Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 03-06-20, 21:48   #81
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Honestly looking at SQEidos policy so far I think they'd sooner remaster TR1-5 and LAU than touch TRAOD.
Yeah I think the simple fact is that from a financial point of view it’s probably (rightly) considered not wise to remake the least successful and lowest selling installments from a game series.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 00:27   #82
Yeauxleaux

AoD requires far more than just bug-fixing and enhanced graphics to be "fixed" and profitable, that's why.

The game was released unfinished. It has noticeable holes in the story, the game play controls are clunkier and more ungainly than the PS1 classics, and too many levels that are too short with not a great deal exciting happening in them.

The only thing salvagable about the game is the general storyline and concept art, which means to make it work you have to go all the way back to pre-production. Levels would have to be totally redesigned and remade so that they're bigger and not broken up by load screens, more fun and engaging to play. The story would need refining, which in turn requires more voice acting work to be done. The gameplay either needs to play straight-up like classic remasters would play, at best, if not a completely modernised gameplay engine. Anything but what we had with those clunky controls.

They could probably do a version that fixes all/most of the bugs for steam or something, that would please hardcore fans. But yes, as far as actually re-doing the game as a whole remaster/remake that is never happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I don't think they'll even remaster 4 if they do it. A trilogy looks neater and would garner less cost, less time and more money - let's face it they'd charge the same amount whether the collection had 3, 4 or 5 games.

It's a shame really I'd much rather a remake/ramaster of TR4 than TR3.
It would be my dream come true to see the PS1 pentalogy all remastered in a consistent art style, perhaps even with shared unlockable content like a crap tonne of Lara's iconic outfits shared between them. They could even throw in some LAU and Reboot era outfits re-imagined on classic Lara in her cartoony art style, I'd love that.

I guess if, again, they go more niche with it and outsource production to a smaller developer they could definitely do this.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-06-20 at 00:45.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 08:03   #83
moodydog

^ My though on AOD, not just buggy, it didn't feel finished.

In terms of Chronicles, I liked:
  • The locations
  • Exploring outside the submarine
  • The horror elements of the Ireland levels
  • It was obviously the best looking TR game
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 22:37   #84
jajay119

I think it depends on the version you play but I have a launch day PS2 copy of AOD as well as a PC version I bought in 2010 and the only bug I encountered on the PS2 version was where Lara's braid will occasionally spike across the screen. I definitely agree overall the game is way more unfinished than buggy and honestly given the state some games launch in these days I think AOD should really get a reprieve for the 17 years of ridicule it's had.

I feel like I'm in the minority here but I honestly really like Rome. I think it's really atmospheric and has some interesting ideas like the statues that come to life or the weird eye monster thing. I just wish the whole Colosseum level had been better explained? Was it back in time? Why was it not in ruins otherwise. I would rate the game Rome>Ireland>VCI>Russia

Last edited by jajay119; 07-06-20 at 22:39.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-20, 07:58   #85
melodyz_07

I'm probably biased but I love TRC because it was my first TR ever, which got me involved in the series. I remember having a really enjoyable time with all the levels and Lara seriously impressed me.
melodyz_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-20, 15:47   #86
Lavender

I honestly do not appreciate this game.. I've played multiple times but it's not doing it for me. It's the only game out of all TR games that I dislike.
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-20, 18:50   #87
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I honestly do not appreciate this game.. I've played multiple times but it's not doing it for me. It's the only game out of all TR games that I dislike.
i have a thread for that here https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=223765
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-20, 12:35   #88
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-20, 14:31   #89
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Exactly.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-20, 21:20   #90
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Exactly.
[IMG]https://www.tombraiderforums.com/picture.php?albumid=547&pictureid=14026[/IMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
why do you keep getting mad at me for trying to direct chronicles hate away from your positivity topic? do you WANT the negative discussion here, or...

make it make sense
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote