Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 08-01-19, 19:25   #13911
PinkyPromise

I refer to a production of high special effects, something similar to Peter Jackson's King Kong in terms of production (whenever I see that film I feel envious ... the island, the ship, they knew how to make an environment!)

I'm 100% sure it would work better than a generic action movie with a generic heroin.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 19:28   #13912
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I refer to a production of high special effects, something similar to Peter Jackson's King Kong in terms of production (whenever I see that film I feel envious ... the island, the ship, they knew how to make an environment!)

I'm 100% sure it would work better than a generic action movie with a generic heroin.
Let's not forget that Peter Jackson had more than the double of the budget Tomb Raider had before inflation. Not saying that the budget in Tomb Raider was that well spent (because it wasn't, like the new Jumanji, which had a similar budget, proves), but let's not compare a medium sized production to a really huge one.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 21:01   #13913
Grizzly Bear

The only think I wouldn't want for a potential sequel is Lu Ren becoming Lara's love interest.
I'm afraid this is something that is going to happen because Angelina's Lara had two love interests (one per movie) and the romantic storyline is such a trend in movies in general.
They did a great job in not giving Lara a love interest in the movie and I really hope they keep it that way if this series is going to continue.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 21:36   #13914
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
The only think I wouldn't want for a potential sequel is Lu Ren becoming Lara's love interest.
I'm afraid this is something that is going to happen because Angelina's Lara had two love interests (one per movie) and the romantic storyline is such a trend in movies in general.
They did a great job in not giving Lara a love interest in the movie and I really hope they keep it that way if this series is going to continue.
And it's the moment when plot twist Lu Ren is the love interest of Ana and a bad guy "dundun"
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 22:19   #13915
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
And it's the moment when plot twist Lu Ren is the love interest of Ana and a bad guy "dundun"
Won't happens we need that sweet, sweet Chinese BO

Hopefully they go the Jonah route with Lu Ren.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 07:48   #13916
Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I didn't mind Alex in the first movie cause he seemed more like a rival/flirty colleague than an actual love interest. Vs the 2nd movie with her actual Ex, that was just unnecessary.

I hope reboot lara never has a love interest.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 13:10   #13917
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
I didn't mind Alex in the first movie cause he seemed more like a rival/flirty colleague than an actual love interest. Vs the 2nd movie with her actual Ex, that was just unnecessary.

I hope reboot lara never has a love interest.
You're right; a new character like Alex West would be ok, but just if it's a new character, it wouldn't work with Lu Ren.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 13:52   #13918
Tonyrobinson

They could bring another Chinese actress into the sequel if we get one too, maybe if they are adapting Rise they could give her a similar part to Sophia although I do like the idea of them adapting an approach with some more magical elements maybe an immortal empress or something. The main market for the first film was China so incorporating monsters or creatures would be a hit there because they love monster/fantasy films.

If they could do it without losing any gravitas that would be great, as much as people say the first film was dark and gritty I didn't think it was all that bleak in capturing that kind of atmosphere aside from the first kill scene and Lara taking the spike out of her stomach.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 10-01-19 at 13:55.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 15:40   #13919
AimlessThunder

Red face

Last edited by AimlessThunder; 12-01-19 at 01:50.
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 18:06   #13920
andre_costa

What would you prefer for the sequel? Based on the story of ROTTR or SOTTR? And why?
I would prefer it to be based on Shadow. I don't think we need the ROTTR story because the movie already used what was essential from that storyline: Trinity and Ana. Besides, I believe a movie based on Shadow would be more fun to watch.

Last edited by andre_costa; 10-01-19 at 18:09.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote