www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 10-01-21, 23:50   #1871
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
^^ Yes, Blender with this addon here lets you import the model with all parts together: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=225479

I'm already looking at the model. Give me a minute to write the steps down how you can fix it yourself.
Fantastic, thanks so much!
Old 11-01-21, 00:19   #1872
not again!
Explorer

edit: Hang on, I just realized you have to re-align the rest of the snake with the root mesh in WadTool (or Wadmerger) either way. So yeah, you don't really need Blender for that (sorry ) - just drag the the root mesh from your screenshot to the center in Meta, import into WadTool or Strpix, and then in WadTool or Wadmerger drag the next mesh in the hierarchy towards the root mesh to close the gap.

Last edited by not again!; 11-01-21 at 01:45.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 02:27   #1873
Richard_trle
Explorer

I would like to create a head skin based on TRC fmv lara, is there any skin available?

It would free some time
Richard_trle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 03:19   #1874
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
edit: Hang on, I just realized you have to re-align the rest of the snake with the root mesh in WadTool (or Wadmerger) either way. So yeah, you don't really need Blender for that (sorry ) - just drag the the root mesh from your screenshot to the center in Meta, import into WadTool or Strpix, and then in WadTool or Wadmerger drag the next mesh in the hierarchy towards the root mesh to close the gap.
Thanks for the advice! I'm pretty new at this, and running into some problems. I changed the root mesh in Meta to what looked pretty centered to me:

I then added it back to the Wad using StrPix, saved, and loaded it in WadTool. Had a severed snake . . .

As you suggested (I think), I pulled the next mesh #1 over so it was once again aligned with the root mesh #0:

I noticed in the animations that there's a blue box that is itself off-center:

But I don't know what it is / if it's the source of the ongoing problem, since when I put the snake into the game, it's meshes appear disconnected from it's center (where the shadow appears) and it can no longer harm Lara, or at least isn't making contact with her. Did I go wrong somewhere along the way?

Thanks for the advice so far, hopefully this might be a step closer to making the snake work by spinning in place on a single tile.

EDIT: Just an update that I tried pressing "Calculate" on each of the animations to bring the blue box in alignment with the new snake alignment, and it didn't change anything about it's being a full square wrong in the game (like the screenshot above).

Last edited by Craig Michaels; 11-01-21 at 03:24.
Craig Michaels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 04:21   #1875
not again!
Explorer

^^ that is everything perfectly correct so far, except maybe for the step involving the blue box - the box (the collision box) would be a good visual guide where the snake originally should be. The root mesh needs its position corrected (moved to the center) throughout all the animations.
For Wadmerger you can use Animtools to correct the position of the animations (instructions are included in the readme)

In WadTool you can select the entire animation range while holding Shift (the timeline will be marked blue so you can't miss whether you really have everything selected) and then edit the position coordinates displayed on the left side just above the timeline. WadTool will then correct the position for all frames automatically. Just reset the coordinates for the X and Z axis to 0, but leave the Y axis, that will center the snake.

edit: I re-wrote the post, because I just remembered that you can use Animtools if you are working with Wadmerger.

Last edited by not again!; 11-01-21 at 04:52.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 09:14   #1876
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
In WadTool you can select the entire animation range while holding Shift (the timeline will be marked blue so you can't miss whether you really have everything selected) and then edit the position coordinates displayed on the left side just above the timeline. WadTool will then correct the position for all frames automatically. Just reset the coordinates for the X and Z axis to 0, but leave the Y axis, that will center the snake.
That helped a lot! I'm nearly there now! Working out some remaining issues with exactly how centered the snake can be, but it's much better than before. Really appreciate the guidance.
Old 13-01-21, 19:57   #1877
egypt_gypsie
Professor

How much of a hassle would it be for someone to make an animated falling snow object? For purposes of like falling through a hole in the ceiling.
Old 14-01-21, 04:51   #1878
LeelooBastet
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
How much of a hassle would it be for someone to make an animated falling snow object? For purposes of like falling through a hole in the ceiling.
Maybe ypu could use a light ray object and retexture it with an modified animated waterfall texture ?
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote