www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 14-02-19, 03:28   #11
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Thanks for that, Chi!

You’re the best!!
Old 14-02-19, 15:52   #12
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Thanks

Because I emptied these rooms of water to make the above video, it let me look at the submarine attack in detail. In the water room 106 where the pickup trigger is in, it flips over to water room 104 when the item is picked up (triggered). This allows the barrier door to be removed behind Lara.

Maybe this flipping of rooms along with submarine movement, is part of the cause of the hilarious death effects of Lara by the submarine. Maybe not
Old 14-02-19, 19:26   #13
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
I wonder if they switch around a certain death animation when a train is involved in a level but forgot to include it in this one, i'm not totally sure.

This is pretty interesting to look up so I checked the level files of my TRTLA game in Wad Merger of Shakespeare Cliff's train and Sleeping with the Fishes' submarine and they are indeed in the same type of slot named DRIVING_OBJECT:

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 14-02-19 at 19:28.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 04:47   #14
Girafarig32
Professor

That's really neat! It seems the designers took advantage of many of the established objects/animations and simply replaced them with a new mesh. We see this sort of thing a lot in TRLA, i.e. the nessie, car, and the hot air balloon. I wonder what else is hiding in this game.

I also have wondered why such bizarre sounds play when you remove the water. I'm guessing it has to do with the floor not being assigned a step sfx since the designers didn't think anyone would be trotting around in the cavers like that.
Old 15-02-19, 06:38   #15
Kirishima
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
I also have wondered why such bizarre sounds play when you remove the water. I'm guessing it has to do with the floor not being assigned a step sfx since the designers didn't think anyone would be trotting around in the cavers like that.
I doubt it has anything to do with the water removed. I've seen a couple videos where the sound was mixed up just like in chi's. The one I know off the back of my head but has long been blocked on youtube because of a music copyright, so I can't really post it as an example. I have no idea the cause, but my guess would be either using a mis-matched sfx archive or exe.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 09:38   #16
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I doubt it (weird sounds) has anything to do with the water removed..
Correct. its to do with fexinspect and fegmerger TR tools, as they can mess up the sounds or not transfer the correct sounds for the game.

It does not bother me at all, as I just do youtube videos and can correct sounds that way by modifying the sound track to suit, but for those using these TR tools to make a playable custom level, then they have to sort out sounds that have got messed up in the game.

I was just to lazy to take these sounds out of this particular video. My bad
Old 18-02-19, 00:49   #17
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

I used to kill Lara so many times here
It's always gonna be funny. Oh I miss those days