Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 15-03-10, 11:55   #11
Black Thorn
Inactive

Since this looks like a general bug thread, I figured it would be better to post this here: beetles, locusts and the new fishes flocks do not react to the lightning of the room.
I have a feeling that it is an age-old limitation of the original engine instead of a new bug, but I'm not very sure.
I just noticed that because the level I'm (trying to) build has a dark underwater cavern and the fishes floating in there look like they just swallowed neon light-bulbs :/
Black Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 12:19   #12
Titak

Could indeed be an old TRLE bug.

For now you could darken the textures of the fish.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 17:19   #13
Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
^
Ah! I thought it was just me, having forgotten how to work with flame-emitters.
But it actually is the other way around now.

We'll keep this thread then Raymond.
But I still think it is best that you will still be the only one collecting the info and sending it to Paolone.

I've stickied the thread for now, to see how it goes.
Yes, letīs see, how it goes.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 17:26   #14
Piega

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor32 View Post
If you have the 2.1 version /latest/ you should rotate then, so the square part of the flame in the direction you want to make Lara burn

I had this, I tought it was a bug
A MILLION thanks!!! Now I wont have to delete my stacked rooms and I can add my bling bling to the level Saves me a lot of work! They do work when you rotate. This is a strange fault though but I guess it will be corrected in the nearby future
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-10, 12:33   #15
Laras Boyfr.

oh glad that this thread is going well

i wanted to mention a limitation which i only noticed a week before.
its nothing special but it would be more realistic.
the matter is when lara swims underwater she can change the direction only 90'.
so she can swim just 180'.but i want that she can swim in all directions I want so Lara can make vertical swim circles without swimming to the right or the left.
its something little but its a realistic feature so it would be helpful i think.
anyway if i hope you understand what i mean...
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-10, 12:42   #16
Titak

It's always been like that: Lara can't swim vertical circles because she can't swim upside down.
So it sounds to me like you would have to make a new animation in which she can swim in a vertical circle.

Or maybe I didn't understand right...
Old 20-03-10, 12:51   #17
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
It's always been like that: Lara can't swim vertical circles because she can't swim upside down.
So it sounds to me like you would have to make a new animation in which she can swim in a vertical circle.

Or maybe I didn't understand right...
you did unerstand but i think animations are right.
the matter is that when lara is facing 90' vertically up
and u press ALT+DOWN she wont swim anymore to that direction but will swim just forward.
this happens also when she swims downwards.
i think i has to do smth with the engine
Old 02-04-10, 20:24   #18
Laras Boyfr.

Default Suggestions

Here are some bugs and suggestions.feel free to comment and tell ur opinion

-Copying some slot behaviour to another slot, and replace its behaviour.
For example: Double Magnums in the Sixshooter slot by setting up the pistols behaviour for them.
-Allow Lara to swim in form of vertical circles underwater without changing the direction
-New enemies converted from old TR games:
Centaur (TR1),Dragon (TR2) and maybe some other venician baddies from TR2.
-a new add_effect script command:ADD_SPRITE
working like other addeffects,but you can specify the sprite number for the effect in the script command.
-Fix the flipeffect Lara Swap meshes:the new meshes werent remapped properly ingame,although it had been in strpix.
-Fix the "Retexture Object " tool in Ngcenter:
an error prevents it from continuing everytime you load a .dxf file.
-new feature for objects with shine:
instead of the old shine sprite, an object could be assigned a new sprite number.
in this way you could simulate the golden shotgun and silver mini smgs from TRA,each reflecting in another way (another sprite)
a syntax example:

Customize=CUST_SHINE,object slot,sprite number

a concrete example :

Customize=CUST_SHINE,ANIMATING_3,15
(where 15 is the number of the sprite)

-a script command which let the player to get several pickup items by going through them like in jump n run games(no animation,no key pressed)

syntax example:

Customize=CUST_PICKUP,object slots (divided by +),

a concrete example:

Customize=CUST_PICKUP,UZI_AMMO_ITEM+SHOTGUN_AMMO1_ ITEM+SIXSHOOTER_AMMO_ITEM

-enabling of a trigger animation for the rope,so a grapling gun would be possible in TRLE

-raising the numbers of ropes possible in a level.

