Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 04-02-19, 17:01   #681
Maverin

That looks like a plausible setting for that track Girafarig. The texture does seem a little too 'bright' compared to the other dark textures from those levels. Maybe they used a leftover from the Germany levels because they were in a hurry and forgot to change it later on.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 18:36   #682
Caesum

Isn't watery grave actually used in the PS2 version of the game?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 21:40   #683
Ruu11

Yes, that SFX on Eckhardt's Lab is actually in the game if I'm not wrong :S

Btw, I was just watching those old IGN's beta videos from TRAOD
and I think I found something interesting:

0:35 Lara jumping twice fastly

...and this version of the game was probably the very previous one to the final release.
What the hecking heck did Core in the last minute with this poor game?
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 23:22   #684
Woops

Nice find^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
...and this version of the game was probably the very previous one to the final release.
Not exactly sure how you came to that conclusion, though.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 05:05   #685
Girafarig32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
That looks like a plausible setting for that track Girafarig. The texture does seem a little too 'bright' compared to the other dark textures from those levels. Maybe they used a leftover from the Germany levels because they were in a hurry and forgot to change it later on.
Would that texture have fit in with the Germany levels? It looks out of place anywhere. Maybe it was a floor tile? It's also worth noting that it's kinda low res compared to many other textures, so it's likely it was forgotten (since they didn't bother to "touch it up", or maybe they just suspected people wouldn't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Isn't watery grave actually used in the PS2 version of the game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Yes, that SFX on Eckhardt's Lab is actually in the game if I'm not wrong :S
That's an interesting point, I forgot about PS2 (even after all these years being most familiar with the PS2 version). I just now compared the PS2 to PC to "Watery Grave", this is the result:

PS2: has the water SFX, but the trickling sound is much longer and there is no violins in the background. https://youtu.be/YnqHB6o_TlM?t=350

PC: No SFX in the original https://youtu.be/tuomtZ4msic?t=227

"Watery Grave": contains both a shortened trickle SFX fitting directly with the water animation, and it includes the violin music. https://youtu.be/HuPr50pOKj8?t=57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Not exactly sure how you came to that conclusion, though.
I think it's because otherwise it looks strikingly close to the final build.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 13:21   #686
Ruu11

^ That's so weird... I mean, PS2 version DOES include the background music for that little cutscene :S
Maybe is just a bug? Or also one of those weird things/bugs that only happen to certain copy of the game ...I should investigate

About the game version showed in that IGN video I just think that is the very previous one to the final release mostly because of the health bar
and also of course because it looks very very similar to final build!
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 21:39   #687
Caesum

I'll check that on my end as well. Maybe it's the US version without it, and UK with it. Or maybe my brain is just playing tricks on me. No idea.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 22:57   #688
Samz

You can smash the display cases in the Louvre with gunfire (At least during Galleries Under Siege) but its a little wonky to trigger (or the glass takes a suprising amount of bullets to break.)

The Taser still has sound effects in the Le Serpent Rogue so its clear Core wanted Lara to have the option of non-lehality (Probably since even they realised Lara was getting a bit kill happy.) up until she's fighting exclusively Cabal troops but neither it or the Dart gun actually work in the Nightclub (They both won't knock them out but the stun gun "shock" effect with the blue outline will still happen on them.)

Not quite the same bit of small Trivia, but Kurtis's Boan X is a Browning Hi-power, the same type of pistol Lara used until this game. (Really wish it worked now if we cheated it into her inventory instead of just being invisible duals.)

The Bar lift in the Serpent Rogue (With the shotgun ammo) shows the cut Wide-shot ammo while it's still downstairs.

When Lara first changes into her wetsuit, she has dual vectors as part of her model. (They won't change if you change weapons nor can you draw them.)

Last edited by Samz; 02-03-19 at 11:20.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 11:18   #689
red_lion

Quote:
You can smash the display cases in the Louvre with gunfire (At least during Galleries Under Siege) but its a little wonky to trigger (or the glass takes a suprising amount of bullets to break.)
That's not the only thing you can smash in the game.. You can also smash the pottery (seen here) in the main hall with the lasers, after the first room with the paintings. You can also smash the shower at Von Croy's place and the Greek styled vase.

Quote:
The Taser still has sound effects in the Le Serpent Rogue so its clear Core wanted Lara to have the option of non-lehality (Probably since even they realised Lara was getting a bit kill happy.) up until she's fighting exclusively Cabal troops but neither it or the Dart gun actually work in the Nightclub (They both won't knock them out but the stun gun "shock" effect will still happen on them.)
Didn't know that.. good find!

Last edited by red_lion; 02-03-19 at 11:22.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 12:14   #690
Samz

Lara was seemingly meant to get the Impactor before Le Serpent Rogue, while it doesn't do any damage against enemies in the Paris Ghetto section, with the only exception of the Herbalist level, it actually has its sound effects working, infact, its sound effect is actually loaded in as soon as Derelict Apartments and stays loaded for the whole Ghetto section with the exception of the Herbalist, since the MV9 sound effect is loaded in Backstreets. (Despite us not getting any ammo for it) and the Vector sound effect is actually first loaded in Industrial Rooftops (Despite the rooftop security guard in first level using a Vector with the Vector SFX.), maybe we'd get the Impactor as that reward for backtracking with the Vector first being found in the rooftops.

It still doesn't work as a weapon aside from the visual effects before the Louvre though.

You can glitch the "arrest" Police by using fly mode, the Shield ones will do nothing while the Gun cops will keep pointing their guns at you but Lara won't surrender again.

Desert Ranger doesn't have sound effects in the "Parisian Ghetto" levels. (The ones with the Parisian Ghetto loading screen/save name.)

Last edited by Samz; 02-03-19 at 12:27.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote