Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 13-07-20, 08:30   #3281
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 9.3/10 from me!
They're making a sequel. Do you think it needs one?
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-20, 17:52   #3282
Yuna´s Wish

Final Fantasy XIV, main game and its three expansions, including the last story patch.

10/10

Definitely one of my favourite FF games. I'd have never thought I'd enjoy it.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-20, 08:48   #3283
Lord Lulu

Just finished Red Alert Remastered.

It is a decent game. Being a remaster of a 25 year old game means that things are simple gameplay wise. But the updates and improvements make for a good experience. It can be fun mowing through a base with a large tank group.

As Red Alert Remastered is paired with Tiberian dawn in the Command and Conquer Remastered collection it is worth the price. It is good to see the roots of the Command and Conquer games. It's great for fans of the series.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 18:58   #3284
Nemo_91

Assassin's Creed 1

Repetitive as hell, but I still like it. The setting is interesting and Altair is a great character.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 19:26   #3285
TombRager

I have FINALLY completed Tomb Raider II.

I'll be honest, I expected a lot more from this game. The first time I ever played the full version in 2019 I really loved it, until I got to Opera House and gave up. Then I decided to give this one a shot again since I'm playing through the TR series and I think the game could have been better if it wasn't for the huge amount of enemies, the crate pushing puzzles and some dragged sections, like Maria Doria for example. IMO after Maria Doria, the game becomes much better and felt more fun to play. I think the game could have gaven out more medipacks sometimes to save some pain but in the end I think it's just my issue. I'm not really sure if this is also an issue on my end but I think that the controls in the game were a bit hard for me, even though I'm already used to TR tank controls. It feels like in TR1 the controls are more fluid but in TR2 I had lots of trouble sometimes on grabbing stuff like ledges, where I could see Lara reach it but she wouldn't grab it still, maybe it's just me but that's ok. I think the story was pretty forgettable aswell. I know that the games don't have the story as the focus and most of the time it's probably an excuse for Lara to go adventuring because why not? But honestly I feel like TR1 did a lot better compared to TR2.

So about the levels, that's what I think of them and my impressions (warning, incoming huge list with some spoilers of the levels):

Great Wall: I think this was a good introduction to the game and a cool level.

Venice: This was a good level too, though I got kinda confused at the timed run in the end because I forgot that the boat could speed up and how I took loads of damage aswell.

Bartoli Hideout: I think this one was ok, but near the beginning where you have to push a crate on the chimney made me go absolute nuts since I didn't remember it or didn't know it was possible, so I kept wandering and wandering like it was the end of the world until I used a walkthrough. Maybe I just got dumber from 2019 to 2020, go figure.

Opera House: Damn, I think that the concept of an Opera House is cool and that the level looks nice but oh God, screw this level! I felt lost multiple times and the amount of enemies made me go nuts aswell. The ending boss also made me go nuts since I was already low on HP I thought I wouldn't make it. I honestly considered using cheats but when I finally killed the and passed the level I felt very reliefed.

Offshore Rig: In the beginning I didn't how you could dodge the huge fan in the pool and was going mad again, yes again, so I was worried this would be another bad level and worried that the rest of the game would be bad aswell, so I had to use a walkthrough, after the giant fan I think the level got better and I actually enjoyed it.

Diving Area: I don't remember too much about this one but I kinda enjoyed it too. Not very memorable I guess.

40 Fathoms: So here is where the crap begins. I don't like underwater sections and these sharks were making me anxious so it's a no no from me.

Wreck of Maria Doria: I think this one dragged on a lot and was pretty boring, and I felt very lost aswell, so it's a no from me too.

Living Quarters: Oh my God, this entire level can go to hell and rot, I don't care, it's because of that mother****ing cursed bastard of a big black giant eel. If it wasn't for that bastard I would probably be at TR4 right now and I'm still scared of that damned thing. Because of that, I go as far as saying this is the worst ****ing level of the entire game. (i'm sorry if my language was very strong here but i absolutely hate that thing and i never want to get close to it ever again)

The Deck: Eh, it was a rather "meh" level I think. It took me over 1 month for me to grow the guts to go and try to pass Living Quarters and with that damn thing haunting me and this never ending underwater section it's just another no, it felt rather boring at some parts too. Though I was not very startled in this level because I knew there was nothing similiar in here so I was okay.

