www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 08-07-19, 11:04   #41
jackoimina
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutUpReyes View Post
Soft reboot. Timeskip 5 - 10 years from Shadow. No family drama, no Lara doubting herself, have globe-trotting, Lara's been hitting the gym and is acrobatic again, she's gotten good with dual pistols and basically just make something more like a classic TR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Another reboot after only 3 games will make this franchise look like a joke. Sure, let's just reboot every 3 games.
Agreed with both.

I would leave TR to rest for 5 years now and return with the new game that has a timejump of 5-6 years after Shadow's events. Have a lot of things changed, Lara living in the fully restored Manor now, Winston there, maybe someone else there paying rent haha a collaborator like zip and alister or a friend in need of a place to stay idk. She is much more confident and much less serious now, independent, more capable and less reliant on other people, more focused on her own goals. She is no longer in contact with Jonah, we learn the reason for that if needed. I personally like Jonah a lot but I admit that his character development coming in Shadow WAS a bit too little too late no matter how nice it was to finally see it happen. Many players don't care about him at all so he should go. And ofc LC is now free of family drama, if parents and Croft legacy is mentioned it should be in manor only or during game just in passing like when Lara and Jonah briefly talked about Roth in Shadow. There also could be something she did in those 5 years that has an impact on the story now, if this is the case: NO cutscenes flashbacks please, make it fully playable like Shadow's flashback with young Lara.
Old 08-07-19, 11:46   #42
Dennis's Mom

Tomb Raider is hopelessly diluted into meaninglessness. Why not do a TR2 remake?

Technology has advanced to make Venice more interesting. Write an actual story for the game, rather than some mystery scenario. Use TReboot's combat and stealth to make Venice and Offshore Rig really fun, i.e., don't throw ridiculous amounts of mercs at Lara. (Let's face it: even TR2 overuses combat!) Can you imagine how creepy the Maria Doria could be? Snowmachining in snow that doesn't have right angles in it? Keep TRU Lara's acrobatics to make platforming fun again. Dragon fight, anyone? Floating Islands in PS4 graphics?
Old 08-07-19, 12:33   #43
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
A) I strongly doubt this would happen

B) If it were to happen I wouldn't be surprised if we get games similar to the LAU ones just with the reboot cinematography and style.
+ 1
Old 08-07-19, 13:03   #44
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Tomb Raider is hopelessly diluted into meaninglessness. Why not do a TR2 remake?

Technology has advanced to make Venice more interesting. Write an actual story for the game, rather than some mystery scenario. Use TReboot's combat and stealth to make Venice and Offshore Rig really fun, i.e., don't throw ridiculous amounts of mercs at Lara. (Let's face it: even TR2 overuses combat!) Can you imagine how creepy the Maria Doria could be? Snowmachining in snow that doesn't have right angles in it? Keep TRU Lara's acrobatics to make platforming fun again. Dragon fight, anyone? Floating Islands in PS4 graphics?
That sounds nice. Although, I still want a faithful remake of the first three games, so if I had to choose, Id choose that probably.
Old 08-07-19, 13:34   #45
Red Master FFX
Historian

I prefer The last revelation/Legend/Rise crossover.
Just make a game with the best from the above Thank you, Square!
Old 08-07-19, 18:42   #46
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post

Exactly, even if they don't completely remake the older games, why don't they use some of the old stuff and modernise it?

The old games are full of inventive things that could be amazing with today's graphics, storytelling, and even bits of the new gameplay. I keep saying this but well, why do we keep running around in the fields and caves, let's do some other things and see amazing places.