Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 07-09-19, 11:20   #1
PinkyPromise

Default Post your ideal TR 2018 sequel!

Now that the sequel has been officially confirmed ... it's time to fantasize! I propose that each of us share our ideas ... who knows, maybe Ben can read us: P

1. Outfit:

I really like Alicia's outift in 2018. I just want the pants inside the boots, the backpack, the braid and the hair straps. I would like the classic Lara sunglasses too. Alicia would be beautiful.

2. Weapons:

Dual guns! Of course! I would also like the ice ax

3. Locations:

Venice would be great. Also the tibet. I think of an ice palace and it would be great.

4. Characters:

-Winston: I think Winston would be perfect. The great counselor Lara needs and the father she has lost.
-Ana: I want from her something similar to Javier Bardem in Skyfall. A dangerous and complicated enemy.
-I would love a character who was a professor at the University of Lara. He could question Lara as an archeologist. He could put bad marks on her because she really only studies archeology for her father and not for herself. He could push Lara to really discover that she loves archeology. He could be a refuted archeologist like Roth/Werner Mix.
-Lu Ren: I like Lu Ren and I want him to come back as Lara's partner. A better developed kind of Jonah.

5. Enemies:

-Soldiers of the trinity: they would give great shootings
-Animals: I would love the figure of some animal. Lara against nature ... a Bear, jaguar or something like that would be great
-Supernatural enemies: I would like some living statue or some monster inside the Tomb. It is the soul of TR
-A member of trinity like Hinx in Specter ... large, size like The Rock

6. Plot (short, please):

It has been 2 years since TR 2018. Lara studies in Oxford the archeology career while she closely follows Ana's activities. She is a celebrity at the University (she found Yamatai!) But the most admired professor questions Lara. He doesn't take her seriously. He thinks he does everything for his father.

She discovers that Ana has hired an archaeologist to look for something in the great wall. Lara follows him, finds the temple but is defeated by a member of the Trinity. A giant man. Lara almost dies ... She returns to London and she becomes obsessed with training in the mansion to beat this men. Winston worried calls Lu Ren. Lu Ren returns and he tries to convince Lara to forget everything and she focuses on studies.

Lara discovers that Ana has discovered something important with the artifact of China and Ana travels to a place to find what she is looking for along with an army of the trinity. Lara and Lu Ren follow her. They will face animals, a huge tomb and many surprises.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 08-09-19 at 12:15.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 17:58   #2
Portugalraider

Well, I will start with the plot, and my personal preference would be for a RotTR-inspired movie. Not an adaptation, something akin to what the 2018 movie was to the 2013 game (same "young Lara in first adventure-gone-wrong in Yamatai" concept, but with a completely new story) but with an actually good story and script this time. For RotTR, I think that general concept would be "Lara against Ana and Trinity for the secrets of Kitezh". But regardless of game adaptation, game inspired, or completely new, there are a few things I do want (besides a good story):
  • A complex relationship between Lara and Ana, both clearly on opposite sides, angry and/or hurt at each other, but somehow still caring for each other
  • Lara as an actual archaeologist (maybe all this Trinity stuff made her realise her true passions)
  • Lara's motivation definitely not being Richard (for example, not being about "you killed my father" or "we Crofts have jobs to do", but more in lines of "you manipulated me all these years: bitch, I'll murder you now!" or something more about Lara herself

Everything else I don't really care that much, as long as the movie is good.

Okay, I do want a resourceful Lara, that uses a whole arsenal of weapons and equipment, which include the duals of course (but definitely not limited to just the duals). And I want them to keep the more human side of Lara, that cares for her allies, that gets hurt, frustrated, and sometimes scared. But obviously, without compromising her badass side. Think "Top Cow" Lara, "Reboot comics" Lara. Or in other words, like Alicia's Lara already was, but now with more experience and maturity.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 07-09-19 at 18:08.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 21:43   #3
Jen_TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Now that the sequel has been officially confirmed ... it's time to fantasize! I propose that each of us share our ideas ... who knows, maybe Ben can read us: P

1. Outfit:

I really like Alicia's outift in 2018. I just want the pants inside the boots, the backpack, the braid and the hair straps. I would like the classic Lara sunglasses too. Alicia would be beautiful.

2. Weapons:

Dual guns! Of course! I would also like the ice ax

3. Locations:

Venice would be great. Also the tibet. I think of an ice palace and it would be great.