Tibetan Foothills: I can't believe it, finally after all this hell that was the underwater section finally there is a good level! Game was very fun again, though I think that they should have shown Lara climbing an ice/rock wall on the FMV so I could know that she is able to climb them ingame aswell, so I kinda had a hard time in the beginning because of that. Driving the ski thing was pretty fun for me, though it was kinda frustrating falling in the deep pits or the other ski guys ramming me over, but overall, better than the 4 previous levels.

Barkhang Monastery: I enjoyed this one to an extent. It really reminded me of TR1 but sometimes I think that the amount of enemies that attacked simultaneously felt rather unfair due to the low amount of medipacks. The current water area also got me kinda off but in the end I figured it out, fortunately.

Catacombs of the Talion: It was okay. I felt like WTF when I saw that Yeti and I honestly was afraid of approaching that thing. Oh and that section with the pitch black room with four Yetis can go eat an orange. No further comments on this level.

Ice Palace: The beginning wasn't really my thing, I kept falling a lot to death so yeah, that's where my name fits in again. The rest was rather okay, with exception of another pitch black room with a Yeti, fortunately I didn't have to climb down to confront him. I honestly said outloud "what the hell is that thing?!" multiple times like when the white leopard or whatever that is showed up or that huge bizarre monster bird appeared.

Temple of Xian: I enjoyed it to an extent aswell, but I felt it dragged over a lot to a point I didn't knew what to do next, but it's probably me being a noob as usual. The spider cave really got me unsettled and startled and I feel bad for those who suffer of aracnophobia and hope your souls are doing fine. After the spider caves the rest felt rather "meh" I think.

Floating Islands: I was already going mad with Temple of Xian so the moment i stepped in this one and saw flying Jonathan Joestars I was like "wtf?" not to mention I went absolutely nuts at how I was dying everytime from falling in the void. Lara's endless screams were nearly echoing in my head and I'll be honest I rage-quitted once I made it to the lava room. Today I booted the game and took the room with patience and managed to figure it out, but I think that they could have gave more ammo or health at certain points. The ending section with the last enemy got me kinda baffled. He was standing there with these weird disk shooter things and the disks were going right through him, while it would hit Lara, which made no sense to me.

The Dragon's Lair: Thankfully they gave out a lot of ammo on this level. I thought that defeating the dragon would be rather hard but I had to take him down multiple times since I didn't knew you had to pull the dagger away at first but I didn't go mad or anything. It was fun I'll be honest.

Home Sweet Home: It was nice level. At first I didn't knew Lara had the key to her closet but when I figured it out it was where the fun really began. I reminisced a lot of John Wick in this level, when the henchmen break in his house. Except we had Lara Croft, Bartoli Crew and her house. By the way, where was Winston at? Was he hiding or something? I worry what the old man was going through. Oh and that ending lol!

Overall I think that the game had it's moments were it shined and others where it got me disappointed but from what I see it's probably me who just sucks at this game. Proceeding to Tomb Raider III now, let's see what we got there...

Last edited by TombRager; 20-07-20 at 19:31. Reason: fixing the formatting
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-20, 13:36   #3286
lcroft_lc

Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun

Took me 29 hours to complete my first playthrough. Got only 31 out of 44 achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
They're making a sequel. Do you think it needs one?
Definitely. At the end of the Hellblade they say the story just begins. So it was pre planned.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-20, 18:14   #3287
norabrave

Resident Evil 7 (For platinum trophy)
norabrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-20, 03:09   #3288
TombRager

Just completed Ultimate DOOM for the second time.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 01:44   #3289
sackboy123

The Last of Us

Got the Platinum and 100% in trophies. The Multiplayer ones were probably the most annoying ones. I'd rather do Grounded again if I'm honest. It was fun for a while, but then got way too repetitive and boring, which is a shame since I loved Uncharted and its multiplayer
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 15:21   #3290
DragonSlayer

The Last Of Us 2
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote