Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-06-19, 18:29   #6781
Johnnay

PS4 controller will be supported through a future update of TVOS (Apple TV)

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/03...oller-support/
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 22:32   #6782
redfox45

What are people's general thoughts on PS Now? Being able to play PS3 games is such a fantastic idea but why is the concept of even kind of owning a game you want by simply buying a digital download not even something they considered?
The og PS3 with its physical (but limited) backwards comparability feels a far cry from where we are now.

Also doesn't streaming a game to your console make it run worse?
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 22:35   #6783
Athukraz

^ don't get it. Runs terrible on perfectly fine network connection, constant disconnecting, lots of lag and delays and unresponsive controls. It's cheaper to buy a ps3 and ps3 games and they look and run better there.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 01:26   #6784
redfox45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
^ don't get it. Runs terrible on perfectly fine network connection, constant disconnecting, lots of lag and delays and unresponsive controls. It's cheaper to buy a ps3 and ps3 games and they look and run better there.
I figured as much, but thanks for the heads up.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 14:56   #6785
Quebsenuef

As a huge Sony fan, when it comes to anything PlayStation + digital I would be highly suspicious if it actually worked as intended.

The PSN store on PS3 was one of the slowest things ever. Downloading an update on PS3 took ages. They never got it worked out. PS4 is thankfully better but when I heard about PS Now I thought “oh no, you’re not gonna fool me again”

Love ya, PlayStation, but you have areas to improve still. Digital stuff is one of them.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 22:49   #6786
Johnnay

iOS 13 ( and iPadOS 13)now supports PS4 controllers

https://bgr.com/2019/06/04/ios-13-ps...r-support/amp/
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 05:15   #6787
AntRaidsTombs

I still want to know how Cuphead is coming out everywhere except PS4 lol.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 12:23   #6788
DragonSlayer

It seems that PS4 owners are only just now discovering that they can see what a hidden trophy is even though the ability to see what a hidden trophy is was added back in 2016 with update 4.0.

For anyone that doesn't know how to see a hidden trophy go into any trophy list and find a hidden trophy press X to go into the hidden trophy then press square to reveal what the hidden trophy is.

I myself didn't know about it until a couple of days ago maybe if each PS4 update didn't have the generic message improves system performance and security we would have known about it back when this feature became available.

Sony have clearly learned nothing about communicating with PlayStation owners, it's hard to forget the 21 or more days silence from Sony during the PSN hack where there was nothing but silence from Sony, IIRC when they bothered to say anything about the PSN hack it was the same thing over and over again we don't know what's going on.

Didn't update info on the PS3 go into more detail as to what exactly was in an update, it's been so long since I downloaded an update for PS3 that I can't remember.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 14:16   #6789
Blackmoor

I only learnt about this recently too, I forget where.

Mostly I like to get the trophies without knowing what they are (especially on 1st plays) but this is very useful to know if you're looking to get the platinium on replays.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 07:15   #6790
Dingaling
Golden

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I myself didn't know about it until a couple of days ago maybe if each PS4 update didn't have the generic message improves system performance and security we would have known about it back when this feature became available.
For significant updates to the PlayStation 4 software (generally x.0 and x.5) Sony detail the changes in the official PlayStation blogs and most major gaming websites also run articles about the update with the changes. When downloading the update as well there is the option to view what has changed which brings up a browser page that shows the change log.
Dingaling is offline   Reply With Quote