Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 01-10-20, 20:34   #111
ggctuk

Jamie Foxx will be 'reprising' his role of Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, in MCU Spider-Man 3.

Source

(NOTE: he is likely not playing that exact same character, it's most likely the same deal as JK Simmons - same actor, different iteration)
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 15:12   #112
bublehed

I saw a video theorizing that Electro coming back could be something multi-verse related with all previous villians' iterations forming the Sinister Six, but if it's just the same character and not the same iteration then my dreams of having all three Peters in one movie are shattered.

And it seemed really believable too with Raimi coming on to direct Doctor Strange 2.

Maybe we'll get Miles though?

Last edited by bublehed; 03-10-20 at 15:16.
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 01:25   #113
Tonyrobinson

Am I the only person who couldn't care less that Black Widow is getting a solo movie? It seems like people were wanting one for years but I find the character and her portrayal so bland.

In my opinion Marvel has excelled better when they make more experimental films like Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Guardians. The whole espionage thing they do with Winter Soldier and Civil War never really drew me in like it did the majority of people.

I'm looking more forward to Eternals and their version of X-Men. Specifically the latter because the X-Men is my favourite comic and superhero film franchise. I don't think we will see anything again like Logan or First Class but I would love to see their films reach the Days of Future Past/X2 calibre.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 06:47   #114
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Am I the only person who couldn't care less that Black Widow is getting a solo movie? It seems like people were wanting one for years but I find the character and her portrayal so bland.

In my opinion Marvel has excelled better when they make more experimental films like Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Guardians. The whole espionage thing they do with Winter Soldier and Civil War never really drew me in like it did the majority of people.

I'm looking more forward to Eternals and their version of X-Men. Specifically the latter because the X-Men is my favourite comic and superhero film franchise. I don't think we will see anything again like Logan or First Class but I would love to see their films reach the Days of Future Past/X2 calibre.
I think the deal was that people were upset that there was only one woman in the Avengers, and she was one of the characters who didn't really matter and hadn't had a solo movie. It's the principle of the thing.

You're right, she's not actually that interesting a character if we're being honest and if we look at it without the context. In the comics, she has exactly one storyline: There was a person she either killed or didn't kill back when she was evil, that had unforeseen consequences, and now she must tie up loose ends and be sad about her past.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-20, 00:33   #115
Tonyrobinson

I've had issues with a lot of the female MCU characters being a bit bland to be honest thank God it's changed for the better Hela, Gamora, Mantis and Nebula are great and Wandavision seems to be making Scarlet Witch more interesting.

I can't wait to they start bringing Storm into the MCU.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 14-10-20 at 17:03.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-20, 09:08   #116
ggctuk

Doctor Strange will be the mentor figure for Peter Parker in Spider-Man 3.

SOURCE

This is interesting because there's a comicbook plot involving Strange casting a spell to make everybody forget that Peter was Spider-Man. Aside from the implications of the multiverse here, I'm wondering if that will be in the film.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 03:06   #117
bublehed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bublehed View Post
I saw a video theorizing that Electro coming back could be something multi-verse related with all previous villians' iterations forming the Sinister Six, but if it's just the same character and not the same iteration then my dreams of having all three Peters in one movie are shattered.
These theories/rumors have been given even more credence with the recent reports of Tobey, Andrew, Kirsten, and Alfred possibly returning for Spider-Man 3!
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-20, 00:42   #118
Ashnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I actually have a bit of the opposite opinion. I dreaded Dr. Strange and am actually unhappy with the inclusion of magic in the MCU. It was difficult enough for me to take Thor seriously as a character, and outright magic is challenging for me in a setting like this.

I mean, yes, the science of the MCU is laughable, I acknowledge that. Throwing magic into the mix just makes me ask the question of what are magic's limitations? Why can sorcerers and sorceresses do the things they are capable? Where does the power come from? It's more difficult for me to accept that these shadowy, magic organizations exist and they've essentially hoarded the knowledge and that you don't frequently just have people who luck into the power or tap into it in times of stress and that nobody knows about it. That it isn't commonplace.

Black Panther is also challenging for me, but for other reason. I loved Chadwick Boseman in the role. I loved pretty much the entire cast. The narrative loses me in the final half of the film and I'm left with kind of an eeeeh feeling...

And Guardians is such an unexpected success. It has every reason not to work as both a premise and a narrative, but the cast just nailed it. And I appreciated that they didn't even bother trying to explain away how absurd it was. Yes, all of this is like a week's worth of fever dreams, but just go with it.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 02:38   #119
crowhazard

Anyone here tuning into WandaVision? Fairly surprised so far as to how much I’ve been enjoying it. The sitcom structure is fairly novel to the MCU, but they’ve managed to nail a healthy balance of comedy and intrigue, which is awesome. Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are smashing it so far.
crowhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 11:18   #120
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhazard View Post
Anyone here tuning into WandaVision? Fairly surprised so far as to how much I’ve been enjoying it. The sitcom structure is fairly novel to the MCU, but they’ve managed to nail a healthy balance of comedy and intrigue, which is awesome. Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are smashing it so far.
I started watching it this weekend. I'm very curious to see where this is going. It's definitely very different from the rest of the MCU. And I agree with you about it balancing pretty well the comedy and the intrigue. And of course, the cast is brilliant! ♥
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote