www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 24-06-19, 18:13   #41
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I don't care who produces it because with the lacklustre way the music has been used in the survivor trilogy it wouldn't matter.
Old 25-06-19, 10:47   #42
Megalith
Relic Hunter

Someone who makes very generic and forgetfull compositions in order to continue with the tradition of the last 3 titles and match with the generic/unremarkable gameplay.

Last edited by Megalith; 25-06-19 at 10:49.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 10:58   #43
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Uptempo orchestral would be good. Something like this:

Maybe collaborate with Moby, Lamb, Air that kind of vibe or Rudimental, also if they need a vocal, get Becky Hill. She's on-trend but she blends with soundtracks and uptempos really well.

I used to purely be about orchestral scores but I think we need something like this to give the series a shot in the arm. They can always mix the two and use orchestral for slower or more emotional moments. Main thing is to produce something memorable.

Last edited by Reggie; 25-06-19 at 11:09.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 23:24   #44
NickieLeeCroft
Hobbyist

Location: Slovakia, Zlate Moravce, soon finally in my own flat

My personal favourites are Jason Graves and Brian D'olivera.
Why?
Jason went that far that he invented his own musical instrument, besides of that, I've listened to 100% whole TR2013 soundtrack, not only official but all the backsides, all music he created and I was just shocked by it's sound. I would definitely give him another shot.

Brian's soundtrack is definitely one of the best in the entire series. I am currently listening to it and.. with every replaying I am able to notice different things. It totally fits with the jungle theme. And Hope is... Basically my favourite soundtrack from shadow 😅

But to be honest, If junkie XL decided to make soundtrack for next game with couple of tracks like return to croft manor, the devil's sea, let yamatai have her, there's no time and becoming the tomb raider... I'm like .. okay 😅

Peter's soundtrack is one of my favourite, if not the most favourite, especially with aod, that's basically my favourite theme from all games.

Nathan's soundtrack is... Masterpiece.

Bobby did a pretty decent job. I love rottr soundtrack, because it sounds so... Majestic. And it totally fits with the title - Rise. And if I could hear more from his work... I think he might be good choice too.

Pixel they did phenomenally job with lcgo. And i would love to hear what they are capable of with orchestra perhaps.

LAU composers... Let's be honest here. For a game that have 7 or 8 levels make soundtrack that is 4 hours long.. like good job boys.
Really.
NickieLeeCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 06:11   #45
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
The OST for Shadow is fantastic. I can tell a lot of love was really put into it. I'd be happy with the same composer, or go full orchestra like AOD. The OST for AOD will always remain my favourite in the series, with Shadow second. TR4/TR5 after that. The key for me is also the ambient sounds and the subtle music that creates atmosphere, with the epic scores that only come in to play during combat. I like music that gives character to the game, and can oozes atmosphere. Shadow's did that perfectly.
That's why I'm so glad I had this idea to mention something similar about this.
Old 05-07-19, 13:31   #46
Portugalraider
Professor

I'm listening to the OST of RotTR while working and I think I found out why it might feel a bit too bland: they all have the same rhythm, the same instrumentation, the same melodies, the same overall feel. And while each individual track is really good, and this helps in having some sort of "musical consistency", it also makes everything sound too same-y, and because of it, nothing stands out.

Which is a shame, on their own they are genuinely good tracks, but putting them all together and all starts to blend too much with each other. It is a soundtrack that definitely needed more experimentation with instruments and rhythms, because the melodies are quite nice.
Old 05-07-19, 14:50   #47
veigafd
Archaeologist

Well, one thing I miss the most in TR games are melodies made just for tombs. Anniversary did that greatly.
But If I could recall Reboot songs I swear there is just ambience songs,not music per se. Just lots of drums and scratchy violin chords
Old 05-07-19, 21:55   #48
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I'm listening to the OST of RotTR while working and I think I found out why it might feel a bit too bland: they all have the same rhythm, the same instrumentation, the same melodies, the same overall feel. And while each individual track is really good, and this helps in having some sort of "musical consistency", it also makes everything sound too same-y, and because of it, nothing stands out.

Which is a shame, on their own they are genuinely good tracks, but putting them all together and all starts to blend too much with each other. It is a soundtrack that definitely needed more experimentation with instruments and rhythms, because the melodies are quite nice.
I've actually really loved the music in the reboot era and this is one of the things I've noticed as well. The lack of variety and a clear melody makes people think the tracks suck but that's not really the case IMO.

I also think that the tracks blend a bit too well in the environment (which is kinda my problem with RE2 remake's ost as well) so it's easy to pass unnoticed.

Also, I think most of us need to realize that it is much easier to remember music when it comes around a only a handful of times per level and the BG audio isn't instrumental. So obviously the tracks in the classics will stand out more in comparison to the reboot.
Old 06-07-19, 06:38   #49
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

I certainly am expecting for the soundtracks to sound very similar to Aleksandar Dimitrijevic's & Peter Connelly's AOD soundtracks for the next Tomb Raider game because I'm absolutely more of a darkest Tomb Raider fan myself for sure on that with no doubt for that to happen!! PLUS Aleksandar Dimitrijevic REALLY DESERVED to be kept as the soundtrack composer for TR9 to begin with because that's the kind of inspiration I certainly was expecting for the reboot Tomb Raider series to sound like ever since they started to pick that pick this inspiration UP for TR9 to begin with. I really want for that to happen like as for Peter Connelly's soundtracks that he composed for AOD, doesn't really deserve to get left out into its own perspective for this video game franchise especially!!
Old 06-07-19, 06:44   #50
TR1249
Archaeologist

Beyoncé