www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-01-20, 17:00   #331
Error96
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
What is the endgame here? Do you think one day a higher up stumbles in here, sees your posts and goes: "Magical, the answer we were looking for...hire all those good, well mannered people to help us"
The endgame is a bit like the Sonic series now. Sadly much chance of a silver bullet seems over. The devs aren't happy to offer the fanservice that is needed. It comes down to that it is still going to be achieved through a long fan grind. I know the TR fandom will stick with it even though it may take years plus reboot Lara is for us so poor there is nothing to risk or lose. Sonic team said no classic Sonic or going back but that resolve has fallen apart since they realised the fans didn't just come round. Now the classic Sonic fans got Generations, Mania, possibly an Adventure remake. Maybe one day our devs think 'why do the hardcore TR fans dislike us these days' and then they read a few threads. 'Right you've made your point now. Fine you are getting your duals back'. Sonic high-up Takashi Iizuka didn't really want classic Sonic stuff back but he allowed it eventually. I hope they see common sense before all that but with no movement that is the endgame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
I love it when people call reboot Lara bland and generic. Cause that is what a bland and generic girl does: travels the world in search for artefacts having to battle a fanatic military organization in the same time, no?
Reboot Lara is bland as it's like if you got a load of personality sliders and set them all to 50%. People may find classic Lara too superficial or impatient but that is still a strong personality trait. 'Morally good' is not a either unique or fleshed out as a personality. It's just too much only scaffolding of a character and nice just isn't enough.

Last edited by Error96; 19-01-20 at 17:06.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 17:35   #332
_Seth
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
Reboot Lara is bland as it's like if you got a load of personality sliders and set them all to 50%.
That is a good way of putting it. I've said before that everything she says is as if it's place-holder dialogue and actions, but they never got 'round to adding any sort of flavour to her interactions, for better or for worse.
Old 19-01-20, 17:42   #333
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

I agree that reboot Lara lacks flavor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
going to be achieved through a long fan grind. I know the TR fandom will stick with it even though it may take years plus reboot Lara is for us so poor there is nothing to risk or lose.
Then guys, stop buying the products. Who wants that should show it with the wallet.
Old 19-01-20, 18:13   #334
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Then guys, stop buying the products. Who wants that should show it with the wallet.
This is true. I don‘t understand people who always complain about the Reboot games and are unhappy with the whole formula but then go ahead and spend their money on them and complain about things like not getting DLC8 and stuff. Those people are also the loudest most of the time, which is just weird to me. I get that the franchise as a whole means a lot to everyone and that might be the reason why but if I was as fed up with everything as some people claim to be, I wouldn‘t spend a single cent on a game which I knew from the start I had such negative feelings towards. In the end they support the whole Reboot trend, which shows in the good sale figures.

To be clear, I don‘t mean to be shady with this post, this is just something I can‘t wrap my head around.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 18:21   #335
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I agree that reboot Lara lacks flavor.

Thats what I'm doing.
Old 19-01-20, 18:39   #336
dylan_croft
Historian

Signed

Yeah , I'm will do anything to make our word reach the developers .

we see how Lara become Lara and now it's time for our classic Lara to come back .
Old 19-01-20, 19:06   #337
cephasjames
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Thats what I'm doing.
That is true. Of all the people on these boards who complain about the reboot, you are one of very few who back up your dislike with action. Rather than saying you don't like it but then logging 100s of hours on each of the three games, you just didn't spend your money. That's commendable.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 19:15   #338
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Thats what I'm doing.
Kudos to you, truly. You’re not some hypocritical Classic fan from what I gather...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
That is true. Of all the people on these boards who complain about the reboot, you are one of very few who back up your dislike with action. Rather than saying you don't like it but then logging 100s of hours on each of the three games, you just didn't spend your money. That's commendable.
Yeah, staying true to your standards and principles in this community is... well, hard. There’s a great pressure forced on you when you express your true and honest feelings around here. But, well, are we going to take them seriously? Of course not.
Old 19-01-20, 19:40   #339
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

To be fair, I can understand people buying TR2013, because we couldn't have known it was like that. And I can even understand buying Rise, because we couldn't have known it would be the exact same thing again. Shadow is harder to understand. It's the third time and yes, it seemed to have positive change in the trailers, but I think anyone can tell from the trailers that it's still basically the same thing. And I think it's possible that some of those fans might buy the next game in hopes that now, with the origin trilogy over, the change will be bigger. But I think those people should be extra-cautious and not buy if there's the smallest hint of it not being what they want. I'd say: in doubt, don't buy.

Last edited by paulojr_mam; 19-01-20 at 19:41.
paulojr_mam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 19:57   #340
larafan25
Sage

There are many who did not even touch 2013 because they knew clearly by the looks of it that is was not accurate to Lara Croft. I mean, that was the intention.

Some however, are not as clear about what they want when it comes to "Classic Lara". Many want what we have now, but with a braid. Or with shorts. Or the same appearance but a different attitude. None of which would really be accurate.