www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-01-20, 13:23   #31871
redfox45
Archaeologist

I thought Ada looked so great in the remake but obviously they look some liberties with her more established look.

Did anybody not like the way she looked?
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 14:17   #31872
jackali
Super Moderator

I think she looked utterly absurd in that trenchcoat and dark sunglasses, underground at night.

The bow on her bra, poking through her dress, just looked silly too.
Old 19-01-20, 14:30   #31873
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
I think she looked utterly absurd in that trenchcoat and dark sunglasses, underground at night.

This.. she looked more like a character from Project Zero/Fatal Frame in that dress.
Shame Ada never got a 'classic' counterpart outfit like Sherry does (even if they altered the colours a little)

But yeah, the Victoria Beckham vibe didn't do her justice hah
I always use Leon's classic alternate outfit now so she always wears the dress
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 14:55   #31874
redfox45
Archaeologist

Quote:

I guess I can tear up my patriarchy membership card because I wasn't even looking at her dress that much, like i'm gonna have to replay Leon to get a good look at that.
I did hate how they tried to cutsey her up in 6 by the wierd way they filled out her face, that really baffled me.

But yeah, sunglasses at night is rediculous but it's one of those funny things that RE does and never really acknowledges.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 15:21   #31875
noonbob
Professor

Quote:

Yes she does, it bothered me because the reasoning behind Claire's redesign was to make it more "realistic". Why did that only apply to her?

If any ones outfit needed to be more realistic for the situation it should be Ada. She had intel and knowledge of Umbrella/The Virus prior to putting herself in the centre of the outbreak.
I say she should have been put in more appropriate attire. They could have stuck to her original design of the pinkishred turtle-neck dress with leggings but add flat boots and a jacket (which she would later get rid of).

Leon and Claire had no idea what they were getting into. So Claire could have easily worn her OG outfit.
I don't even want to hear about weather because wtf was "Misty" wearing before she got ha ass chewed up and infected? Short shorts and a low cut tank top

@dcw123 I've never looked at it like that but YES! A spot on comparison. Ofc it's mid 2000's Victoria, makes Ada's design even more ridiculous.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 17:00   #31876
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
I thought Ada looked so great in the remake but obviously they look some liberties with her more established look.

Did anybody not like the way she looked?
I'm not a fan of her attire, but I really like the character model and she looks very beautiful. I agree with others though about the sunglasses and trench coat making her look too shady from the start. It removes a lot of the mysteriousness surrounding her character.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 19:17   #31877
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Yes she does, it bothered me because the reasoning behind Claire's redesign was to make it more "realistic". Why did that only apply to her?

If any ones outfit needed to be more realistic for the situation it should be Ada. She had intel and knowledge of Umbrella/The Virus prior to putting herself in the centre of the outbreak.
I say she should have been put in more appropriate attire. They could have stuck to her original design of the pinkishred turtle-neck dress with leggings but add flat boots and a jacket (which she would later get rid of).

Leon and Claire had no idea what they were getting into. So Claire could have easily worn her OG outfit.
I don't even want to hear about weather because wtf was "Misty" wearing before she got ha ass chewed up and infected? Short shorts and a low cut tank top

@dcw123 I've never looked at it like that but YES! A spot on comparison. Ofc it's mid 2000's Victoria, makes Ada's design even more ridiculous.
No biker would wear short shorts and sleveless jacket. To be honest, the most accurate would have been the Elza suit. I dont use it because it doesnt have holsters and the weapons appear out of no where, but I like it the most.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 20:15   #31878
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
No biker would wear short shorts and sleveless jacket. To be honest, the most accurate would have been the Elza suit. I dont use it because it doesnt have holsters and the weapons appear out of no where, but I like it the most.
A very large amount of bikers wear vests....it's the reason Claire was designed in one to begin with. They are called biker vests for a reason. Google it.

Not one person I know, who rides, puts on a full racing suit to ride their bike. The only people who do, ride on bikes specifically for racing at top speeds. Elza Walker was designed to part of a racing team, so that's why she was in one. Claire is just an enthusiast, which is reflected in the fact she rides around on a cruiser...which many bikers wear casual clothing on. She goes maybe 50mph on it?

Claire's OG shorts were not practical, but I've seen guys wear basketball shorts on crotch rocket bikes. Is it dangerous if you fall? Sure, but some people are more comfortable on their bike and it's not illegal.
Old 20-01-20, 09:51   #31879
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
A very large amount of bikers wear vests....it's the reason Claire was designed in one to begin with. They are called biker vests for a reason. Google it.

Not one person I know, who rides, puts on a full racing suit to ride their bike. The only people who do, ride on bikes specifically for racing at top speeds. Elza Walker was designed to part of a racing team, so that's why she was in one. Claire is just an enthusiast, which is reflected in the fact she rides around on a cruiser...which many bikers wear casual clothing on. She goes maybe 50mph on it?

Claire's OG shorts were not practical, but I've seen guys wear basketball shorts on crotch rocket bikes. Is it dangerous if you fall? Sure, but some people are more comfortable on their bike and it's not illegal.
Okay, I expressed it wrong. No biker would wear that vest and shorts for a long trip from another city in the middle of the night. And if they did, they would repent mid-way.

I mean, I know it because I AM a biker. I have a yamaha mt-07, a quite powerful bike, and I know what I should wear depending on the kind of trip Im going to do. If im going to the market 5 mins from home I can wear anything, but going On a trip, then I would wear something more resistant.

And driving under the sun, is okay to wear something light like og Claire did, but if you are going to be driving late, even in summer, at night, you get cold. Remake Claire outfit is fine.

I also have a suit like elza and that's what i wear every time I have to do anything longer than 10 minutes at winter. Maybe it is excesive in September, but if it is cold-ish, its fine.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-20, 12:48   #31880
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

I get respect for the old titles, but that's surely what the unlockable costumes are for?

RE2 and RE3make are re-imagined titles, now Claire's original outfit I can sort of let go a little bit because she's young and a bit rebellious, but how is an ex-policewoman attempting to leave a City overrun with zombies in a miniskirt and tube top practical? Because she has a sweater wrapped around her waist? I love the new looks. The only thing I have to complain about is Jill's outfit looking a little bit too much like Claire's without the jacket (undershirt and necklace)
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote