www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 06-07-20, 14:13   #1
frankky
Student

Default Ascent on a ladder

Hi everyone
in my project I have an object EXTRA19 (Static) is a ladder, I would like Lara to climb.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nppacf

Question: how do you do it?

Cieo and thank you
Franky
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 17:12   #2
croftyboy
Historian

These ladder objects are just for decoration. They don't have any collusion so it's just looks like Lara climbing on them.
You need to apply "climb" option like you always do, on the floor next to a wall. But if you want to make lara climb ladders wihtout a wall on the background, you should create a portal, make it "toggle opacity 1" so it will be solid. Then you add the "climb" option on the floor next to the solidified portal.
croftyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 17:33   #3
frankky
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post
These ladder objects are just for decoration. They don't have any collusion so it's just looks like Lara climbing on them.
You need to apply "climb" option like you always do, on the floor next to a wall. But if you want to make lara climb ladders wihtout a wall on the background, you should create a portal, make it "toggle opacity 1" so it will be solid. Then you add the "climb" option on the floor next to the solidified portal.
Hello
sorry but I did not understand, on a level that I saw Lara climbs this ladder both on one side and the other and the ladder is not apoogged to the wall.
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 17:36   #4
klona
Golden

I think it's a trick where the room is split into 2 and the ladder part is made solid from both sides.
Old 06-07-20, 20:32   #5
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankky View Post
I saw Lara climbs this ladder both on one side and the other and the ladder is not apoogged to the wall.
That's what croftyboy explained here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy View Post
you should create a portal, make it "toggle opacity 1" so it will be solid. Then you add the "climb" option on the floor next to the solidified portal.
So basically you do the same as when setting a climbable wall, only this time you do it in front of a toggle-opacity (=solid) portal.
And on the back of that portal as well, if you want both sides to be climbable.