www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 07-11-18, 21:25   #13121
ZeeBuilder
Hobbyist

In short:
Should all be possible technically, but it does require more extensive knowledge of the editor and the add-on programs for editing animations and meshes and such.

Thanks titak

I still might attempt it, Just as long as it's possible...

Last edited by ZeeBuilder; 07-11-18 at 21:27.
ZeeBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 00:11   #13122
MarlenaCrystal
Hobbyist

Hello everyone

I try to use the keypad in my level, but it is not working.
I just wanted to test it to use it later in the level and encountered a problem - if I press it, Lara's moves are freezed, but there is no keypad showing on the screen, so I can't press any buttons (Pause and Esc won't work, too, but the game itself is not freezed) and I have to close the game via task-manager.

Test wise I tried to change the animation with the Keypad script, cause I thought, that this might be the problem since I use custom animations for the push button, but that was not the problem. She performed the changed animation and then the freezing begins.
It seems like it is in keypad mode, but I don't see any keypad and there are no reactions if I press any buttons. ://

The code I chose is the simple "1234" setup with the OCB code of 17618.
My TRNG Version is "1.3.0.7".

The keypad I use is the switch from the TRNG demo project with the elevator and the detectors.
Did I miss any update or do I overlook something?

Last edited by MarlenaCrystal; 10-11-18 at 00:13.
MarlenaCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 09:37   #13123
Joey79100
Professor

I've never used the keypad myself, but if I remember correctly, TRNG's on-screen keypad isn't a 3D one like in TR5, is it?
If it's not and it's using pictures instead, it might be a display problem, because TRNG will have the screen freeze if it displays pictures in fullscreen while having anti-aliasing forced on tomb4 (that's why some people need to remove the PIX folder to play some levels correctly, otherwise they can't see their save/load pages). The game still works and the display will resume when the images aren't showing anymore when this happens.
So my suggestion is to try to see if it works when playing in windowed mode. In that case, you'd need to turn off anti-aliasing on you GPU's configuration panel for tomb4.
Old 10-11-18, 11:15   #13124
MarlenaCrystal
Hobbyist

Thanks for your reply.
There was no speak about images in the tutorial from TRF and in the demo project from the TRNG website, so I suppose I don't have to use any pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
So my suggestion is to try to see if it works when playing in windowed mode. In that case, you'd need to turn off anti-aliasing on you GPU's configuration panel for tomb4.
Very good idea, thank you.
I tried it now, but it is still not working in window mode, at least it was easier for me to close the game.

EDIT: It works now. I tried few different resolutions, but this was not the problem. I just deleted the switch and imported it again in the wad and then it worked on every resolution. I don't know, what it was. ://

Last edited by MarlenaCrystal; 10-11-18 at 12:04.
Old 11-11-18, 18:02   #13125
A_De
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I've never used the keypad myself, but if I remember correctly, TRNG's on-screen keypad isn't a 3D one like in TR5, is it?
The keypad on screen is definitely 3d, but for some reason it's height displayed stretched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlenaCrystal View Post
EDIT: It works now. I tried few different resolutions, but this was not the problem. I just deleted the switch and imported it again in the wad and then it worked on every resolution. I don't know, what it was. ://
I once had issue you described in Titak's MoA: First Clues game. This bug appeared on one computer, but on other it didn't. No idea what it caused by, I guess it has something to do with graphic card or some other PC configuration
Old 12-11-18, 00:11   #13126
MarlenaCrystal
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
No idea what it caused by, I guess it has something to do with graphic card or some other PC configuration
Strangely enough I tried a few resolutions and window mode, but it was still not working until I deleted the switch in the wad and imported it again.. and then it worked on every resolution and also in fullscreen mode. Now it works everytime. I don't know either what it was. ://
Old 15-11-18, 22:41   #13127
sampiza
Historian

The Flipeffect 115 "Room. Set the <&>room as (E)type of room" doesn't work with flipped rooms? It shows on the index the flipped rooms and i put to fill the flipped room with water but when triggered in the game the room stays dry. :/
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 22:51   #13128
AkyV

Yes. You need to choose only a main room in the list. You also may try my plugin condition about room properties at the same time, to check if it is just the original or the flipped version of the room.
So:
"If main room is flipped then set water in the room having main room index."
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 19:31   #13129
LoreRaider
Explorer

@sampiza: make sure you haven't "jumped" an empty room on your list, because the flipeffect doesn't use the real (NGLE) room's index but the level room index.
For example, if you use room 6, and in NGLE you jump to the room 8, in the level that will be room 7, because in conversion phase all unused rooms are removed, instead if you use room 6 and use room 7, it will work fine
Old 16-11-18, 21:15   #13130
sampiza
Historian

Thx for the help but didn't worked, i managed to dark a lot the water room i just don't like the reflection of it.
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote