www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 12-02-17, 02:18   #271
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XProger View Post
I wanted to ask something like this but I was afraid of the answer.
It looks amazing. I hope you decide to make a functional 1st person optional mode.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 02:41   #272
jackraider
Archaeologist

Quote:
That is very cool! You should totally implement camera controls with mouse movement, including the ability to turn around (ex. American McGee's Alice). Honestly, with those type of controls will make TR feel more natural and fluid.
Old 12-02-17, 04:39   #273
Zebra
Legend

^Sounds interesting but personally, I'd like it if there was at least an option to keep the original controls if sth like that gets implemented .
Old 12-02-17, 05:02   #274
Nate
Historian

It seems that the local wildlife are more aquatic than we thought.

Old 12-02-17, 11:26   #275
Alex Fly
Legend

+1 for making first person optional if possible. This video is very convincing.
Old 12-02-17, 11:31   #276
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
^Sounds interesting but personally, I'd like it if there was at least an option to keep the original controls if sth like that gets implemented .
This.
For both the first person shooter and the mouse controls.
Old 12-02-17, 12:06   #277
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
That is very cool! You should totally implement camera controls with mouse movement, including the ability to turn around (ex. American McGee's Alice). Honestly, with those type of controls will make TR feel more natural and fluid.
Problem is Lara's turn speed is fixed, so I don't know how could it work.
Old 12-02-17, 12:45   #278
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Problem is Lara's turn speed is fixed, so I don't know how could it work.
You mean her turn while standing animation is fixed? Because when she's running (or walking) there isn't really a turning animation, or is there? Only her model bends over to the side a bit and is rotated, I can imagine that can be accelerated.
Since the engine is written from scratch I bet her turn animation can be accelerated, although there's the question of how would it look. Possibly it would make her wobble to the side funnily whenever moving the mouse left or right

Quote:
[youtube/]Vanew3gtFyM[/youtube]
Ah, this one. I always thought this is from a series of early builds that were scrapped and restarted, although admittedly it could be one that was actually kept and evolved into the engine as we know it today.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 12:51   #279
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
You mean her turn while standing animation is fixed? Because when she's running (or walking) there isn't really a turning animation, or is there? Only her model bends over to the side a bit and is rotated, I can imagine that can be accelerated.
Since the engine is written from scratch I bet her turn animation can be accelerated, although there's the question of how would it look. Possibly it would make her wobble to the side funnily whenever moving the mouse left or right

Ah, this one. I always thought this is from a series of early builds that were scrapped and restarted, although admittedly it could be one that was actually kept and evolved into the engine as we know it today.
I meant standing, but running is fixed too. The only problem would be that it isn't faithful to the originals, but that's on XProger to decide hahahahaha. I don't really have a problem on having certain alterations, specially if they are optional.

In fact, I would even love to have manual aiming like the newer games, as the combat has always been, IMO, the blind spot in the classics xD
Old 12-02-17, 12:59   #280
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I don't understand... Her turning speed is only fixed in the original engine. Elsewhere it can be adjusted and since this a new engine written from the ground up it's hardly a problem. There is no animation for her turning when she running, it's just her model getting rotated (which again, can be modified). When she's standing she does have this stepping from foot to foot animation, so this would look odd if it was just sped up, and if it wasn't sped up it wouldn't match her turning speed (which would now be controlled by the mouse speed, not the engine).

Still, it can be done this way: depending on the speed and acceleration of the mouse movement, increase the speed of Lara's foot-to-foot turning animation. This would be a very rough solution, since fast movement of the mouse would make this look hilarious.

The proper way would be to develop a whole system to animate her rapid turning around while standing, all with appropriate conditions for mouse movement speed and acceleration.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote