Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 13-07-20, 07:42   #1
NicNamSam

Default Weird timed behavior with trigger triggerers

Hello, in my level I want to do a kinda silly thing where you must stand on square 1 to trigger a helicopter to rise up, square 2 for that helicopter to fly forward a bit, and square 3 for it to blow up a tree underneath it. I've made the helicopter animations myself. You must step on the squares in that order so the helicopter doesn't fly through the wall.

in square 1, I have:

Pad [ActionNG] for the helicopter, Force (E) animation (0-31) for <#>object (A15) - Activate the first rising animation for the helicopter

Pad [Object] for TRIGGER_TRIGGERER - activates the trigger triggerer over square 2

In square 2, I have the same thing, except for the next animation and the trigger tiggerer for square 3.

In square 3, I have:

Pad [FlipEffect], Statics. Explosion. Explosion of <&> static (F180) of the tree object.

Basically, you hit square 1, 2, and 3 in that order and the tree blows up. For now, it's primitive and the helicopter is actually superfluous to the actual function behind the explosion of the tree.

However, there is something with the behavior of the Force animation ActionNG that disables the triggers on the squares after a mysterious amount of seconds. If even one square has the ActionNG on it, if I wait a few seconds too many before stepping on the next square, that square won't work (whether it's square 1 or 2). If I don't delay, it works fine. If I remove the ActionNGs from all the squares, I can wait for as long as I want, and as long as I step on them in order, the appropriate things happen.

Does anyone know why this is?
NicNamSam is offline   Reply With Quote