www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 05-06-21, 23:54   #36211
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
I tend not to use any of those guns myself as I prefer other handguns to the Punisher, I don't like the Rifles because of how much space they take up and I tend not to use shotguns either. I normally have a handgun (Red9), the TMP and a magnum (Broken Butterfly). I like to have room in the inventory for grenades, healing items and stuff like that.
The Punisher is good when you don't wish to waste shotgun ammo on the guys with the shields. Not only will it break the shield but you still do damage to them.

The riffles do take up room but the are great for long shots. You can thin out the enemy quickly with practice. The will make some segments easier to do. Like the lift section to get to the chief boss fight.

Shotguns are good for groups and staggering enemies too. They are effective most of the time.

I always carry a magnum and healing items. Along with a few grenades. The TMP I find to be okay. Good for high rate of fire but is weak. When I do carry it is only because I can use it's ammo.
Old 06-06-21, 00:00   #36212
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

The Gamecube version has an amusing exploit; if you don't carry a shotgun or tmp, you can get loads of rifle and magnum ammo. That version only gives ammo drops if your total ammo count is below 150 'points' but only handgun, shotgun and tmp ammo count towards the total. Rifle and magnum rounds will only drop if you have less than that much ammo, but don't count towards the limit.

Handgun ammo drops whether you have one or not, but all other types only drop if you have the weapon in your inventory.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 00:07   #36213
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
The Punisher is good when you don't wish to waste shotgun ammo on the guys with the shields. Not only will it break the shield but you still do damage to them.

The riffles do take up room but the are great for long shots. You can thin out the enemy quickly with practice. The will make some segments easier to do. Like the lift section to get to the chief boss fight.

Shotguns are good for groups and staggering enemies too. They are effective most of the time.

I always carry a magnum and healing items. Along with a few grenades. The TMP I find to be okay. Good for high rate of fire but is weak. When I do carry it is only because I can use it's ammo.
I have an obsession with always needing to complete RE4 with a 100% hit ratio. Because of this I don't use the shotgun as it's easy to lose hit ratio points when firing it. I think the shotgun has a blast radius and unless all of it strikes the enemies then your hit ratio goes down. I tend not to worry about shooting enemies from long-range as I instead just get close enough to shoot them with guns that aren't rifles.
Old 06-06-21, 04:10   #36214
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Prepare for some recent lawsuits related to RE

https://www.pcgamer.com/lawsuit-alle...pujrmPT_z2ek1o
Old 06-06-21, 14:27   #36215
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
Prepare for some recent lawsuits related to RE

https://www.pcgamer.com/lawsuit-alle...pujrmPT_z2ek1o
This sort of stuff is quite common in games, I think.
Old 08-06-21, 18:39   #36216
Mikky
Legend

So I got this game earlier than I expected and I've started playing it... The voice acting is SO bad. Why is no-one talking about this? You hear/see some bits of the game here and there and it doesn't sound that bad out of context, but playing the game now, Jesus. I shouldn't care that much as this is a RE game and they're not exactly known for their stories, but it's incredibly distracting. Ethan especially, commenting of every gust of wind that comes his way. He sounds like a bad anime dub from the 90s.

I just had to get that out there as I haven't seen anyone else mention it. The rest of the game is fine so far and I'm excited to get to the later parts
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 00:13   #36217
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ Honestly, I don't think it's bad at all apart from a few lines from Ethan. Though even in RE7 Ethan's VA wasn't that great so it's no surprise. Still, everyone else is pretty good, especially Alcina and her daughters.
Old 09-06-21, 08:09   #36218
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
So I got this game earlier than I expected and I've started playing it... The voice acting is SO bad. Why is no-one talking about this? You hear/see some bits of the game here and there and it doesn't sound that bad out of context, but playing the game now, Jesus. I shouldn't care that much as this is a RE game and they're not exactly known for their stories, but it's incredibly distracting. Ethan especially, commenting of every gust of wind that comes his way. He sounds like a bad anime dub from the 90s.

I just had to get that out there as I haven't seen anyone else mention it. The rest of the game is fine so far and I'm excited to get to the later parts
I liked the voice acting to be honest, especially Alcina D. and The Duke
Maybe Ethan is not the best, but I'm glad they had the same voice actor form RE7, I prefer that over a new voice for him even if he would have been an amazing actor...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 12:18   #36219
xdesperado_
Explorer

I recently watched the 2002 live action movie for the first time in several years, and I think it still holds up decently well. All of the movies that followed are terrible though.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 13:02   #36220
dg1995
Archaeologist

Best RE Village review.

Short and sufficiant. Who needs IGN or Angry Joe reviews anymore ?
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote