www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 16-11-18, 09:14   #1
mrbb
Hobbyist

Default TR3LA Pad Help.

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for letting me join this wonderful place. It's a real privilege to be amongst other TR fans.

My problem is this, I play all the classic TR games on PC using an Xbox controller coupled with Xpadder. I've just managed to acquire a copy (legit) of TR3LA and for some odd reason (despite them working on TR3) the game won't respond to anything other than the directional buttons. I've racked my brain, used google and come up with nothing. Can anybody help? I'm running a 64 bit copy of windows 10...

Thanks in advance!
mrbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 16:41   #2
laravision
Archaeologist

I've only ever used the keyboard for classic TR's on PC, so I'm not aware of how controller mapping software can vary between the games.

Seeing as how you mentioned that it recognizes your controls for TR3, you could try copying your TR3 config.txt file and pasting it into your Lost Artifact folder if you haven't already.
Old 20-11-18, 15:09   #3
Peixoto
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for letting me join this wonderful place. It's a real privilege to be amongst other TR fans.

My problem is this, I play all the classic TR games on PC using an Xbox controller coupled with Xpadder. I've just managed to acquire a copy (legit) of TR3LA and for some odd reason (despite them working on TR3) the game won't respond to anything other than the directional buttons. I've racked my brain, used google and come up with nothing. Can anybody help? I'm running a 64 bit copy of windows 10...

Thanks in advance!
If you're using any compatibility mode on TR3, use the same o Xpadder and vice-versa. You can also try my patch: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php...3121&start=440
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-18, 12:54   #4
mrbb
Hobbyist

Hi, sorry for late reply have been very busy of late.

While both ideas are brilliant (and worked because I tried them for safe measure!) I discovered my issue was not with my controller at all. For some VERY odd reason, because I was running dual monitors TRLA would appear on my main screen while, Xpadder would be thrown over to the other one. For some unknown reason, this caused Xpadder to stop working!

I finally realise why many hate Win 10!

Once again, thank you so much for replying!
mrbb is offline   Reply With Quote