www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 28-12-19, 17:51   #31
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
JC's texture set should be available as part of this: http://www.glidos.net/tombati.html

Also, original Glidos has support for HD textures - but you might find TombATI to be more convenient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I forgot to post an update on these. I am still working on them and fine tuning a lot of things with the up scaled textures as I treated myself to the latest Adobe Photoshop a few months ago, so I am able to give each texture a well deserved improvement, which I hope brings out the fine details a little better but at the same time making sure it does not look over "cartoonish" in the process.

As always, work gets in the way so I am can only work on these an hour or two on the evening, which is why it has been taking quite some time to do but it has become a little hobby of mine to do on the evening when I can as it will still be something I can do for the community.

I think there is a work around to using the Steam version of TR1 on Glidos and the same goes for the GOG version too but because of how it is setup on there, you may find it a lot more easier to purchase the original on CD as that is how Glidos was designed to use its features when it first came out, so if you can get it to work, then yes, the textures will work all the same.
Thanks you guys. I have Windows 10 right now so is there anything I should know before buying TR1 for PC? will I have to modify anything to get it running properly?
Old 29-12-19, 17:10   #32
ANoDE
Gold Contributor

Both, GoG & Steam Version come with DosBox by default as far as I know. To use custom textures, you'll either have to use Glidos or TombATI. Iirc there's a few threads about how to set it up based on the respective store-version in this section. Other than that, it should run out of the box.
Old 29-12-19, 18:50   #33
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Thanks you guys. I have Windows 10 right now so is there anything I should know before buying TR1 for PC? will I have to modify anything to get it running properly?
If you get the hard copy of TR1, you may have to install it using a piece of software but I have a link to Stella's Website which describes what to do, so just scroll down to the "TR1 and Unfinished Business on Newer Versions of Windows" section:

https://tombraiders.net/stella/downloads.html#windows

I use Windows 10 Home Premium and I hardly have any issues at all in regards to installing and playing TR1 itself.
Old 31-12-19, 12:55   #34
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I forgot to post an update on these. I am still working on them and fine tuning a lot of things with the up scaled textures as I treated myself to the latest Adobe Photoshop a few months ago, so I am able to give each texture a well deserved improvement, which I hope brings out the fine details a little better but at the same time making sure it does not look over "cartoonish" in the process.

As always, work gets in the way so I am can only work on these an hour or two on the evening, which is why it has been taking quite some time to do but it has become a little hobby of mine to do on the evening when I can as it will still be something I can do for the community.
Excellent news.

Could you post a sneak peek screenshot of any texture you've already upscaled?
Old 31-12-19, 17:31   #35
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
Excellent news.

Could you post a sneak peek screenshot of any texture you've already upscaled?
Once i'm back home on the 12th I will of course!
Old 31-12-19, 18:41   #36
ANoDE
Gold Contributor

Awesome
Old 18-01-20, 18:05   #37
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

I'm a little crammed with work at the moment but i'm almost done with the Egypt section, so once that is done I am going to post it as a whole for people to try out and share their opinions before I go ahead and do the rest, since I want it to be good for everyone.
Old 19-01-20, 04:04   #38
ErickASJ
Hobbyist

Oh, yes, please.
ErickASJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 07:38   #39
ANoDE
Gold Contributor

I don't think it's possible to please everyone, but I appreciate your efforts to make it the best possible