www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-02-21, 21:40   #35311
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

^Since when? I don't remember her being responsible for that

I'm currently replaying RE2 and god, as much as I love this game, I think it really needs Jill's dodge mechanic from RE3. I find there's too many instances in this game where enemy attacks are incredibly difficult (nigh-on impossible actually) to dodge once they start the animation. Not least because so many of them seem to magically rotate on the spot, as if to "lock-on" their attack onto you.

I can't put into words how much I HATE the second Birkin boss fight. The one where you have to slam the container into him. That bit is the absolute low-point of the game to me, it's irritating as ****. The amount of times I've pressed that button to call the container back over, then because of how ****ing stupidly long it actually takes to come back, I have to lure him over to where it is, then he does that ****ing grab move so I'm locked in with him and it's instant death. Bye.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 22-02-21 at 21:49.
Yeauxleaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 22:44   #35312
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

You're supposed to shoot him until he's stunned, then activate the crane. Use a flashbang if he gets up too fast.
Uzi master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 00:19   #35313
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
She's more like Ada Wong than Jill Valentine.
I can actually see a bit of both to be honest. Wish they would have used that dress in place of what was in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Lara Croft meets Lady Dimitrescu

We all no Lara would win. Though I'm a little afraid to ask why Lady Dimitrescu is popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post

I can't put into words how much I HATE the second Birkin boss fight. The one where you have to slam the container into him. That bit is the absolute low-point of the game to me, it's irritating as ****. The amount of times I've pressed that button to call the container back over, then because of how ****ing stupidly long it actually takes to come back, I have to lure him over to where it is, then he does that ****ing grab move so I'm locked in with him and it's instant death. Bye.
That was a not good boss fight. It felt like it was a form of gimmicky padding. The way they did the villains wrong in the remake should have been a warning sign.
Old 23-02-21, 01:09   #35314
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I just need a dodge and it would be so much better.

How it feels when playing RE2make and you get critical headshots on 5 zombies in a row (actually happened to me earlier)

Ada is the best thing about this remake btw and she should have had her own full level/mini-campaign, not just a 10 minute segment of Leon's.

She always steals the show and looks fabulous doing it. A queen.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 23-02-21 at 01:14.
Old 23-02-21, 02:02   #35315
robm_2007
Legend

All of this Excella heresy deserves multiple doses of Oroborous.

Without Excella, there is no Tricell, there is no Wesker in Africa, and this, no Jill subplot/etc, there is no RE5. Although, I know plenty who wouldn't mind that.

If you think Excella looks overly sexual and out of place, and yet say nothing about Big Titty Goth Mommy... Although are we forgetting this is RE? Excella is rather tame in terms of camp factor for the series.

But yes, her boss battle is crap.
Old 23-02-21, 02:27   #35316
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
If you think Excella looks overly sexual and out of place, and yet say nothing about Big Titty Goth Mommy.
my only problem with Excella in game is the ugly dress. Other than that I don't really mind her.
Old 23-02-21, 02:27   #35317
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:

Without Excella, there is no Tricell, there is no Wesker in Africa, and this, no Jill subplot/etc, there is no RE5.
The more I read the better it got. I'm not seeing your point here.
Old 23-02-21, 06:01   #35318
noonbob
Professor

Quote:

Without Excella, there is no Tricell, there is no Wesker in Africa, and this, no Jill subplot/etc, there is no RE5. Although, I know plenty who wouldn't mind that.

If you think Excella looks overly sexual and out of place, and yet say nothing about Big Titty Goth Mommy... Although are we forgetting this is RE? Excella is rather tame in terms of camp factor for the series.

But yes, her boss battle is crap.
Yes! Thank you for saying it.

All this Excella hate like wth
...and yes her transformation and boss battle was ****. She deserved better.

Although I guess the reason her body rejected the uroboros right away was kinda ironic.
With her going around experimenting on civilians and when they rejected the virus she was like "looks like he wasn't worthy, only the chosen ones are fit for the coming new world".
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 11:43   #35319
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Maybe uroboros rejected her because it wasn't compatible with all the silicone in her body

I don't really mind her sexy glamourous design either though tbh. Like robm said, RE has always been campy. She's not a protagonist either, she spends most of the game quite stationary and doesn't need to dress more practically.
Old 23-02-21, 14:17   #35320
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I saw it on the Resident Evil Facebook page last night a post that said graphics, game mechanics, and Jill's iconic Samurai Edge - Under the Umbrella dives in to what makes Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Resident Evil 3 stand out.

I can answer that in one sentence about the RE3MAKE, everything from the original RE3 that was cut from the RE3MAKE and the unnecessary inclusion of multiplayer that no-one wanted or asked for.

I couldn't find the specific Facebook as a Google search came back with too many Resident Evil Facebook pages and I couldn't be bothered going through all of them.

Luckily I took a picture of the web address included in the post.

HTTPS://game.capcom.com/residentevil...html?ref=fb_re

Hopefully that web address will appear as a link if not copy and paste and see what happens, sometimes when I type a web address instead of copying and pasting which wasn't an option this time it doesn't become active for some reason.

it worked I thought it wouldn't.

One person replied to the post saying it was a fun game but was missing swathes of iconic content from the original game, The Clock Tower, Raccoon City shops, The Park, The Grave Digger and Mercenaries mode, all critically important parts of the game. If RE4 absolutely has to be remade (which I personally think is a bad idea) I hope it's more faithful to the original than this was.

Another person replied I really hope they make a Turbo Champion Hyper Remix Raccoon Edition of this with the cut sections included and tweaks to Nemesis etc and such to make it closer to RE2make. Would buy that for sure.

Another person replied good game for sure. Just a little short and missing a few things, not mad at the direction it went because change can be good sometimes. Felt more like a DLC than anything tho.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 23-02-21 at 15:09.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote