www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 11-07-20, 14:24   #11
frankky
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ6Wolf View Post
This is the issue. You must not move the object after placing it. If the object is set up properly then it will not need to be moved. By default the bigmedi is not designed to be taken from the wall.
You are basically telling me that the object must be created to be taken on the wall.

On a Dave level I saw that you could take a normal Bigmedi with a crowbar.

Question: then can it be done? How is it possible?
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 15:20   #12
ReH_
Student

You will need an specific animation attached to the object you want to take it with the crowbar, in this case the BIGMEDI_ITEM.

How do you get this animation?

Open your cleopal wad in WadMerger and search for Puzzle_item12 (this object has the animation necessary for the crowbar setup works) Export it then import it in bigmedi_item. This should do the trick.

If you don't have the cleopal wad in your wads folder, you can download this object from the trsearch.org that has an animation aswell.

Link: https://www.trsearch.org/item/2995

Hope it helps
Old 12-07-20, 00:21   #13
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Basically, you can't use this method to obtain a medpack unless all medpacks are to be obtained this way. The level you're thinking of may have used a special method to get around this, the simplest solution I can think of is having a duplicate of the medkit in another item slot.

Make Pickup_1 for example, look like a medkit, and give it the animation ReH mentioned. The place a pickup trigger for the item underneath it that will delete the item, and add a real medkit.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 10:01   #14
frankky
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
Basically, you can't use this method to obtain a medpack unless all medpacks are to be obtained this way. The level you're thinking of may have used a special method to get around this, the simplest solution I can think of is having a duplicate of the medkit in another item slot.

Make Pickup_1 for example, look like a medkit, and give it the animation ReH mentioned. The place a pickup trigger for the item underneath it that will delete the item, and add a real medkit.
Hello and
thanks for replying, I did some tests but without success, obviously an object born to be taken on the ground or on a pedestal cannot be taken with the Crowbar on the wall.

Hi Franky
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 10:37   #15
TokyoSU
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankky View Post
Hello and
thanks for replying, I did some tests but without success, obviously an object born to be taken on the ground or on a pedestal cannot be taken with the Crowbar on the wall.

Hi Franky
post a download link of the object, it will help the helper instead of using word.
Old 12-07-20, 10:56   #16
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankky View Post
Hello and

Hi Franky
Did you give it that animation ReH mentioned?
Because it does need that animation.

Or, replace the mesh of the original "take from wall" item with that of the medipack. (export medipack mesh in STRPIX, go to pickup-item/puzzle-item slot and import the medipack mesh, thus replacing the orginal item mesh)

It'll work for sure with the addition of what Uzi-master said: "place a pickup trigger for the item underneath it that will delete the item, and add a real medkit.".