Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 02-09-19, 10:48   #1
DragonSlayer

Default Dumb Decisions

This topic is the sister topic to my dumb things people say topic.

Dumb decisions get made every day, so what dumb decisions have you read or heard about? I've got 3 of them.

Stupidly the local council or whatever department is responsible for road works decided to do some road works right outside a school during the week in which schools reopen after the summer holidays, they also blocked access to the bus stop outside the school, had common sense been exercised whoever is responsible for authorising the road works could have given the go ahead at anytime during the last 3 months when schools were closed but chose to give the go ahead at the same time schools are reopening.

Not too faraway more roadworks were given the go ahead to widen the footpaths on an already narrow street making it more difficult for traffic and cyclists to get down that street.

Last week some guys from an unnamed department did some work in an area where there are flood defences, when they left the flood defences weren't in great shape after they were finished their work, over the weekend there was heavy rain, the flood defences failed and homes, fields and an airfield were all flooded, whoever deliberately left the flood defences in that state should be fired.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 11:13   #2
Tomb Raidering

1. Square Enix not hyping DLC8/Definitive Edition.

2. The government not increasing minimal wages according to the inflation.

3. Me buying a book that’s in a language I can’t read...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 02-09-19 at 11:16.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 11:18   #3
Mani_Man

Voting Donald Trump would i consider a Dumb Decision

No, i dont really know something i would really call a dumb decision since every decision opens a door for something else good or bad.
So a potential dumb decision might be good for other reasons.

I would say the first publisher who told me i would never make it as Writer and didnt took my Manuscript in, made a dumb decision.
Considering where it lead me and that the publisher has since then gone bankrupt.
But i heard the guy behind the refusal of my manuscript has found success in something else...so it worked out in the end for all sides, so is it really a dumb decision? I dont know.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 12:24   #4
DragonSlayer

I forget where this happened a few years ago I read online about a lifeguard who was fired for doing his job long story short a lifeguard noticed someone drowning on a section of a beach that had no lifeguards on it, he wasn't the only lifeguard on his section of the beach so he ran off to save the person.

When he submitted an incident report he was fired because his boss or bosses felt that he had broken the rules to go and save the person drowning, after he was fired 10 other lifeguards resigned in protest, the guy who was fired was then offered his job back but refused to work for them again.

The rules stated that he wasn't to leave his designated section of the beach for any reason.
Old 02-09-19, 12:44   #5
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I forget where this happened a few years ago I read online about a lifeguard who was fired for doing his job long story short a lifeguard noticed someone drowning on a section of a beach that had no lifeguards on it, he wasn't the only lifeguard on his section of the beach so he ran off to save the person.

When he submitted an incident report he was fired because his boss or bosses felt that he had broken the rules to go and save the person drowning, after he was fired 10 other lifeguards resigned in protest, the guy who was fired was then offered his job back but refused to work for them again.

The rules stated that he wasn't to leave his designated section of the beach for any reason.
So...he was supposed to let the person drown? I get that they probably have these rules for a reason, but surely saving a life should be an exception? Good for him for standing his ground and refusing to work with these people.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 13:42   #6
Baslakor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
3. Me buying a book that’s in a language I can’t read...
Well, only one sOlution. You'll have to learn a new language now! Awesome decision! Good luck!

Last edited by Baslakor; 02-09-19 at 14:43.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 13:48   #7
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
Well, only one sOlution. You'll have to learn a new language now! Awesome decision! Good luck!
Hmmmm.... Well, there’s always Google Translate.

Seriously tho, that’s why I bought the book.

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 02-09-19 at 13:50.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 19:04   #8
Cochrane
Golden

Deciding how much capacity a train service needed by counting during the summer holidays, specifically on the Aachen-Cologne-Siegen service. They did that, ordered shiny new EMUs, and when they were delivered (more than a year too late), they were immediately always overcrowded. It's a few years later now, and they've finally gone back to the double-decker trains that used to run on the line before.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 03:28   #9
JoelCaesar

The social concept that you have to tip in the US. I honestly don't understand this just pay people more.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 13:47   #10
DragonSlayer

Whoever made the decision to include multiplayer modes in single player games should have been shot as not all games need a multiplayer mode and a co-op mode, see below for examples.

Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Bioshock 2 and Grand Theft Auto 4.

Dead Space 2 multiplayer wasn't anything special and wasn't necessary and Dead Space 3 definitely didn't need co-op, co-op makes a game less scary.

They dodged the bullet with Fallout 4 as they had been thinking of including a multiplayer mode, good thing they didn't or ot would have been a disaster as Fallout 76 has shown.

The only single player game IMO that has great multiplayer is The Last Of Us, when I heard that TLOU would have multiplayer I was like yet another game that doesn't need a multiplayer mode but is getting one anyway, then I played it and liked it much more than the other games mentioned above that had multiplayer modes tacked on.