Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 07-07-11, 15:23   #1
TheRCroft

Default Prince of Persia (Series)

SERIES
Prince of Persia is a videogame franchise created by Jordan Mechner and developed/published by different companies over the times, such as Brøderbund, who developed the first two games and later, Ubisoft, since Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time. PoP was also developed by Red Orb, Pipeworks and Gameloft and published by TLC, Mattel and SCEJ. The franchise has evolved from 2D platform in the first game to the 3D action-platform, in the last installments. Apart from the main games and its various expansions and platform-exclusive releases, the franchise includes many mobile games, a graphic novel, a one-shot comic book and a film adaptation. The success of the game is proven by many aspects, being one of the most relevant the 6 Guiness World Records this franchise holds, including "First Motion-Capture Animation in a Video Game" and "Highest Rated Platformer on PS2 and Xbox".

MAIN SERIES

OTHER GAMES/EXPANSIONS

MOVIE(S)

Last edited by TheRCroft; 20-02-12 at 00:58.
TheRCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 15:28   #2
lcroft_lc

This is one of my favorite series. Finished every game except The Forgotten Sands. Playing it currently & hope to finish it within 2 days. Now at The Baths level.

I loved The Two Thrones most.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 15:32   #3
TheRCroft

I don't like The Forgotten Sands. It had everything to be a great game IMO, but there are these bugs that just drive me mad >.<

However, I loved The Warrior Within, it's my favourite game of the series and one of my favourite games ever, it's just amazing. I haven't played The Two Thrones yet, unfortunately :/
Old 07-07-11, 15:39   #4
Snazabaz

Awesome thread . I've always loved the Prince of Persia games!

For me, The Sands of Time is by far my favourite. Sure, the combat is like, super repetitive but I love the story and the chemistry between The Prince and Farah
Snazabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 15:54   #5
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRCroft View Post
I don't like The Forgotten Sands. It had everything to be a great game IMO, but there are these bugs that just drive me mad >.<

However, I loved The Warrior Within, it's my favourite game of the series and one of my favourite games ever, it's just amazing. I haven't played The Two Thrones yet, unfortunately :/
I liked Warrior Within too. The boss Dahaka is one of my favorites & fiery too. Going past & present system is good puzzle too.

But I liked Two Thrones more. Boss fights, combos, moves everything is great. And driving the carriage/wagon is another good option, though its only in one mission.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 15:59   #6
TheRCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazabaz View Post
Awesome thread . I've always loved the Prince of Persia games!

For me, The Sands of Time is by far my favourite. Sure, the combat is like, super repetitive but I love the story and the chemistry between The Prince and Farah
The Sands of Time is definitely the next game I'm gonna play. When I was making the OP, I've seen some gameplay videos and it looks rather good and interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
I liked Warrior Within too. The boss Dahaka is one of my favorites & fiery too. Going past & present system is good puzzle too.

But I liked Two Thrones more. Boss fights, combos, moves everything is great. And driving the carriage/wagon is another good option, though its only in one mission.
The Dahaka still scares me a bit I remember that I was going through corridors always afraid that he was going to show up at any second And yes, I love the Past and Present system too!

Well, a friend of mine lent the game once to me but it didn't work on Windows 7, I'd love to try it out :/
Old 07-07-11, 16:00   #7
Linoshi Croft

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 26-03-14 at 19:44.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 16:00   #8
TRexbait

I've only played The Sands of Time. All the other ones are M. And the "Sexual Content" on the ESRB rating makes my parents not want to let me buy it.
TRexbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 16:03   #9
TheRCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
This thread is sexy and it was started by sexiness

Warrior Within is the best Prince of Persia. Seriously. That is all
Aww xD

Yes. That is totally true, at least IMO. And the soundtrack, oh the soundtrack <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRexbait View Post
I've only played The Sands of Time. All the other ones are M. And the "Sexual Content" on the ESRB rating makes my parents not want to let me buy it.
I really don't know when you're serious or when you're joking. But really? Oh, that sucks :/
Old 07-07-11, 16:06   #10
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRCroft View Post
Aww xD

Yes. That is totally true, at least IMO. And the soundtrack, oh the soundtrack <3
Oh the soundtrack, is amazing <3
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote