Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 11-07-19, 21:59   #31
Chamayoo

It's not a perfect season but I really enjoyed it and felt enoughly different in a good way than the previous two.
I like the new settings (Starcount) and new characters (Robin !). I also like Spoilers the way the band and couples are falling apparts (but of course at the end they will be happily reunited.) This offered a new dynamic into the characters.
However some things are a bit over the top, maybe it was already the case in the previous seasons and didn't really notice, but maybe it seems to be accentuated this time.
Spoilers Steve enduring tortures better than James Bond, chidren chilling and speaking out loud while infiltrating a dangerous Russian base. Also this cumulation of "Look I/we arrive at the very best moment in the very last minute to save you from this very critic and deadly situation"
Maybe it's nitpicking and should watch the next season without taking attention of those kind of things. After all it was never supposed to be realistic and serious, the series is an hommage of the typical 80's family-friendly films (but with gores elements in it haha). Still those little things were a bit off-putting for me.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 20:45   #32
Amunet

I honestly LOVED Season 3 and have nothing to say against it. Maybe some people were expecting something different, but all I wanted was another love letter to the 80's with a brilliant cast and some crazy-ness. And that's exactly what I got.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 18:36   #33
Athukraz

This was the best season. Thoroughly enjoyed it it's so flawless I keep thinking about rewatching it. The addition of Erica and Robin is amazing
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 18:38   #34
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
This was the best season. Thoroughly enjoyed it it's so flawless I keep thinking about rewatching it. The addition of Erica and Robin is amazing
I LOVE ERICA!!!!!!!! That kid is hilarious! XD
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 09:38   #35
Teone

I love this serie sooooo much. My fav character is Robin.

In these days I can't stop watching the Neverending Story scene between Dustin and Suzie.
Anyway I don't know if I'd like to see Suzie again in Season 4. She has been a perfect 3 min icon. I hope the Duffer Brothers don't ruin her.

Last edited by Teone; 09-08-19 at 14:28.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 12:40   #36
Dennis's Mom

I love how they wrote Steve's character. He could have been such a one-off jerk high school boy, and they made him interesting and sympathetic. And funny.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 11:28   #37
Dustie

I finished it recently and my only issue was I think the fact that for a big part of the season the cast is split up. Fair enough, this is explained by the relatively short time-frame, but it felt a bit like this was to accommodate some scheduling issue between the cast members and I just wanted them to be together for a bit more throughout the story.

I understand some of the comments regarding the show losing it's magic, you can tell it became a bit self-aware, plus I thought season 3 had some troubles deciding the tone, but they still have some room left to continue and improve.

That being said, I'm very impressed by the scale of the season, some big sets and scenes featuring crowds of extras add a lot.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-19, 00:01   #38
Teone

I hope moderators don't consider this an off topic, but I found a girl on YouTube who wrote a song for Robin of Stranger Things and I'm confused because the song is onestly amateurish and I always laugh when I hear this kind of things, instead I've been totally hypnotized by her sound. She made me feel like a child on a seesaw.

Link removed

Last edited by Dennis's Mom; 24-08-19 at 12:54. Reason: Must have 50 posts first
Old 24-08-19, 12:55   #39
Dennis's Mom

New members must have a minimum of 50 substantive posts before posting links.

However, I consider this on topic enough, so I will share for you.

She does have a sound. Not really unique, but it grows on you.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-19, 13:42   #40
Teone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
New members must have a minimum of 50 substantive posts before posting links.
Oops, sorry. I posted other youtube links elsewhere, I hope it's ok. Anyway now I stop. 50 substantive posts? Some might say that I haven't posted one yet

-----

Back in topic:

Has anyone tried to call this number from USA? 618-625-8313
It's an easter egg. Google it to know more.

Last edited by Teone; 01-09-19 at 14:28.