Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 24-11-22, 01:59   #161
NikkySan

Will some changes like these be possible in a future revision?

- TR1 & 2’s shotgun (I never liked TR3’s shotgun design)
- The beta sprinting animation
- The beta sound effect for the pistols firing or even TR2’s pistol sound effect since it’s used in the cutscenes?
- TR5’s ability to flip out of crawl spaces?

Last edited by NikkySan; 24-11-22 at 02:00.
NikkySan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 03:10   #162
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkySan View Post

- The beta sprinting animation
- The beta sound effect for the pistols firing or even TR2’s pistol sound effect since it’s used in the cutscenes?
- TR5’s ability to flip out of crawl spaces?
All of your requests involve editing the level files individually, and main.sfx. this tomb3 overhaul doesnt involve changes to the level files.

1. You could replace the tr3 shotgun mesh with TR1s - again on each level file (tedious)
2. You could extract the beta sprint animation and replace it into the level files, also very tedious
3. A few tools out there to edit contents of main.sfx (tr3s entire sound effect base) not so tedious as youd only need to edit it once.
4. I imagine the crawlspace flip would not be able to be back ported to tr3 (I could be wrong)
Even so, youd have to edit each level file.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 24-11-22 at 03:11.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 11:18   #163
Feder

I have noticed that the object flickering problem of TR3 was reduced notably I know it makes no difference on the original game, but to us, level builders, this is a dream come true. Since it's not being listed on the improovements, I thought I should mention it Thanks a lot Woops!
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 12:16   #164
MartimMonteiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkySan View Post

There's a mod for the shotgun already. I also changes the MP5 to the M16. The mod is made by Eddy. I've played with that mod for a while. The only downside is that certain textures glitch on the M16 and on the environment (some animated textures freeze or they become invisible)

Here's a video preview. The download link is in the video's description: https://youtu.be/bP-sx815cz8
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 15:20   #165
Teeth

One thing I'd like to see would be the pickup display altered so you're seeing the item from slightly above, as in the inventory. At the moment items like keys spin at a really ugly angle, so you can't even tell what you're looking at. I understand this may be impossible, perhaps even the reason they removed the feature in the first place, but it would be awesome if it could be looked into somewhere down the line (though I imagine it'd be low-priority)

It reminds me of bad TRLE games from 2004.

Last edited by Teeth; 24-11-22 at 15:26.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 17:34   #166
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
I have noticed that the object flickering problem of TR3 was reduced notably I know it makes no difference on the original game, but to us, level builders, this is a dream come true. Since it's not being listed on the improovements, I thought I should mention it Thanks a lot Woops!
That’s really cool, probably because of the doubled amount of vertices/polys that can be drawn at a time!

@Teeth I’ll look into it, ty
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 19:47   #167
lahm86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
Thank you, Niko Todd and Woops for your replies. I tried the runtime before and now the SDK, but the result is the same.
I've created a new release of the config tool, which contains a 32-bit build. Could you try this out? Hopefully it will run on your system.

https://github.com/lahm86/tomb3_Conf...eleases/latest
lahm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 23:54   #168
Mokono

Smile

Hello, lahm86. Thank you very much for your kind help. I can confirm it now runs in both vintage and modern Windows.
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-22, 02:37   #169
Kirishima

Something minor I've always noticed in both the pc and ps1 versions, but never really thought about until recently. Is it me or does the lighting on Lara at the start of Nevada Desert and Coastal village seem odd. These are the only 2 places in the game that I've noticed where lighting changes are instant rather than gradual, and returning to the starting spots does not return her to the look she had at the start. It's probably an issue with the levels themselves, but I'm probably just some raving lunatic spewing nonsense without knowing anything.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-22, 17:19   #170
lahm86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
Hello, lahm86. Thank you very much for your kind help. I can confirm it now runs in both vintage and modern Windows.
Great! Thanks for confirming
lahm86 is offline   Reply With Quote