4. Characters:

-Winston: I think Winston would be perfect. The great counselor Lara needs and the father she has lost.
-Ana: I want from her something similar to Javier Bardem in Skyfall. A dangerous and complicated enemy.
-I would love a character who was a professor at the University of Lara. He could question Lara as an archeologist. He could put bad marks on her because she really only studies archeology for her father and not for herself. He could push Lara to really discover that she loves archeology. He could be a refuted archeologist like Roth/Werner Mix.
-Lu Ren: I like Lu Ren and I want him to come back as Lara's partner. A better developed kind of Jonah.

5. Enemies:

-Soldiers of the trinity: they would give great shootings
-Animals: I would love the figure of some animal. Lara against nature ... a Bear, jaguar or something like that would be great
-Supernatural enemies: I would like some living statue or some monster inside the Tomb. It is the soul of TR
-A member of trinity like Hinx in Specter ... large, size like The Rock

6. Plot (short, please):

It has been 2 years since TR 2018. Lara studies in Oxford the archeology career while she closely follows Ana's activities. She is a celebrity at the University (she found Yamatai!) But the most admired professor questions Lara. He doesn't take her seriously. He thinks he does everything for his father.

She discovers that Ana has hired an archaeologist to look for something in the great wall. Lara follows him, finds the temple but is defeated by a member of the Trinity. A giant man. Lara almost dies ... She returns to London and she becomes obsessed with training in the mansion to beat this men. Winston worried calls Lu Ren. Lu Ren returns and he tries to convince Lara to forget everything and she focuses on studies.

Lara discovers that Ana has discovered something important with the artifact of Mexico and Ana travels to a place to find what she is looking for along with an army of the trinity. Lara and Lu Ren follow her. They will face animals, a huge grave and many surprises.

I like your plot idea a lot!
Jen_TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 23:18   #4
_Seth

My ideals.
  • Keep Lu Ren, and keep their relationship as strictly a platonic friendship, something which is incredibly refreshing to see.
  • Do not introduce shaky cam.
  • Reintroduce the grandiose, sweeping camera establishing shots, à la Cradle of Life. I want the camera to fly into locations to show off scope and awe, paired with excellent music.
  • Ensure a score that is strong on melodies, and as prominent and effective as if it's another character in the film. (So get rid of Junkie XL and his bland, unmoving, ineffective work.)
  • Keep the outfit from the previous film, just equip it with dual holsters and the long, dual hairband braid.
  • Take zero inspiration from the mediocrity of the reboot game's story and dialogue.
  • End the Trinity thing with no cliffhanger. If this is to be a continuous film series, each film should be a new open and closed book. This will ensure longevity where any newcomer and jump into any film. See: James Bond.
  • Use practical effects where possible. When and if CGI is absolutely required, do not use the lowest bidding company to produce the work, as was suspected in the previous film.
  • Do not shy away from darkness and shock factor.
  • Introduce some genuine fear factor. It can be a hard PG-13, which still allows frightening scenes of peril and for minimal blood. I don't require for it to be R, which would only give way for swearing and OTT blood, of which both is unnecessary.
  • None or minimal parental drama. The Ana situation could be good, but once it's over it needs to be fully gone forever.

Last edited by _Seth; 02-05-20 at 13:58.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 23:24   #5
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

My wishlist that probably won't happen, but here goes:

- Brand new story where the writer/ director can take creative liberties, no following ROTTR or SOTTR

- Keep side characters to a minimum and not there too often, Lara should be solo adventuring most of the time

- Dual pistols

- Dinosaurs or fantastical creatures

- Focus on a powerful artifact instead of Lara's personal life

- Keep Lara's personality along the lines of the 2018 movie, she was great

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 07-09-19 at 23:25.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 21:04   #6
Tomb Raidering

Probably will not be taken seriously:

• Dual Pistols (and a Shotgun cameo )

• Ice Ax

• Sometime Braid/Sometimes Ponytail

• Could be an adaptation of ROTTR with hints of SOTTR towards the end

• A Jacob-like character

• Hostile hidden-city villagers (unlike the Remnants)

• Memorable set-pieces from ROTTR

• Siberia Expedition & Desert Tank top (a must imo)

• Croft Manor with life

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 08-09-19 at 21:26.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 12:40   #7
Rai

I don't have much in the way of wishes for the sequel, but I can give a few small preferences.

