Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 11-07-20, 18:12   #11
Reggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
While I find all this information fascinating - I REALLY wish you talented guys would make a tutorial / mini manual on how to build TR2/3 levels using Tomb Editor.
I really wanna give it a try, but dunno where to start. I got it to kinda work - but it was a bit glitchy.

Not to mention the fact a lot of the U.I doesn't change when using TR2/3 (like the unofficial editor has different terms for things)
So its all quite confusing.

Maybe I should just stick with the Unofficial Editor?
You and anyone else building TR2 and 3 levels in Tomb Editor are at the forefront. It's going to take threads like this to identify what works and what does not, before a tutorial can become possible. Baby steps before giant leaps.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 00:31   #12
AWESOMO

Its return the TR2 and TR3 compatibility in Tomb Editor????

How is it possible?
AWESOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 00:43   #13
vasatomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOMO View Post
Its return the TR2 and TR3 compatibility in Tomb Editor????

How is it possible?
For tr2 i use tr2main by Arsunt. Almost all engine limitations are expandet up for 4 times! I have in my wad all enemies,traps,objects and game will not crash if using tr2main.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 16:01   #14
Sabatu

Tbh I have only one problem with TR2 in TOmbe Editor and that is Broken death animation for Big spider.. Everything is OK .. but Fort TR3 I have one big problem.
If I create One room and put Pointlight .. Lara is illuminated from one side by the bright white light no matter what ..
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 18:17   #15
piano_raider

Hi Sabatu!
I had the same issue with the giant spider. You can edit the death-animation in Wad-Tool. In Animation 2 (Death-Animation) you can set "next frame" from 3 to 39 (last frame) and the spider will stay in the last frame after dying. I also had some issues with dead barracudas. Here I had to set "End frame" in Animation 7 from 39 to 42 and it worked.
Sadly I have no clue about your light-problem in TR3.

BtW - canīt wait for all the TR2/3 custom levels in the future - and of course also your new levels, sabatu!
piano_raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-21, 06:53   #16
Stryke

I'm having a bit of an issue with number five. The level works well throughout. I've tried all I can think of, I was wondering if there are any finicky object advice bc when I delete all objects the level goes back to the main menu.

And TRViewer crashes when I try to open the level
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-21, 07:37   #17
TR-Freak
Unverified

Well, you need atleast a lara in the level
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-21, 13:15   #18
Stryke

You know I had to check to make sure Lara was there lol. She was though but I'm stilling having a crash on TRViewer. This is my first project I ever used TRViewer. But I think I don't need it anymore and I believe I found a solution took about 30+ hrs lol.

It's my textinfos. Some reason it does not like any # over ~2100. I currently have 2,053 and the level goes back the main menu. I really thought it was my rooms, obj placements? or lighting. But no, just too much in the .wad I guess. Some TR3 enemies take up a lot of textures like crocodiles to my surprise.

I know the OP posted a limit of 4,096 IDs. My level is quite complete now so maybe with everything it gets lowered somehow? Either way, I'm quite happy it works now. TR3 is just......everything!
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote