Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 01-06-19, 18:45   #31
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
The only thing I had to do rename wise was change all my new sounds from wav.wave back to just .wave manually, exactly like the original DRM extracts were named. The only content change is the sound files in themselves. Names are identical. I can't pick out where the hash issue is

I'm scrolling through now. My edited Lara folder and unedited one are identical besides obviously the sound file sizes.

Would you mind looking at my googledrive file? I cannot find anything off or missing

Did I also read earlier that you had a previous version of DRM.exe that skipped hash checks..is that still available anywhere to for me to test with?
Ok then it's likely a fault in the DRM tool somewhere, due to file names. At this point in time I'm too busy to fix it unless someone wants to upload file samples quickly so I can take a look.

I doubt there's an older version of the DRM tool that skips hash checking. Hash checking is an absolute MUST for repacking or it won't work (game will crash).

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 04:29   #32
mizuno_suisei

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJs...w?usp=drivesdk

Here's my samples. Both pre and post ADPCM convert

Good to know about the DRM repack. I might actually give PSP Anniversary another go at all this same process but different sound format.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 02-06-19 at 04:30.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 14:57   #33
JimbobJeffers

I remember getting that hash mis-match error too when texture editing. For me, it required going into each file in a hex editor and correcting the value at offset 10, as the tool would input the wrong one. I think it worked fine when running the tool on files one-by-one, it was only with a .bat file that errors came up.

Here's the note I left myself for reference, it's been a little while since I've modded TRA but hopefully it makes sense: :P

Open in HxD and make sure that the hex at offset 10 is using the characters of the file name after the underscore, not before, and reversed by pairs if there are three or more characters.
e.g. file 2_6dd, hex from offset 10 should be "dd 06"
e.g. file 1_c, hex from offset 10 should be "0c 00"
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 02:50   #34
mizuno_suisei

Thankyou so much for that clarification, had it been told earlier a bloody nuisance though. Already took me 3 hrs to organize the new sounds..can't imagine bringing myself to hex edit every single one. Doh.

Close but no cigar. So technically we can't change sounds without the hard yards, only swap them around.
Old 13-06-19, 15:56   #35
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Thankyou so much for that clarification, had it been told earlier a bloody nuisance though. Already took me 3 hrs to organize the new sounds..can't imagine bringing myself to hex edit every single one. Doh.

Close but no cigar. So technically we can't change sounds without the hard yards, only swap them around.
Sounds like the tool needs new condition to patch in the hash from filename.

Easy fix.

Cheers.
Old 14-06-19, 04:28   #36
mizuno_suisei

Does that mean I need to make an ammendment to my bat/input? Or are you making a change to tool. Easy fix for me or you?
Old 21-06-20, 07:52   #37
ATombRaiderFan

Hey Gh0stBlade, what programme did you use to edit the dds files?
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-20, 15:10   #38
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Hey Gh0stBlade, what programme did you use to edit the dds files?
Paint.net but Photoshop is probably the better option.

Cheers.
Old 21-06-20, 16:24   #39
ATombRaiderFan

^ Thank you!
Old 22-06-20, 09:14   #40
ATombRaiderFan

Hello, I have followed the steps in your first post and it works well, thank you!

I did intially get stuck earlier when I was only replacing just one of the bigfiles (bigfile016) in the Legend folder because that is where the texture I wanted to change is stored, and the game crashed when loading the related level. When I replaced *all* the bigfiles, the game works and the texture was changed. Is there a reason behind this?

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 22-06-20 at 11:42.