Outfit: I'm not overly bothered but location and weather permitting, I'd like the Syria outfit or a colour variant, maybe to make it closer to classic. Ponytail or plait, I don't mind.

They introduced the pistols so I wouldn't mind seeing them. If appropriate, I would like the bow or at the very least, the ice axe to keep some ties to the reboot.

Characters: Ana, is very likely, but a proper explanation and character arc is required, let's not waste Kristin Scott Thomas's talent; Lu Ren; a return of Sophie, but it's less likely unless they attempt to retain Lara's ties to her London life; I'd like another game character cameo, from any era.

I'd definitely like more supernatural references, even if it's an artefact that can't be explained.

Location and plot: honestly don't mind. If they are inspired by game locations such as Siberia or Mexico or Peru, they need to do it properly. Yamatai was downsized and made far too bland.

Most importantly, I don't want to lose the reboot Lara character inspiration/ interpretation. So this:
Quote:
And I want them to keep the more human side of Lara, that cares for her allies, that gets hurt, frustrated, and sometimes scared. But obviously, without compromising her badass side. Think "Top Cow" Lara, "Reboot comics" Lara. Or in other words, like Alicia's Lara already was, but now with more experience and maturity.

Last edited by Rai; 09-09-19 at 12:47.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 12:44   #8
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I don't have much in the way of wishes for the sequel, but I can give a few small preferences.

Outfit: I'm not overly bothered but location and weather permitting, I'd like the Syria outfit or a colour variant, maybe to make it closer to classic. Ponytail or plait, I don't mind.

They introduced the pistols so I wouldn't mind seeing them. If appropriate, I would like the bow of at the very least, the ice axe to keep some ties to the reboot.

Characters: Ana, is very likely, but a proper explanation and character arc is required, let's not waste Kristin Scott Thomas's talent; Lu Ren; a return of Sophie, but it's less likely unless they attempt to retain Lara's ties to her London life; I'd like another game character cameo, from any era.

I'd definitely like more supernatural references, even if it's an artefact that can't be explained.

Location and plot: honestly don't mind. If they are inspired by game locations such as Siberia or Mexico or Peru, they need to do it properly. Yamatai was downsized and made far too bland.

Most importantly, I don't want to lose the reboot Lara character inspiration/ interpretation. So this:
This is basically all I’m wanting.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 14:01   #9
Tonyrobinson

Outfit:

I've thought about this and I'd like to see Lara's outfit from Shadow be adapted for the screen, not her main default but the one she wore during the opening scenes with the brown button up shirt and cargo trousers. I think it will be very flattering on her. In terms of hairstyle I don't really have a preference but I'd like to see the ponytail or braid. Nothing too drastically different.

Obviously if she's in a winter environment then something appropriate there too, Lara should dress appropriate depending on her situation.

Weapons:

Dual pistols, they're part of the iconography moreso than the braid or backpack. I'd love them to make a comeback and it makes sense giving the ending of the first film.

Locations:

I would prefer a Mayan location like Shadow but I want a more tropical climate for the jungle scenes if they include any, I'll also take Egypt or Greece, something really ancient with great mythology.

I wouldn't mind a snowy setting if they wanted to do Rise and it would make a striking different appearance on screen, or if they wanted to explore ancient England and the gothic architecture of it then I would also be open to that, something more visually interesting than the surroundings of the first film.

Character:

Lara, Lu Ren, Winston and perhaps another supporting female because the first film was criticised for the lack of female interaction.

Enemies:

Ana. I want her to be the sole enemy, we've never had a female antagonist in a Tomb Raider movie so let her be the main big bad and not have any other males take that away from her. I want a layered relationship between her and Lara, when you have two of the worlds greatest dramatic actresses in your movie you need to utilise their talents. Walton Goggins was a great actor that got wasted in the first film.

Plot:

Keep the story simple, good action, survival elements, have Lara kick ass, some sort of supernatural element and a macguffin. If they are adapting the games I'd prefer Shadow over Rise, partly because elements from Rise were included in the first film and I think the Mayan setting would be more interesting.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 09-09-19 at 14:02.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 14:13   #10
Rai

Yes! I love that blouse outfit. It would look great on Alicia -Lara. It's very adventurey.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote