Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 17-09-22, 23:15   #1
Elmer

Default Is it possible to beat the game only using the bow?

Hi everyone,

I just began my first playthrough of Tomb Raider (2013) today. I did play a tiny snippet of it when it came out, but I didn't even get the bow yet before I lost interest Now I intend to keep at it, and to make it more engaging, I will try to beat the game using the bow as my only weapon. This was going quite well until I encountered the riot shield guy and now I'm in doubt. Is it possible to beat him with the bow? And more in general, are there enemies that you can't beat with the bow?

Edit 1: the riot shield guys are actually quite beatable. I was probably just tired when I tried it last night. They also have a tendency to blow themselves up, which is helpful. I also found the answer to my general question, — it is possible, except that sometimes the use of another weapon is scripted, other than that you can always use the bow — so this thread is no longer needed

Edit 2: In area 18, Solarii Fortress, you have to use the grenade-launcher to kill a machine gunner at the end of the level. I haven't found a way around this.

Last edited by Elmer; 03-10-22 at 21:18.
Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 15:19   #2
CircusBabysGal

Its a shame there are no replys in this thread, but I wish you good luck trying this on your own! Would love to hear more updates
I know the boss fight at the end forces you to use a weapon other than the bow and since this is your first playthrough I wont spoil so good luck x
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-22, 12:11   #3
ThatSassyKid

Yeah I don't usually run other weapons aside from the times it forces you to fire off a gun when you first get it or like using the shotgun to break those wooden blockages.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 03:39   #4
Delroj

i finished the whole game (except qtes with guns) it is posible if you jump and hide a lot, i didn't even use piolet ,only the bow
Delroj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-22, 12:08   #5
Maotao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
Hi everyone,

I just began my first playthrough of Tomb Raider (2013) today. I did play a tiny snippet of it when it came out, but I didn't even get the bow yet before I lost interest Now I intend to keep at it, and to make it more engaging, I will try to beat the game using the bow as my only weapon. This was going quite well until I encountered the riot shield guy and now I'm in doubt. Is it possible to beat him with the bow? And more in general, are there enemies that you can't beat with the bow?

Edit 1: the riot shield guys are actually quite beatable. I was probably just tired when I tried it last night. They also have a tendency to blow themselves up, which is helpful. I also found the answer to my general question, — it is possible, except that sometimes the use of another weapon is scripted, other than that you can always use the bow — so this thread is no longer needed

Edit 2: In area 18, Solarii Fortress, you have to use the grenade-launcher to kill a machine gunner at the end of the level. I haven't found a way around this.
I think it's possible
Maotao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 22:41   #6
killchan

Outside of some scripted sequences it's entirely possible.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 20:12   #7
jeffrey van oort

The ending is with duel guns.
You cannot finish without them.
I am going to say no.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 23:43   #8
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey van oort View Post
The ending is with duel guns.
You cannot finish without them.
I am going to say no.

Yes there are few scripted sections which forces the player to use another weapon, such as the shotgun or axes. The OP has mentioned a few already that they've encountered. So, really the question should be whether it is possible to play the rest of the game other than scripted moments using just the bow. I think it is possible with practice and you use the environment against the enemies, such as using arrows to blow up barrels etc. The scripted fights are usually boss-like enemies, though there are too many, imo.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote