www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 24-11-20, 14:49   #1131
fallenangle
Archaeologist

Somebody has probably already mentioned it here but there are some distinction physics variations between TR1 OL and any of the other versions I've played.

I've been hung up for days at the start of St. Francis' Folly trying to get the second secret. The fact is the recognised technique does not work: sliding down the ramp backwards, grabbing the edge, climbing up, slipping down to the edge of the lower part of the slide and pressing/holding jump to backflip to the second secret area.

It actually been made simpler: you just slide down forwards and then hit jump and grab right at the point she lands on that same edge of the lower slide.

EDIT

Strange stuff in The Colosseum - the final underwater exit gate would not open. So I 'closed' it, still closed, left the area, came back and it worked perfectly.

Similar lever weirdness in Palace Midas. The lever codes were behaving very oddly and I had to use the same 'technique'. Eventually worked - onto the Cistern.

Last edited by fallenangle; 01-12-20 at 11:39.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 13:15   #1132
fallenangle
Archaeologist

Had some real weirdness in the City Of Khamoon.

Arrived at the part where the trap doors around the cat (Bast?) statue open. Went down and I'd forgotten about the slide/spike pit trap; almost got caught by that but grabbed the edge and shimmied to safety.

But then I realised it sounded like Lara was underwater: somehow I'd triggered the flight glitch. I could swim/fly her to anywhere in the level - it didn't help as she wouldn't interact with anything but it was good fun getting to places otherwise impossible.

To get back to normal I just reloaded my last save point. I've not been able to trigger the glitch again.
Old 07-12-20, 13:19   #1133
XProger
Historian

It's DOZY mode cheat
O key or walk, look, walk, look, walk, look, walk, look sequence.
It will allow to fly around and restore full health, press Walk button for return back to normal mode.

Last edited by XProger; 07-12-20 at 13:21.
XProger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 16:57   #1134
fallenangle
Archaeologist

Thanks for the info.

I must have accidentally keyed in that sequence. What are the chances of that?

Early on in the game I kept accidentally swapping into FP view. Managed to find out how to get out of that.

Really enjoying playing it on the Xbox with the exception of Pierre. He kept on turning up everywhere and wouldn't go in some cases. So if you returned to the upper lever room in The Cistern (to flood/drain the area) he'd always be there nibbling away at Lara's health each time.

He was a real pain in the Tomb Of Tichocan too until I tried the same technique used for my minimal damage run: simply running past him and hoping I'd get the timing right to get through the metal jaws without damage.

I found that when I did that he'd usually disappear after you'd dealt with the croc and collected the secret.

EDIT

I'd forgotten how much I dislike Atlantis, particularly on the PS. The exploding enemies who take 50% of LC's health if she's within some randomised blast radius and save points that are really annoying, forcing you to repeat whole easy areas multiple times before you get to the part you're having difficulty with.

I hate forced repetition like that and it really is just the Atlantis level where it is an issue.

EDIT 2

Finished with all secrets. Even though I was aiming to do a no health pack/only pistols run, once I got to Atlantis without much trouble in that respect, I dumped that whole idea and just fed her health packs as needed.

Enjoyable, good, authentic console experience doing it on the Xbox despite a few rough edges.

Last edited by fallenangle; 27-12-20 at 12:50.
Old 26-12-20, 17:07   #1135
GiovanniLucca
Historian

I'm amazed by your wrk in this Xprogger.
Looking foward to see TR3 fully working on your engine.

I want to replay TR1 with OpenLara, but I'm having an issue. No music! neither ambiance tracks.

I'm using the Steam version. I did the extraction as the readme file, and I've got the DATA folder.

I created the music/1/ folder and put the tracks there.
also did the levels/1/ folder

I created this folders in the same location as the Data folder, and also tried to put it inside of data folder, but neither work.

Can someone point what I'm doing wrong?
I have search this thread through and through, but didn't find an answer.
Old 31-12-20, 01:47   #1136
XProger
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I want to play tomb raider on my TI-84
Only on TI-Nspire for now
XProger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 18:01   #1137
Kurtis6
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by XProger View Post
Thank you! Now I can play the classics on my Xbox!
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-21, 22:49   #1138
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

The last few times I’ve played online, the camera has “felt weird” - not sure exactly how to describe it other than it being “swoopy.” It feels odd and actually makes me a but motion sickness to play. My regular version of TR1 is fine, as are the custom levels I regularly play. Any idea what this could be?