussed happens to be an actress considered for the role of Lara, then you'd have a fair point, the directors of the TR film won't be waiting around for any actress who has hissy fits during filming. Yet Emma did do that axe scene, there's no proof she didn't want to do it at first. Swearing aside, there's no real difference to scenes I saw in HP (the last two films especially). If Emma had reservations about any scene she's done, she got over it.

No doubt that Harry Potter is very different to Tomb Raider as far as violence is concerned, but Emma did a bit more than stand there with a wand in her hand. You're over simplifying the action scenes that Emma was involved in. And then again, she did wield that axe and swear, so she's capable of that at least. IF Emma shows an interest in and auditions for the role of Lara Croft, one could assume she'd have a fair idea of the role before hand and know if she feels ready for the violent nature of the scenes.

Edit: come to think of it, reading the description of the scene James Franco was talking about, it doesn't seem like the axe wielding scene to me, but something else. Also, it says in the beginning that the actress in question had a smaller role in the film, is Emma's role in This Is The End a small one? She's listed at the top of the cast list.
Emma just had a cameo in This is the End, the axe wielding I think was just about it for the action, so she knew she was doing it before she signed on. Now if she gets a great death scene I have not seen it yet. What I saw of it she looked deadly serious (although you might be chuckling a bit watching it), I doubt she would have much trouble acting a bit tougher in a bigger role. And screaming she does just fine. The actress gets training for whatever Lara has to be good at, Emma is already fit and sporty, she would not need 3 months to get ready if she got the part.

Edit
And even if true I doubt there will be any such scenes in Tomb Raider
http://itsemmawatsonbitch.tumblr.com...the-end-of-the

But you always have to take these news worthy publicity stunts with a grain of salt, it seems only a rumour and after all the "rumours" we have heard about Angelina Jolie, we should know not to believe everything we hear. I would post some of the more interesting links, but the too raunchy censor would be after me.

Last edited by aussie500; 24-05-13 at 05:56.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote