Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 31-05-12, 14:54   #11
MrBear

Oh, this looks promising. This looks very promising although I have little experience with the developers, I've heard good things about CDP Red. And from the presentation video linked two posts above, it seems they're taking it seriously.

Can't wait to mention this to my friend tonight - one of our mutual interests is taste in literature, including sci-fi, and I know he loves Neuromancer and various other cyberpunk works. He'll definitely be intrigued by this

So, they more or less just started working on this? Which means it'll still be how long exactly before it can be expected as a finished product? Two years or so?
MrBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-12, 20:02   #12
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
although I have little experience with the developers
That needs to be fixed immediately They made Witcher 1-2 (so far those are the only games they've developed).

Quote:
So, they more or less just started working on this? Which means it'll still be how long exactly before it can be expected as a finished product? Two years or so?
In a previous conference they announced that they would release a major game in 2014 and another in 2015. I'm guessing that the 2014 game is Witcher 3 and the 2015 game is probably Cyberpunk. I don't think they've officially confirmed that yet though.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-12, 20:40   #13
Linoshi Croft

Very excited for this one. Loved The Witcher..
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 14:32   #14
MrBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
That needs to be fixed immediately They made Witcher 1-2 (so far those are the only games they've developed).
Funny thing is, it was actually "fixed" before you made that post an hour or so after I wrote the previous post, I went to check prices on The Witcher and found a very agreeable one on Steam, so I've now begun that one I already knew about that series and who was behind it, I just never went ahead and actually tried it out despite the praise I'd heard. But now, because of Cyberpunk, I've begun the Witcher journey

Edit: oh, there's a Witcher thread on page 3, I'll move my question to that one instead

Quote:
In a previous conference they announced that they would release a major game in 2014 and another in 2015. I'm guessing that the 2014 game is Witcher 3 and the 2015 game is probably Cyberpunk. I don't think they've officially confirmed that yet though.
Ah, didn't know about a 3rd Witcher game but 2015?? That's so far away time to go invent the time machine... again

Thanks for the info

Last edited by MrBear; 04-06-12 at 14:34. Reason: off-topicness moved to appropriate thread
MrBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 22:32   #15
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Funny thing is, it was actually "fixed" before you made that post an hour or so after I wrote the previous post, I went to check prices on The Witcher and found a very agreeable one on Steam, so I've now begun that one I already knew about that series and who was behind it, I just never went ahead and actually tried it out despite the praise I'd heard. But now, because of Cyberpunk, I've begun the Witcher journey

Edit: oh, there's a Witcher thread on page 3, I'll move my question to that one instead
Awesome And I answered your question there

Quote:
Ah, didn't know about a 3rd Witcher game but 2015?? That's so far away time to go invent the time machine... again

Thanks for the info
You're welcome
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-12, 05:39   #16
lcroft_lc

Cyberpunk titled as Cyberpunk 2077

Quote:
Cyberpunk has been given a title during CD Projeckt RED’s special conference yesterday.

The Cyberpunk game will be called Cyberpunk 2077, and the RPG is a sandbox title which takes place in Night City.
“The Team has to love the material. The Team has to want to be faithful to the material. The Team has to have the skills to execute the material and see that vision through to the end. They have to be on fire with the desire to make an extraordinary game, and that leads, at last, to why we hooked up with CD Projekt RED, said Cyberpunk creator Mike Pondsmith.

CDP and Pondsmith said Cyberpunk 2077 “will be true to the essence of the cyberpunk genre,” with players thrown into the dark future of the year 2077 where advanced technologies have become both “the salvation and the curse of humanity.”

A multi-thread, nonlinear story designed for mature players will take place in Night City and its surroundings, where players will visit some of the places present in Cyberpunk 2020.

One area will include a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, where the player can visit the Afterlife joint and the Forlorn Hope.

The sandbox nature of the game and mechanics inspired by Cyberpunk 2020′s pen-and-paper system has been “fine tuned to meet the requirements of a modern RPG,” with plenty of guns, rifles, implants, gadgets and other equipment available to the player. They will need it when venturing around Night City, ya know.

A release date was not provided during the livestream.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/18/the-...and-gog-today/

lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-12, 09:23   #17
Nemo_91

So awesome!
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 13:17   #18
lcroft_lc

Trailer coming this week. Teaser for the trailer:

@mod, please rename this thread to Cyberpunk 2077.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 13:31   #19
Nemo_91

Yes!
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 14:04   #20
galenwolf

With each new game CD projekt just get better.

This is going to be awesome.
galenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote