Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 18-01-21, 06:02   #11
Avalon SARL

What on Earth is going on here; this whole idea of making Lara Croft a next door girl has really ruined the whole concept of who Lara Croft really is.

Lara is a unique role model; she can be caring and loving person, but she is out of social norms and society traditions.

There are lots of men and women who do not really care to become parents; Lara is one of those.
She has her own ambitions, her love for adventure, acquiring ancient artefacts and knowing her love for danger will definitely endanger people close to her, she definitely never thinks of having a child.

She is obsessed about Tomb Raiding she does not give a **** if she even had sex, even if she flirted; it is the last thing that comes to her mind. There are lots of people like this in the world; it is nothing new.

Why can't Lara be someone like that, since this is how she was perceived in the first place

Stop giving CD these ideas, they will be more glad to include them in their future games for the evolution of this cliché, non-cool next door rebooted character.

Last edited by Avalon SARL; 18-01-21 at 06:04.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 07:27   #12
Guy N. Cognito

Surgery of the Tomb Raider

Lara Croft is called by Jacqueline Natla to search a misterious artefact called Scion. Before going on her adventure, she takes an appointment to a surger because she wants a sexy body, but the doctor makes a mistake: Lara hasn't got big boobs, but a manly body. Firstly she gets angry with him and cries. He promises her that at the end of the game, Lara have to return to him to correct the error. But, during the adventure, she will accept "himself" and at the end she marries Sam.

COMING SOON

Last edited by tlr online; 18-01-21 at 11:16. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
Guy N. Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 07:48   #13
FanosCroft

i would simp
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 08:21   #14
Blackmoor

I agree they need to shake up the story but switching Lara for Lara's son won't make things more interesting, it's the stories they write for Lara that need changing.

Yeah.... if there was just one thing I could tell the developers that they could hear it's this:

Your stories aren't interesting enough and Lara herself isn't as interesting as she should be.

Her father / mother storyline is dull. And so is Jonah.

Ditto, Trinity confrontations x 100

It's like they know it's not exciting enough. Look at Shadow's trailer....... they knew that was more gripping than the actual story. And look at the original idea for TR2013 of sacrificing someone.... which would have been explosively interesting.

Fgs, just do something original and daring. And get a better voice actor for Lara.

*Groan*
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 08:25   #15
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelcoswold View Post
I'd rather jump into traffic then deal with the series as it currently is. They need to make a new fork in the story and let some other character creations take over. Lara is a good character, but she is played out and getting boring in every series.
And that is your idea of fixing the problem?
I heard some stupid **** during the years here but this one takes the cake.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 09:30   #16
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelcoswold View Post
I understand that Nathan Drake is comparable to a male Lara Croft, but why can't they make a version of Lara having a son,
I stopped reading at 'Lara having a son'.

I don't understand this whole let's make Lara a parent some (very few) people want...

A - Let us enjoy Lara as a self sufficient treasure hunter - no need to her to have sexual relations, kids or bla bla bla.
B - The last thing we want is more family drama.

Last edited by RAID; 18-01-21 at 09:32.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 11:07   #17
Jamise_Croft

Delete his thread
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 11:09   #18
pitchtheripoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
Delete his thread
period
pitchtheripoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 11:43   #19
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
And that is your idea of fixing the problem?
I heard some stupid **** during the years here but this one takes the cake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
Delete his thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchtheripoff View Post
period
Now come on people, you can do better than this rudeness. If you don't agree with a topic, you have a couple of options: reply with your differing opinions, keeping it respectful, or just don't post.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 11:47   #20
killchan

Exactly.

Think of the current state of the franchise and ask to yourself if you should really be surprised that some people even come up with these questions.

I've even seen people over PCGamer (I think) welcome the idea of different tomb raiders (as in , different persons) for each area of the world, because Lara Croft is inherently colonialist.

Real talk, the next RLara teaser game can't come soon enough.
And I'll be there for the meltdown from those who believe that more RLara is what the audience want to see after 3 games of which marketing was mostly CLara tease.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote