Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 22-02-19, 10:37   #31
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
Shouldn`t journalists be unbiased and objective?
I'm not talking about journalists, I'm talking about posters being respectful.

Yeah sometimes I can get heated, yeah sometimes I can get a bit passionate, but I don't attack people and call them names and personally insult them. I always make sure that the main topic is what is talked about and not a fellow poster.

I don't appreciate being told that my name is next to the word shallow by another poster in the dictionary.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 10:44   #32
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post

Yeah sometimes I can get heated, yeah sometimes I can get a bit passionate, but I don't attack people and call them names and personally insult them. I always make sure that the main topic is what is talked about and not a fellow poster.

I don't appreciate being told that my name is next to the word shallow by another poster in the dictionary.
Like you did on this thread: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222308 ?
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 10:46   #33
CroftManiac05

Quote:
Shouldn`t journalists be unbiased and objective?
Journalists are objective only when they are telling news about a subject.
When they are telling their personal opinion in a post unrelated to news, they can be as biased as they want to.

Last edited by CroftManiac05; 22-02-19 at 10:59.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 10:46   #34
Mani_Man

Quote:
I saw what was written before the edit.

Honestly it's sad how people can't have a decent discussion without attacking someone and calling them names like that.

Just because someone posts an article about how reboot TR was not the right direction for the franchise or Lara.

Whatever, accept the journalists point of view or not, I honestly don't want to sit here and go another round of this either. Especially not when people call someone names and nothing is done about it.
I saw what was written before the edit too...so again,im not sure why you somehow think that people dont see your posts...thats so weird.

And again i remember how you claimed that gaming journalists are bought because they praised the reboot.
I remember how you called the people in THAT topic idiots for supporting and defending the developer...developer you wished that they lose their jobs, effectivly being unable to support their families just because you dont like where a game sereis was going.

So again im baffled that you absolutly seem to be unable to self reflect.

Quote:

Again im not sure why you feel the need to lie when more than 200 user can see you constantly attack people.
More importantly i still have the messages where you threatened me and insulted me personally...do you really not know how the internet works?

Yesterday you literally derailed a topic, hell even before you derailed topics on a almost daily base just to play the angle of "buhu i dont like this so should everybody else".

If you dont like your name being next to shallow then maybe stop being shallow for once...would help deal with the situation.

If we then could continue with the topic at hand and not the usual Charmed attention hour, that would be sweet thank you.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 10:47   #35
charmedangelin

Whatever

Last edited by charmedangelin; 22-02-19 at 10:49.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 10:48   #36
Grimaldi

There’s definitely a sense of feeling embarrassed, even scared, of who Lara (and Tomb Raider) used to be in their work as it progressed. I don’t think they failed her, but the reboot timeline itself. It could’ve been so much better had they been bolder and less insecure about things.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 11:12   #37
TrustyBow

Lara has a bow, meaning she = Katniss Everdeen? Okay
The games were in development before the Hunger Games movies were even a thing.

Also, Lara leading a group of misfits against a corrupt organization? C'mon now.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 11:13   #38
Costel

Back on topic.

Shouldn`t the „ journalist„ ask „did Eidos Montreal and Crystal Dynamics fail Lara Croft...?„
They made the games and write the characters. SE is just the publisher.

And no they did not failed Lara, but they failed Trinity.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 11:23   #39
Mani_Man

Quote:
Back on topic.

Shouldn`t the „ journalist„ ask „did Eidos Montreal and Crystal Dynamics fail Lara Croft...?„
They made the games and write the characters. SE is just the publisher.

The publisher who involved itself strongly into development of the game.
We know that the whole story and characters were supposed to be different but SE forced a different direction on the games.

Thats why i said that there is so much to unpack.
You have so much you could tackle with this topic that goes beyond what some sensationalist talks about.

Alone when you think about the topics the writers wanted to tackle in TR2013 and that SE refused, the why and how, what it could have meant for the series or gaming itself.
There is just so much strong stuff we could deal with...but here in this fandom it all starts and ends with "She should wear shorts".
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 11:41   #40
TrustyBow

Quote:
I agree. And to be honest, I didn't mind their interpretation in Rise. Shadow was the one that I think did a bit too much with them by not really doing too much with them, if that makes sense.

For the record, I praise Reboot Lara all the time, but I don't think she was a perfectly written character. Classic Lara is a lot more memorable. Thing is, Classic Lara is more of an archetype, than anything and archetypal characters tend to be more memorable than relatable characters (Joker, Sherlock Holmes, Jay Gatsby, Holly Golightly, etc.. I mean there was her whole backstory but I don't think too many people knew about that outside of die hard fans.

I respect the studios ambition in trying to deconstruct the icon. Though they failed at making her the Classic Lara we all know, I think they did a pretty good job at making a new incarnation of her. Also, having read the comics, I'd argue that she's a lot more like Classic Lara than most people would give her credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
There is just so much strong stuff we could deal with...but here in this fandom it all starts and ends with "She should wear shorts".
It's very frustrating. Make's it hard to have a genuine conversation on the topic.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote