Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 22-06-19, 20:55   #1
HecticBartoli

Default XBox One without internet?

Hi everyone, I知 thinking about buying XBox One very soon after July as I知 saving up money and I知 completely done with PlayStation 4 to be honest.
This are a couple of questions I wanna ask as I want to get the right picture, Does XBox One require internet to be used at all times? Can I play Original XBox & XBox 360 games on disc without downloading? Feel free to let me know.
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 00:17   #2
Kirishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticBartoli View Post
Hi everyone, I’m thinking about buying XBox One very soon after July as I’m saving up money and I’m completely done with PlayStation 4 to be honest.
This are a couple of questions I wanna ask as I want to get the right picture, Does XBox One require internet to be used at all times? Can I play Original XBox & XBox 360 games on disc without downloading? Feel free to let me know.
I can't answer the internet thing, but IIRC for backwards compatibility you need to download them.

This is just from what I remember reading since I don't have the console myself. If you own the discs, then it will be similar to installing the game on the harddrive with the 360 where as instead of copying the disc onto the drive, it will just be downloaded. You'd still need the disc for disc check purposes.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 07:49   #3
_Alex_

I don't know about the discs part but the Xbox One doesn't require an active internet connection to function, you only need an internet connection for updates, downloading games/apps and a few games that use cloud saves. Other than that you can use it without an internet connection.

You can download a bunch of Xbox 360 games and there are only a few Original Xbox games that are available to download.

I would still connect to the internet at least one a month or so if you play games with a lot of achievements because then you'll get a notification that the cache is full and it'll affect achievements.

Last edited by _Alex_; 23-06-19 at 07:59.
_Alex_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 12:03   #4
HecticBartoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I can't answer the internet thing, but IIRC for backwards compatibility you need to download them.

This is just from what I remember reading since I don't have the console myself. If you own the discs, then it will be similar to installing the game on the harddrive with the 360 where as instead of copying the disc onto the drive, it will just be downloaded. You'd still need the disc for disc check purposes.
I can get confused easily with how XBox One works, which is why I made the topic to ask for help, and your reply is understandable.
Old 25-06-19, 12:14   #5
HecticBartoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Alex_ View Post
I don't know about the discs part but the Xbox One doesn't require an active internet connection to function, you only need an internet connection for updates, downloading games/apps and a few games that use cloud saves. Other than that you can use it without an internet connection.

You can download a bunch of Xbox 360 games and there are only a few Original Xbox games that are available to download.

I would still connect to the internet at least one a month or so if you play games with a lot of achievements because then you'll get a notification that the cache is full and it'll affect achievements.
I don稚 think I値l go wrong with XBox One now that your reply is something I could and should trust as of now so thanks for that, I think I should stay online even though it痴 not compulsory, after the XBox One is finished getting set up and ready to go. I知 planning to buy it in August but I知 happy to make a topic.
Old 29-06-19, 06:31   #6
HecticBartoli

I知 officially going to stay connected online with XBox One after I bought it and set it up.