www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 08-08-13, 22:11   #121
Rhinala
Hobbyist

This is my first angle of darkness texture change, still a lot to learn.
need to figure out how to changed the hands and eyelashes
Rhinala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 17:22   #122
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

it looks really great ! I love what you did with her lips !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-13, 19:26   #123
Jen_TR
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinala View Post

This is my first angle of darkness texture change, still a lot to learn.
need to figure out how to changed the hands and eyelashes
She looks great I love this
Jen_TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-13, 12:04   #124
Rhinala
Hobbyist

Thank you so much, there is a lot to learn
I like to change all of lara's costumes and maybe changed other characters too in order to make the game feel a bit more dated.
Rhinala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-14, 12:21   #125
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Someone could help me, please?
I'm looking forward to an inivisible Lara "outfit", as .CHR model. LARAD.CHR would be perfect.
There was a link, but that is dead now.

Thank you so much!
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 09:55   #126
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Is there any place that hosts the AOD outfits?
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 13:52   #127
Mokono
Relic Hunter

Arrow SparedLife's Tools

Camera Fun Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparedLife View Post
I guess you know by now I like using that room in Paris1 for getting screenshots of my skins. You can get a clean front view and it's easy to get to by being close to the game start. I can rename any Lara to LaraD; start a new game and before long be at that room.
Thanks to Michiel I now have a little more understanding of cameras. That room uses a few but the main one is in that corner and the character faces it. I have done a lot of serious byte manipulation trying to understand how it works. Although not fully understood I do have a limited grasp of it and a tool I use to change the bytes.
I thought I'd share the tool with all of you and some camera hacks as well. The zip file contains the tool and 21 camera hacks. Some can be used for getting nice closeups of skins.

preparation:
I recommend you create a temp folder to unzip all the files in. Also move the PARIS1.GMX.CLZ from the maps folder to your temp folder. Then use the UnCLZ to extract the PARIS1.GMX and Paris1.AWD from the CLZ file into your temp folder. My tool, camera data, and PARIS1.GMX must be in the same folder. Copy the AWD to the audio folder so you can hear audio in the game.

Modding the GMX:

Start my tool and the cam files should show up in the filelist box (if not oops). Single click a cam file and a preview will show on the right side of the form and a small description will show in the text box at the bottom of the form. If you want to use that camera then click on Command1. Done will appear in the text box when the mod is completed. Copy the modded GMX file into the games map folder and start the game.

Making camera mods:
Since this is a module based tool you can create your own modules but you must follow the strict program guidelines.
Each module must have 3 files:
1. the preview jpg (320x240)
2. the descriptive text file (keep it short)
3. the cam file
The first thing to do is copy all 3 files (any one of the cameras will do). For example make a copy of all 3 - CameraParis1-018 files and rename them to the next number in the sequence or start at a higher number for your own use like CameraParis1-518 (can't go above 999).
Then open the cam file in a HEX editor. There are 72 bytes make sure you end up with 72 bytes. The numbers are stored in 4 byte values for the most part. Just count the bytes by four to get each adjustment for instance cam 018's first set is 61 c5 28 c6. Changing C6 will send your camera off the map but you can get good results from changing c5. The first 2 (counting the first byte as 1 not 0 as in programming) are minor bytes and changes don't show as easily. If you continue sectioning off the 72 bytes by four you should be able to get some good results but be careful with that right most byte in each set. Byte 11 will adjust camera up or down. A byte of anything but zero in 69-72 will result in a locked camera. Byte 39 and 40 are your zoom factors. Good Luck.
Save the cam file Then start my tool and select your cam file. Nevermind for now the other 2 files are not correct. Click the command1 button and wait for the done. Copy the modded file to your map folder. Start the game; if this is good then get a screenshot, if not try again with another setting. Size the screenshot to 320x240 and save it over the copied one. Then open the copied text file and change the description.
Zip your cam,jpg, and txt files up and upload here for others to try.

Here is the zip:

http://www.spared-life.com/TombRaide...eraFunTool.zip

I just added another camera. This is over the sink. Try jumping up on the sink

http://www.spared-life.com/TombRaide.../Camera022.zip

AoD Skin Loader

Quote:
Ready Zac.

http://www.spared-life.com/LaraCroft...kinLoader.html

What it does:

This tool is what I use to load my custom skins (and yours). There are a few DDS files included as an example. They are saved with mips just like you would load any skin using my tool. The difference is adding the unique identifier to each skin.
Instead of "LaraC2.chr 1835568.dds" the identifier looks like this LaraC2.chr 1835568.025.dds in other words right after the offset number add a "." and any indentifier such as ZacMedleyCustomSkin0001 (or something shorter ).
Because of the identifier you can put all your skins in the CHAR folder and load as you want. Works with all CHR files but you may want to extract odd CHRs first to get the right offset and parameters. You can distribute this way but the new tool has to be used by whoever wants to use your skin. I have been using it just as a personal loader but there's no reason why everyone can't use it.

Use this with the camera hack tool for Paris1 and get some great custom skin screenshots.

http://www.spared-life.com/LaraCroft...ameraHack.html

To get a preview just take a screenshot of your skin and save as JPG with about 340x440 parameters.

Getting The Glasses on Lara

Quote:
First of all I would like to thank the ever so kind and helpful Catlantean and also Eidos for allowing me to post this mod. I could only post the saved games previously because in order to get the glasses all I could figure out to do was modify the EXE. Without the above mentioned help and the approval of Eidos all you would have got was the saved games.
I use TRAOD.exe which seems to be a lot more flexible than the other 2 EXEs so I have extensivly tested this modified EXE with and without the SCU. I can get the glasses in most cutscenes and use the SCU to level skip and keep the glasses. The glasses will not work when loading any saved game that was saved without the glasses but any saved game saved with the glasses will load with the glasses even without the modded EXE. Oh and that Kurtis guy isn't cool enough to use them

Be warned this is a modified EXE so backup, rename, or move the original before using. You can put it in the TRAOD folder (for TexMod) or the bin folder, I have tested it in both. Zac is trying to test the TRAOD_P3.exe but has been very busy lately and I have nobody to test the TRAOD_P4.exe so if anyone wants to test these before I post then let me know.

Without further delay I present the TRAOD.exe with sunglasses hack

http://www.spared-life.com/TombRaide...AOD-hacked.zip

I have been using this exe for a while now with no problems but be warned Eidos nor TombRaiderForums are responsible for anything that happens as a result of this mod, use at your own risk. Enjoy.

Edit: You will need to UnCLZ you Paris1.gmx.CLZ to get this to work at the begininng and most likely to rest of the CLZ files as you progress.
Copy the UnCLZ.exe program to your DATA/MAPS folder and drag/drop the Paris1.gmx.CLZ onto the EXE.

Attachments Tool

Quote:
I've started a photobucket album for the attachment tool

http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/Attachments/

Here's what it looks like:

Fixed download links.
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-14, 10:47   #128
TheShadowOfMe
Archaeologist

How to get double pistols? xD

Edit: Links are kinda dead :/

Last edited by TheShadowOfMe; 25-09-14 at 10:49.
TheShadowOfMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-14, 13:22   #129
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Theres a program called the AOD SCU which let's you have both the Pistols and Dual Scorpians
Old 25-09-14, 16:04   #130
TheShadowOfMe
Archaeologist

^ Thanks