Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 18-02-19, 19:21   #11
Nemo_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Just finished reading Into Thin Air, about the 1996 Everest disaster.

I gotta say, reading this gave me a deep appreciation for TR13. The book is an adventure-survival story and while I was reading it, I kept thinking "Reminds me of reboot." The game really nails the whole realistic adventure tone.
I've heard about this book, seems pretty interesting. I really want to read more nonfiction.

I'm reading Doctor Sleep, the sequel to The Shining. Loving it, can't wait for the movie.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-19, 23:31   #12
TrustyBow

Let me know how Doctor Sleep is when you're done! I'm a big horror fan but I haven't read much King.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 18:11   #13
Nemo_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Let me know how Doctor Sleep is when you're done! I'm a big horror fan but I haven't read much King.
I loved it! Probably one of the best sequels I've read in a long time. It's very different from The Shining but I found it very unputdownable, lol. Gave it 5/5 stars.

I actually haven't read that much King either. So far I've read:
- Doctor Sleep
- The Shining
- Carrie
- Salem's Lot
- It
- Bag of Bones
- The Talisman

I plan to read a lot more by him. I'll definitely read Pet Sematary sometime soon.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 19:17   #14
TrustyBow

Reading The Plague by Camus. This guy is becoming one of my favorite writers. I read the Stranger last year and that became my favorite book of all time. Now I'm about a third through the Plague and I can already tell it's gonna be another favorite.
Old 17-03-19, 21:42   #15
Cat Woman

My friend read 1) The Scarlet Letter. - it was a challenge to read as it was written in the way they spoke back then, but an enjoyable read. We both enjoyed the movie, filmed in Nova Scotia, Canada, staring Demi Moore. 2) The Red Badge of Courage - enjoyable war story. I prefer the world’s #1 bestselling writer James Paterson’s crime books.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-19, 12:28   #16
Linoshi Croft

I am currently reading the The Owlmen by Sarah England. This book should be everything I love, but I dunno I'm just not getting into it as much as I hoped. The characters aren't anywhere near as developed as they should be, and the writing style just isn't too my taste. Also, I often find certain story aspects are casually glossed over, when they'd certainly benefit from further explanation.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 21-03-19 at 12:30.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-19, 14:46   #17
TrustyBow

Reading Dune at the moment. Man is the size of this book (750+) intimidating. It's a pretty smooth read so far though. Was able to get past 70 pages yesterday in under an hour. I'm gonna try to finish by the end of the week but that may be a bit difficult.
Old 08-05-19, 06:21   #18
HarleyCroft

Tonight I read Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Firestorm by Greg Keyes.
It changed me. I've read it three times within the past year and I still find new things within it ♡
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 21:31   #19
Robwood

I haven't read anything lately; I've been too busy writing. I've got a novel I'm working on for publication. However, if anyone would like a selection...

1. Sherlock Holmes: The Whitechapel Horrors, by Edward B. Hanna--Holmes takes on the case of Jack the Ripper.
2. Enemies and Allies, by Kevin J. Anderson--Superman and Batman crossover during the 1940s.
3. Common Sense, by Thomas Paine--A pamphlet advocating independence from Great Britain to people in the Thirteen Colonies.
4. The Secret History of the World, by Mark Booth--It will open your mind to new concepts and makes for a great bedtime story, but I wouldn't take it seriously if I were you.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 10:18   #20
AlexyLC
Inactive

Last book I read was The Woman in the Window and it was nice. They're making a movie now.
And I just ordered The Chalk Man.
AlexyLC is offline   Reply With Quote