-changing the length of the rope for a specific object ingame.also enable changing the sprite used for a specific rope

syntax example:

Customize=CUST_ROPE,Object Id in map,Rope length in blocks,sprite number

concrete example:

Customize=CUST_ROPE,495,10,16

-2 new Condition Parameters in NGLE:
Effect: The object (x)has been assigned an (y) addeffect.

Effect: The object (x)hasnt been assigned yet an addeffect.

-Enable the using of the mouse

syntax example:

Customize:CUST_MOUSE,mouse flags,leftclickgamecommand,rightclickgamecommand,
wheelclickgamecommand

the flags could be:
MF_ROTATE_CAMERA enable dynamic rotating of the camera with the mouse

MF_SCROLL_WEAPONS enable changing of weapons with the mouse wheel
Old 02-04-10, 22:46   #19
Symsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. View Post
Here are some bugs and suggestions.feel free to comment and tell ur opinion

-Allow Lara to swim in form of vertical circles underwater without changing the direction
I fail to see the point why Lara should swim upside down. Could you clarify it with some situations where it's needed?

Quote:
For the baddies you only need some meshswap triggers in TRNG, but a non-tricked Dragon would be ... awWwwW *dreams*

Quote:
-Fix the flipeffect Lara Swap meshes:the new meshes werent remapped properly ingame,although it had been in strpix.
It works fine for me, if the vertices are the same for the base outfit. Except for the left (?) ellbow, even the textures of this skin joint had to be the same to connect properly. But I tested this in an older version.

For the rest, there are some good suggestions, but some things need just a workaround like the falling rope.
Symsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 08:43   #20
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. View Post
I still don't know why you would want Lara to swim upside down. I see no use for this.

Quote:
Could be a good one. Most old enemies that have been converted to work with the LE seem to have flaws and don't work exactly like the original enemie.

Quote:
-a new add_effect script command:ADD_SPRITE
working like other addeffects,but you can specify the sprite number for the effect in the script command.
Sounds like you could do some interesting things with this. But how would you implement it? I mean, if just that specified sprite appears, all I see in my mind now is a sprite image stuck onto the object. No movement or changes whatsoever, like with the mist or flames effects. That would look odd.
See, with the flame addeffect for example you can see something happening, the effect looks "alive" so to speak.

Not sure how to explain this...

Quote:
-new feature for objects with shine:
instead of the old shine sprite, an object could be assigned a new sprite number.
in this way you could simulate the golden shotgun and silver mini smgs from TRA,each reflecting in another way (another sprite)
a syntax example:

Customize=CUST_SHINE,object slot,sprite number

a concrete example :

Customize=CUST_SHINE,ANIMATING_3,15
(where 15 is the number of the sprite)
It would indeed be nice to give different objects different sorts of shine.

Quote:
-a script command which let the player to get several pickup items by going through them like in jump n run games(no animation,no key pressed)

syntax example:

Customize=CUST_PICKUP,object slots (divided by +),

a concrete example:

Customize=CUST_PICKUP,UZI_AMMO_ITEM+SHOTGUN_AMMO1_ ITEM+SIXSHOOTER_AMMO_ITEM
Why?
It is very odd if Lara simply runs over something and then it magically appears in her inventory. Lara has to do all sorts of things to make her way through a level but then she does not pick stuff up (perform the animation I mean)?

Btw, I'm sure you can achieve this effect already with either a fragmented trigger or a "when touching the object" trigger. You then triger the pickup item to become invisible or move into the floor and then you use the "add to inventory" flipeffect to add the object to Lara's inventory.

Quote:
-enabling of a trigger animation for the rope,so a grapling gun would be possible in TRLE
Doesn't the rope fall down already?
I thought I saw that happening once...

Quote:
-changing the length of the rope for a specific object ingame.also enable changing the sprite used for a specific rope
Changing the sprite for a specific rope would be great too. That way you can have different kinds of ropes in one level. One looks like a rope, another like chains, yet another like vines.