www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 31-07-20, 16:24   #1
neonwave
Hobbyist

Post how do i put static meshes on tr2 levels

I was trying to figure out to place static meshes (like chairs/tables) wherever i want. I dont know any program to use tho.
If I want a static mesh from a different level, Do I have to replace the static mesh or can I just add them? How?
neonwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 13:19   #2
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

You need Fexinspect by Turbo Pascal to do that

Actually Fexinspect is only a visual program to see rooms in a data file, ie, lets you see things but not modify anything.

You also need FexinspectSK (made by the Skateboard Kid a few years later, that's why there is SK on the end) What he did was take Fexinspect and adjust it so you can see and modify. The only thing is that to get FexinspectSK to work you also need Fexinspect, as it has parts of the program to make FexinspectSK work.

So get Fexinspect and FexinspectSK and put both into one folder, and then FexinspectSK works to modify the data file. Funny thing is that all modders just call the program Fexinspect, but you need both programs used as one, to get it to modify data files

Here are the programs...
To save you building it up, I have done that for you, here is fexinspect with fexinspectSK which must be kept in the one folder. Just unzip and click on 'Fexinspect with the SK icon' to run program, and load a data file, and then you can modify....
http://www.mediafire.com/file/imsg3v..._-TRC.zip/file

Click on the icon...

Last edited by The Great Chi; 01-08-20 at 13:49.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 06:59   #3
neonwave
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
You need Fexinspect by Turbo Pascal to do that

Actually Fexinspect is only a visual program to see rooms in a data file, ie, lets you see things but not modify anything.

You also need FexinspectSK (made by the Skateboard Kid a few years later, that's why there is SK on the end) What he did was take Fexinspect and adjust it so you can see and modify. The only thing is that to get FexinspectSK to work you also need Fexinspect, as it has parts of the program to make FexinspectSK work.

So get Fexinspect and FexinspectSK and put both into one folder, and then FexinspectSK works to modify the data file. Funny thing is that all modders just call the program Fexinspect, but you need both programs used as one, to get it to modify data files

Here are the programs...
To save you building it up, I have done that for you, here is fexinspect with fexinspectSK which must be kept in the one folder. Just unzip and click on 'Fexinspect with the SK icon' to run program, and load a data file, and then you can modify....
http://www.mediafire.com/file/imsg3v..._-TRC.zip/file

Click on the icon...
Got It! this fexinspect is kinda difficult to use for me but i can get used to it (I GUESS) jk lol. this program is a masterpiece, now i can duplicate static meshes easily and place them wherever i want thank you so much! i still have the other question tho. Is possible to add more static meshes to a level without replacing them? If I want to put the yellow small submarine from 40 fathoms (it shows up in the beginning of the level) on Lara's home, for example. Is that possible? without replacing any static mesh to the yellow submarine?
neonwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 14:48   #4
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonwave View Post
.... Is possible to add more static meshes to a level without replacing them? If I want to put the yellow small submarine from 40 fathoms (it shows up in the beginning of the level) on Lara's home, for example. Is that possible? without replacing any static mesh to the yellow submarine?
Yes

The next program you need is Fexmerger. This is a messy program that can transfer items or static meshes from one data file game (the source) to another data file game that you want items or static meshes in (the target).

I call it messy as a lot can go wrong depending on what item you are transferring over from one data file to another, as you can end up with a combination of AI (artificial intelligence) and the character will not move, or not move properly, or move funny. Static meshes transfered are straight forward as there is no AI to worry about.

Fexmerger...
https://www.aspidetr.com/en/tools/fexmerger/