Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 11-08-20, 17:18   #101
puristic jink
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
It was but greedy Eidos couldn't stop seeing those dollar signs. They wanted to hoover up the cash like a game of hungry, hungry hippos. The biggest irony is it was the worst selling and impacted on AOD probably losing them money for that too. Then they did the exact same thing for TRA and TRU.

What is it with TRF and Britney is it a requirement of signing up that you have to be obessed with her or something?

Last edited by puristic jink; 24-08-20 at 02:48.
puristic jink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-20, 01:58   #102
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
Something Chronicles really hit home was showing Lara's relationships more dynamically. It wasn't just the butler making grunts or the villain stealing the artifact. You had Charles Kane who cared about Lara and assisted her in discovering the spear of destiny, Father Patrick who (although mediocre) played a role in protecting Lara, Winston who finally got a voice, Zip being hired to help Lara infiltrate VCI... You see these characters interact or talk about each other, and it felt more real. The game is also criticized for its plot format. I honestly enjoyed the short but sweet sections. Each felt complete and satisfying to me.
This is true. In a way it's a shame Chronicles came at a time of maximum audience and developer fatigue because it arguably showed Lara at her most developed socially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puristic jink View Post
What is it with TRF and Britney is it a requirement of signing up that you have to bee obessed with her or something?
Well, you're here so you answered your own question.

Show me another artist that has an album called 'oops I did it again' that I can use in the context of my post and I'd have used it. It was fitting and came to mind.It's got nothing to do with being 'obsessed'.

Last edited by jajay119; 14-08-20 at 02:02.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-20, 15:41   #103
puristic jink
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
This is true. In a way it's a shame Chronicles came at a time of maximum audience and developer fatigue because it arguably showed Lara at her most developed socially.

Well, you're here so you answered your own question.

Show me another artist that has an album called 'oops I did it again' that I can use in the context of my post and I'd have used it. It was fitting and came to mind.It's got nothing to do with being 'obsessed'.
Don't take it to heart I know thats part of the culture on TRF I was kind of joking not fully serious i dont have a problem with it lmao.
Old 14-08-20, 23:10   #104
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
What is it with TRF and Britney is it a requirement of signing up that you have to bee obessed with her or something?
Yes because if you don't love Britney...

Also I agree on Lara's character development for the game, it was great, Classic Lara at her best and voiced by the wonderful Jonell. I love the self-contained adventures too.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 14-08-20 at 23:11.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-20, 11:07   #105
MargotCroft88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
NONE of the classics runs at 60 fps on any platform. All at 30fps (or 25fps for TR1 PSX PAL version - don't know about Saturn)
However TR5 does use floating points instead of integers for 3D coordinates, so it results in a smoother feeling (points don't snap to the closest full number).

Here's a comparison video:

TR4 vs TR5: Integers vs Floating points

You can see how Lara moves smoothly in TR5, but in TR4 it's more jerky. You can even see her butt "going in and out" as she breathes.
This also applied to cameras and everything that has coordinates.
Intresting, I never noticed that.
MargotCroft88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 20:33   #106
puristic jink
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Yes because if you don't love Britney...

Also I agree on Lara's character development for the game, it was great, Classic Lara at her best and voiced by the wonderful Jonell. I love the self-contained adventures too.
I preferred her ealier work was never a fan though.
Old 27-08-20, 20:38   #107
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
What is it with TRF and Britney is it a requirement of signing up that you have to be obessed with her or something?
This didn't age well. Obsession is a pretty common thing here.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-20, 09:47   #108
Maverin

Quote:
I preferred her ealier work was never a fan though.
Same. I enjoy her older classics on the radio now and then but otherwise I don't really like her work that much. Way too pop'ish and generic.

Also the whole sexual theme and 'innocent girl went naughty' just doesn't cut it anymore. Not to mention her weird behavior the last decade or so.
It's obvious that the peak of her carrière is long gone. At least she still has a strong fanbase supporting her.

Anyway, this is off topic and we have a thread dedicated to her here: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=112034 should we continue this discussion.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-20, 14:53   #109
lance6439

Why does Lara look so tired when she puts on the submarine outfit/machine thing lmao
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-20, 21:33   #110
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Why does Lara look so tired when she puts on the submarine outfit/machine thing lmao
She hasnt closed her eyes for 5 games straight, the time we didnt see her whilst she put on her costume she got to close her eyes for the first time
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote