Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 01-06-20, 17:36   #38161
Patrick star

No offence , but have you got any idea about the meanings of the words you're using ? becauseTR2013 Lara , as a matter of fact , is neither chubby nor bulky .

And Classic Lara's spaghetti arms and microscopic waist is light years away from demonstrating/representing fierceness or badassary imo , especially when combined with the tacky six packs visible in some renders , it adds to the whole caricature-esque , uncanny/grotesque look .

Shortness is another issue . Yes , she was indeed made shorter , it was a conscious decision by the devs .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 17:40   #38162
LNSNHGTDS

She's literally thin, she's just not abnormally thin and her boobs are smaller so they don't contrast as much with the rest of her body as they did before. She's 1.68m, she's four whole centimetres taller than the average British woman so she's average yes but not short and definitely not "very" short. She's just shorter than before which is something that used to bother me but I honestly don't care anymore.

She's just a college graduate in 2013 with some climbing and archery training. Her model becomes bulkier, with more muscle definition and the baby face goes away game by game in the following two games so I don't know what your deal is.

Last edited by LNSNHGTDS; 01-06-20 at 17:43.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 18:02   #38163
Patrick star

Look how chubby and bulky this person is .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 19:03   #38164
Yeauxleaux

Many girls would kill to have a body like that render. She still has feminine curves and an hourglass figure, it's just downplayed compared to the classic character.

I do have my own issues with her not looking enough like Lara for my tastes, which does include wishing she was taller and more leggy. I also do think she's styled incredibly plain in terms of her hair and clothing, to the point where it's a case of over-correcting sexualisation. I have never considered her unattractive though and think it's a reach when people say that too.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 02-06-20 at 19:07.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 20:52   #38165
Pillis

That's the problem, they created her to be relatable because original Lara was an unrealistic beauty standard. Who cares?? I am sick of this pc policy. I want Lara to be sexy skinny, muscular, unrealistic and bad ass.
Pillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 19:27   #38166
Pendrak

She's just a healthy girl in reboot. There is no problem in a HEALTHY girl, she looks normal, strong and sexy too. I totally don't understand the point of saying she looks unrealistic or not sexy. Please people go out and look at others around your town.
Pendrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 22:09   #38167
Pillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendrak View Post
She's just a healthy girl in reboot. There is no problem in a HEALTHY girl, she looks normal, strong and sexy too. I totally don't understand the point of saying she looks unrealistic or not sexy. Please people go out and look at others around your town.
That's the problem, when I watch Lara and play as her I don't want to be looking at a random girl I can meet down the street.
Pillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 06:04   #38168
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendrak View Post
Please people go out and look at others around your town.
going out? you're being generous henny

suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 14:53   #38169
jackoimina

Lara is beautiful in this trilogy, she looks absolutely perfect in Syria level in Rise - just imagine duals and a backpack and that's it, perfect LC in my book. Muscles in Shadow were cool as well but I like her face better in 2013 and Rise (rise is more detailed). I know it's subjective but calling this version LC unattractive is playing blind. Not everyone finds a plastic doll with giant boobs attractive xD
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 15:44   #38170
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
going out? you're being generous henny

lmao

--

Reboot Lara is cute. Not sexy imo, but cute. Turning Point is one of the most beautiful Lara, only behind AOD and Legend. Of course, nothing, not even the orcs from Mordor deserve to be compared to that thing that 2013 Definitive Edition was.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 10-06-20 at 15:46.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote